RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 12-07-2016

(12-06-2016, 02:28 PM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 07:29 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: @Portho Nihilbuck - if you talk that will abort your bardic song. How about asking first (free action in surprise round) then start singing (std in surprise round), followed by drawing and handing over (in first round)

[OoC Lol thanks.. yes speak as free action before he starts to sing.  Will modify my post]

Question, couldn't Portho technically just sing what he wanted to say? Can't he just make up a song on the spot? Like sing, Who can use the club, to the tune of, Row Row Row Your Boat?

"Who, who, who can use,
Who can use the club?
Speak up now so I can throw,
you-hoo-hoo the club" Tongue

(12-07-2016, 05:36 AM)Lugar Wrote: Sooo, I was wondering if everyone was thinking what I was thinking.  The "Sea of Hate" is the Negative Energy Plane, which we are looking at through a gaping hole in the ceiling.  I know SG thinks the key is one of the daggers, but in game it could be any damned thing!  In my opinion the key is the vampire that just poofed and disappeared into a crack in the wall, after all it was he that opened the portal.  Any other thoughts?

I'm a relative newcomer to the group so I don't know anything about what you've learnt about The Sea of Hate. Sad Toot is only here because 1) he was trying to get burrow under the ground to check out a tower or something, 2) to stop the Undead Apocalypse.

Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 12-07-2016

Re basic song; the text can be anything, sure, but it must be fit for purpose. So as a rule of thumb I'd say no talking while singing. If he were using an instrument then he could speak meanwhile but most instruments need both hands so singing is usually the ideal choice.

Re Toot knowing nothing about sea and key; then you are exactly where everyone else is Wink

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 12-07-2016

(12-07-2016, 06:13 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Re basic song; the text can be anything, sure, but it must be fit for purpose. So as a rule of thumb I'd say no talking while singing. If he were using an instrument then he could speak meanwhile but most instruments need both hands so singing is usually the ideal choice.

Re Toot knowing nothing about sea and key; then you are exactly where everyone else is Wink

If it must be fit for purpose then how bout a version of, "You can't touch this - It's Hammer Time!" but calling it, "It's clubbing time!"  He isn't wearing parachute pants but it might work in a pinch.   Tongue

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 12-07-2016

Point taken :-)

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 12-07-2016

(12-07-2016, 05:36 AM)Lugar Wrote: Sooo, I was wondering if everyone was thinking what I was thinking.  The "Sea of Hate" is the Negative Energy Plane, which we are looking at through a gaping hole in the ceiling.  I know SG thinks the key is one of the daggers, but in game it could be any damned thing!  In my opinion the key is the vampire that just poofed and disappeared into a crack in the wall, after all it was he that opened the portal.  Any other thoughts?

Agree, dude Smile http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread.php?tid=95&pid=15083#pid15083

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 12-08-2016

(12-08-2016, 04:22 PM)Silent Giant Wrote:
(12-08-2016, 02:56 PM)Torin Wrote:
ooc Wrote:SG could get the club without an AOO, but he must step back 5 foot before that.
1. Do a simple attack (standard action).
2. Step back 5 foot.
3. Get the club.

ooc - Yeah, I have written the same in priv msg at roll20 but no answer yet. But I think he must enter the square to pick up an item. Where is the club? Can he pick up from an adjacent square?

Answering Giant's roll20 questions as well;
Toot explicitly wrote that he wouldn't stay next to the circle which brings him closer to the walls instead.
Portho couldn't hand over the club earlier because it's one move action to retrieve it from the sack and one (move? std?) action to hand it over; Portho started bardic music in the surprise round instead and I don't blame him for it Smile

As for the five-foot step-- I decided to roll Portho a wisdom check to see if he figures out Giant's options but if that's the case Giant will pick up the club and cannot attack in the same round so who knows whether they will pick on Portho in his stead...
Since the wis check succeeded Portho may decide if he wants Giant by his side with the club on the ground or wants Giant one step back with the club in the barbarian's hands.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 12-08-2016

Knowing that @Toot usually has problems with accessing roll20 on a regular basis; if you can't check yourself I will find a new position for Toot that may be better for the party (the NW corner of one square to the south instead of the SE corner of the current square. This way, he and Boo will be safe from the warrior's reach while Portho and Giant may move 1 square south each and Lugar may step next to Torin, all of them staying in the MCaE.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Portho Nihilbuck - 12-08-2016

(12-08-2016, 04:53 PM)DM Surranó Wrote:
(12-08-2016, 04:22 PM)Silent Giant Wrote:
(12-08-2016, 02:56 PM)Torin Wrote:
ooc Wrote:SG could get the club without an AOO, but he must step back 5 foot before that.
1. Do a simple attack (standard action).
2. Step back 5 foot.
3. Get the club.

ooc - Yeah, I have written the same in priv msg at roll20 but no answer yet. But I think he must enter the square to pick up an item. Where is the club? Can he pick up from an adjacent square?

Answering Giant's roll20 questions as well;
Toot explicitly wrote that he wouldn't stay next to the circle which brings him closer to the walls instead.
Portho couldn't hand over the club earlier because it's one move action to retrieve it from the sack and one (move? std?) action to hand it over; Portho started bardic music in the surprise round instead and I don't blame him for it Smile

As for the five-foot step-- I decided to roll Portho a wisdom check to see if he figures out Giant's options but if that's the case Giant will pick up the club and cannot attack in the same round so who knows whether they will pick on Portho in his stead...
Since the wis check succeeded Portho may decide if he wants Giant by his side with the club on the ground or wants Giant one step back with the club in the barbarian's hands.

A club in SG'sb hands is worth two on the ground.  Portho will get the club into SG's hands if possible

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 12-15-2016

(12-15-2016, 03:44 AM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: Portho really can't verbalize his desire to leave, he's busy singing.  I will find a way IC to communicate his wishes.

You mean like this- Brave Sir Robin

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 12-19-2016

Question. Can a hat of disguise be used to make one appear dead? I think skeletal dead may be beyond the limit of the "disguise self" as intended, but what about zombie-like? (As a last resort I'm thinking Lugar could make it look like he died so the mindless undead leave him alone.) 

Disguise Self
Illusion (Glamer)
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1, Trickery 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 10 min./level (D)
You make yourself—including clothing, armor, weapons, and equipment—look different. You can seem 1 foot shorter or taller, thin, fat, or in between. You cannot change your body type. Otherwise, the extent of the apparent change is up to you. You could add or obscure a minor feature or look like an entirely different person.

The spell does not provide the abilities or mannerisms of the chosen form, nor does it alter the perceived tactile (touch) or audible (sound) properties of you or your equipment.

If you use this spell to create a disguise, you get a +10 bonus on the Disguise check.

A creature that interacts with the glamer gets a Will save to recognize it as an illusion.

"You cannot change your body type." Not sure what this means exactly.

"You make yourself—including clothing, armor, weapons, and equipment—look different." I've never heard of anyone else making their self and clothing blend into the surrounding, but the way this is worded I don't see why not? Should give a bonus to hide checks if you blend in with your surroundings I'm thinking.