RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Vitkyng - 07-25-2015

(07-25-2015, 06:33 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: @Lugar and everyone
do you prefer myth-weavers or roll20 for sheets? Pro roll20 if you properly fill your sheet you can roll up all kinds of fun checks attacks etc with a single click or two. I will try to add a poll...

I am an experienced DM on roll20.. running 2 games  a week for over 2 years now.. and I prefer Mythweavers sheets... Roll20 sheets are actually quite labour intensive for little reward

As for the forest gnome languages Automatic Languages: Gnome, Elven, Sylvan, and a simple language that enables them to communicate on a very basic level with forest animals   so as long as I have at least a +1 Int bonus, I'll be able to pick up that common (or if not I can spend 2 skill points and acquire the language, since we are not starting at level 1)    I don't mind being one o' the wee folk.

Doing my rerolls in roll20 = 16 15 14 13 12 9 5   so dropping the 5

Since we are starting at 21000xp does that mean we get the +1 attribute from 4th level?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - GM Marvel - 07-25-2015

Oh! What about a Jermlaine from MM2!?! MOUNTED SQUIRREL ARCHER CLERIC. HIGH HO SQUIRREL, AWAY!!!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 07-25-2015

@Vitkyng:
Re roll20 vs MW: heard ye... Finally I decided you guys go with whichever you want (even a third one is OK) as long as I can access it and it remotely resembles the standard character sheet so I can find everything easily on the sheet.

Re forest gnomes: sure thing I just had to remind another player in the past... so I prevented disaster

Re your rolls: noted and congrats. Smile

Re +1 stat at 4th level: that's just natural. I believe it's every 4 HD actually so you get it as long as your LA is no more than +3.

@GM Marvel: (still not sure about mentions including space in name)
Re jermlaine: You have the nerve to ask deviation from core books Smile I will look it up. Please do the bulk of the labour for me and look up a comparable race in MM1-- if you find one that's clearly better or same in all aspects then I'll probably allow the non-core races...

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - GM Marvel - 07-25-2015

Well I didn't think you would say yes. It would be a funny character concept. A Jermalaine Druid would be cool too

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

hrmpf. Can druids use bows?
Anyway I had a quick look. +6 dex and +6 wis look temptating indeed, along with -8str -2 con -2 int -6 cha... challenging for a priest to say the least.
That said, a tiny fey would s*ck in close combat so ranged is a feasible thought.
That said, a tiny shortbow would cause 1d3 damage (modified for low strength...) and longbows are no-no for mounted archers.
Anyway, that +6 wis may worth it... (giving you a whopping 15+6+1 = 22 on 4th level... drop a +4 pearl of wisdom into the bag and you have +2 bonus spells up to 4th level!)
So if you are simply hunting for fun then I'm game. Ehlonna knows...
As for the mount; as a tiny character you need a small mount. You may try to develop a dire squirrel based on dire rat (small rodent) and dire weasel (medium and maybe more dex-focused than a rat) or simply take a dire rat... they both have amazing speed.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Vitkyng - 07-25-2015

(07-25-2015, 02:48 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: <snip>... You may try to develop a dire squirrel based on dire rat .. <snip> 

It would lose the SA: Disease and gain SA: Distraction, because... SQUIRREL!!

Tongue

(07-25-2015, 04:12 PM)Vitkyng Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 02:48 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: <snip>... You may try to develop a dire squirrel based on dire rat .. <snip> 

It would lose the SA: Disease and gain SA: Distraction, because... SQUIRREL!!

[emoji14]
Improved feint as bonus feat?

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Merrinna Starsong - 07-25-2015

I guess I need to hurry up and put my character back together. It's been a little crazy on my end. I won't bore you with the details, but time is short this weekend. I have a lot going on. What level were we again? 7?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Merrinna Starsong - 07-25-2015

Didn't I have a +5 greatsword of Everything Slaying?

RE: Chapter 1-2: Tunnels of Hate - Merrinna Starsong - 07-25-2015

Hey! I should be the capital M!