RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 12-21-2016

I have always felt climbing should use a mixture of both strength and dexterity against a character's weight.  With climb being just based upon strength you could have a Fighter with a Strength of 18 that weighs 600 pounds who scales a walls easier than an average strength rogue.  It doesn't make much sense.  

I think the second option makes the most sense with perhaps half of the dex mod (rounded down) added to strength for the final calculations.  

I would like to suggest the possibility of creating synergy with Jump and Balance.  Since Jump is a Strength skill and Balance is a Dexterity skill, I think either skill could help in climbing and give a +2 modifier for people who take the time to train in those skills.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Torin - 12-21-2016

PCs current HP:
Lugar: 13/45
Portho: 23/44
SG: 42/77
Torin: 41/53
Toot: 51/51
Boo: 42/42

If I made some mistake then correct me.
@DM: Could you give me the NPCs state.

Torin could casts a Hide from Undead spell as he said it, but who don't want to be participate - with direct attacks and attacking spells - in this final battle?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 04:04 PM)Torin Wrote: PCs current HP:
Lugar: 13/45
Portho:  23/44
SG: 42/77
Boo: 42/42

If I made some mistake then correct me.
@DM: Could you give me the NPCs state.

Torin could casts a Hide from Undead spell as he said it, but who don't want to be participate - with direct attacks and attacking spells - in this final battle?

I think SG's HP is: 37 (still in rage), 23 (without rage)

I was sure Boo was hit by one of the skeletons but I guess not.  That means Boo is only 1 hit point off because of Torin attacking him for 2 and Toot giving him a goodberry when everyone met.  

I will go and edit my last post so I don't give Boo a goodberry.  No need if he is only 1 hitpoint off.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 12-21-2016

Maul is wounded (33-66% of max)
Murkatos is injured (66-90% of max)
Note: the terms I use:
100% - unscathed (not sure if this is a word; saw it somewhere Smile )
91-99% - scratched
67-90% - injured
33-66% - wounded
10-32% - battered
1hp - 9% - grievous
0hp - disabled
-5 to -1hp - dying
-9 to -6hp - near death

If you have ideas for better terms, come forward Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 12-21-2016

And Giant's rage must have ended. He started in first round of combat and combat lasted five rounds, plus more than two rounds to get here. (haven't calculated exactly but should be a total of 10 rounds; more than the rage's max duration)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 12-21-2016

I thought Boo was hit by a spell, and Portho offered to heal?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 05:05 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: And Giant's rage must have ended. He started in first round of combat and combat lasted five rounds, plus more than two rounds to get here. (haven't calculated exactly but should be a total of 10 rounds; more than the rage's max duration)

So he's breathing heavy. He needs a goodberry gatoraide.

@Torin Lugar has no qualms/objections about hidingSmile Makes it easier to steal things from the undead!

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Torin - 12-21-2016

PCs current HP:
Lugar: 21/45
Portho: 23/44
SG: 54/77
Boo: 41?/42

Maul is wounded (33-66% of max) (cleric) +14 HP
Murkatos is injured (66-90% of max)

(12-21-2016, 05:09 PM)Lugar Wrote: I thought Boo was hit by a spell, and Portho offered to heal?

I thought so too!  I did a word search for Boo and skimmed through every time Boo's name was mentioned and I didn't see it but I will check again later on tonight when I have a little more time.