RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 09-15-2016

One clear way for a character to know is if he sees the divine focus or holy symbol. Most people should recognize the more popular gods. Did Torin need one for his spell? Don't have the books in front of me. Otherwise, to someone like Giant, who we all agree probably wouldn't register on an EKG, would just see "magic." Or did Torin say something on Dwarven like, "by the power of grey skull I have the power!"

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 09-16-2016

(09-15-2016, 08:11 PM)Torin Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 05:48 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: It has looked like an arcane witchcraft not a prayer. What have you prayed for? Have you beg for your life? I will watch you. If you are a good cleric as you introduce yourself then you will have many possibilities to prove it.
@SG:
1. Please quote where said Torin that, he is a cleric.
2. SG see 4 identical gnome at now (Portho's Mirror Image). If Torin spell is bother SG then why doesn't bother Potho's spell him? Or00 the player missed this?
3. I think a divine casting is performed in much different way than an arcane magic (e.g.: you can perform a divine spell in full plate). Of course the effect is "almost same" if the spell name is same.

1. I think he didn't say the word cleric. He mentioned two or three times his Lady (with big L) and he said it was a prayer not a witchcraft. So if he is praying he must be a cleric or priest or similar.
He also told about that he can preserve Merri's body like Maul does (who is a cleric).

2. "If Giant perceives Torin or somebody else casting a spell then he yells Witchcraft! and shoots with his longbow. " - http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread.php?tid=344&pid=13523#pid13523
Yes, player missed Portho's spell. There also was shift in time.
But I can explain it Smile
Two (strange) gnomes used their power against each other so Giant was a bit surprised and he didn't want to intervene. If they kill each other then there will be less "potential enemies".
Finally, dwarves are not his favorites but his master was a gnome ranger (Zizz). But if somebody proves his bravery Giant will like it. (For example Merri, an elf girl was his "second best friend", and he thinks Lugar is his dude Smile)

3. First time Torin said it was a Detect Magic not a Prayer. He mentioned magic and some extradimensional space, etc. Giant doesn't understand magic and doesn't know too much about it. He is suspicious of those who use it, especially if they are strangers in an evil place. I think the only one he can recognize is the cure spell Smile
I think you can cast arcane spell in a full plate using a metamagic feat or a spell without somatic component. Giant doesn't know details ... yet. But Torin can be his mentor Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 09-16-2016

I would add that Giant doesn't have too much grip of spellcasting classes, even though he would be a divine spellcaster by now if he took more ranger levels and fewer barbarian ones. For him, all spellcasters are either clerics or witches. (he could argue that Merri was a friendly witch...)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Torin - 09-19-2016

(09-15-2016, 11:41 PM)Lugar Wrote: One clear way for a character to know is if he sees the divine focus or holy symbol. Most people should recognize the more popular gods. Did Torin need one for his spell? Don't have the books in front of me. Otherwise, to someone like Giant, who we all agree probably wouldn't register on an EKG, would just see "magic." Or did Torin say something on Dwarven like, "by the power of grey skull  I have the power!"

Ok. SG seems so simple. He has only two states one and zero. Maybe we can call him to Einstein. Big Grin

He wears an illustrated book about his neck on a chain. (Detect Magic's Components: V, S)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Torin - 09-19-2016

(09-16-2016, 03:27 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: Finally, dwarves are not his favorites but his master was a gnome ranger (Zizz).

Or a dark elf ranger (Drizzt) who was wearing a Hat of Disquise? Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 09-20-2016

Drizzt is okay, as far as alignment is concerned. BTW he's a barbarian as well...

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 09-20-2016

We might want to make the long story short and clarify two points OOC:

First, are all the newcomers ready to delve into the den of evil with the four firstcomers? (a simple "yes" will do)

Second, what is the plan?
So far the overall plan looks like:
- go down there
- let the doodid figure out what spells to invoke with what points of origin
- wait for the guardian to sink
- rush in and pass the danger zone before it could get outta there.

We may add more elaborate details, like, how would all the other PCs (old and new) contribute to success; how the NPCs could help.
Once settled, a volunteer might write an IC summary of what happens until the party gets to the critical point.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 09-20-2016

(09-19-2016, 01:11 PM)Torin Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 11:41 PM)Lugar Wrote: One clear way for a character to know is if he sees the divine focus or holy symbol. Most people should recognize the more popular gods. Did Torin need one for his spell? Don't have the books in front of me. Otherwise, to someone like Giant, who we all agree probably wouldn't register on an EKG, would just see "magic." Or did Torin say something on Dwarven like, "by the power of grey skull  I have the power!"

Ok. SG seems so simple. He has only two states one and zero. Maybe we can call him to Einstein. Big Grin

He wears an illustrated book about his neck on a chain. (Detect Magic's Components: V, S)

So what have you expected from an ugly and dumb half-orc barbarian/ranger? Wink

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 09-20-2016

(09-20-2016, 10:33 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: We may add more elaborate details, like, how would all the other PCs (old and new) contribute to success; how the NPCs could help.

NPC's could heal the wounded PC's before we meet the statue again. Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Portho Nihilbuck - 09-20-2016

(09-20-2016, 10:33 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: We might want to make the long story short and clarify two points OOC:

First, are all the newcomers ready to delve into the den of evil with the four firstcomers? (a simple "yes" will do)

Second, what is the plan?
So far the overall plan looks like:
- go down there
- let the doodid figure out what spells to invoke with what points of origin
- wait for the guardian to sink
- rush in and pass the danger zone before it could get outta there.

We may add more elaborate details, like, how would all the other PCs (old and new) contribute to success; how the NPCs could help.
Once settled, a volunteer might write an IC summary of what happens until the party gets to the critical point.