RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 09-26-2016

Wow this is a good little thread here. I never really considered "line of effect," I guess I've always made rulings based on line of sight unless the spell mentioned otherwise.... This all gets so complicated, that's why there's no magic in the world. The Druids and Sorcorers couldn't agree on how spells work so someone invented firearmsSmile

Lugar would be in front not because he's a tank but because he's a good scout and can spot traps. Overall he's a flexible character and he could don heavy armor and weild big weapons and grow large etc, but in the end he doesn't have the hit points like Giant or Torin to hang in a long fight. Which reminds me, next time we're able Lugar needs some smoke grenades like Batman.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Torin - 09-26-2016

I will be on holiday from 27.09 till 04.10. I think I could post not so frequently.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 09-26-2016

That's beautiful. I'll be on business trip 4 to 6th October. so plenty of time for roleplaying everyone Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 09-27-2016

Re Everburning Torches-- Yes I meant the shape of Portho's ET. So now we have a whopping five...

Re lightning trap-- Probably not, but Lugar got the hang of it and disarmed it after the first incident.

Re golem type-- I can't recall anyone ever dared jumping to this conclusion. Indeed, iron golems are made of iron but them having DR 15/admt suggests that they are more like the meanest hardened steel which, being graphite in colour, may be easy to mistake for adamantine.
Using common sense the iron golem's CR is 13, means above overwhelming for the 7th level party, even without the environmental add-on (water and antimagic) but an adamantine golem with CR 25?...
By the book it looks like an adamantine golem and it behaves like an iron golem.
So... who knows? Smile

Spoiler below...
(12-06-2015, 08:40 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Murkatos tells you about the weapons he seeks.
"According to my sources there's a rare artifact here that translates a paladin's divine grace into enchantment. There's another one that can fell a dragon with a single hit, and a third one that numbs the most dextrous of the animals. But above all these--"
He takes a momentary pause to ensure that he has the undivided attention of everyone.
"There is a war machine made of pure adamantine, propelled by arcane power."

Merri snaps her lavender eyes at the man. "Like an I--"
Her question is aborted by a sharp and painful wail. Her left knee fails to hold her weight and stumbles across the debris to regain posture but falls. Lugar can catch the flash of a ghostly hand disappearing into the floor.

"Sonova! Move!" Maul roars and indicates the opening leading downstairs. He jumps to the girl to help her back to her feet and then they stumble together towards the crack.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 10-05-2016

"I just want to say, if I die, it was fun.  And if the giant adamantine statue kills me, may I be reincarnated as a beautiful nymph!" Big Grin

If the anti magic field goes down, and since Giant is disguised as a human guard... perhaps with a certain insignia on his shoulder, the large statue will think he is friend and not attack, maybe?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 10-05-2016

yes, it is feasible that the guardian can see a human guard instead of a half-orc. Even though all the party members saw through the disguise the guardian was not there...
... whether this will stop it from pounding him to death is a different question Smile

I think we are not on the same page here.

(10-05-2016, 02:23 AM)Lugar Wrote: Lugar was hiding from the giant statue, squatting low in the water with only his eyes poking out like a crocodile

Lugar was hiding from the giant statue while the iron wall was closed?

(09-26-2016, 04:58 PM)Lugar Wrote: Lugar will carry the torch to find the magic dampening field. (...) "Prepare yourselves, I will open the door.... "

(emphasis mine). So first, Lugar tried to find the magic dampening field but didn't find anything. Next, he warned everyone that he "will" open the wall but he didn't. Or did he?
In my understanding finding the antimagic field is crucial for Toot's plan to work and that plan should be put in motion before the wall is opened, or at least before anyone would get within arm's reach to the guardian.

How did all of you interpret the situation? Did Lugar open the wall or just said he would but hasn't done so yet?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 10-05-2016

I think he hasn't opened it yet. Antimagic field was activated after we opened the door, wasn't it?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 10-05-2016

(10-03-2016, 05:20 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: [OOC - is everyone waiting for someone else?]

"I'm prepared. Maul nods sternly.
"So you open the gate then-- what's next?" the armourer asks while bracing himself tightly agaist the only handhold he can muster; his light mace.

I stated Lugar's intent to open the door and took Maul's and Murkatos's words as affirmation that Lugar opened the door. But I see now how I assumed a lot. I figured that when I state Lugar's intent, like opening the magic puzzle door that you would decide the outcome. The whole bit about Lugar hiding from the statue was fluff, since I hadn't posted in a while it offered an in game excuse. His mouth was under water Smile

Sure, no problems with that. I did not go forward and let Lugar open the door because the preceding assumption (i.e. that he located the antimagic field) was not met.
As for Giant; yes, that is clever player thinking and I expected Lugar to state it IC. I will proceed, maybe tomorrow, but Friday latest, with an IC post depending on what anyone posts until then.