RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 06-14-2016

(06-14-2016, 12:42 AM)Lugar Wrote: Going over Lugar's options to survive this fight, really for the party to survive this fight, and I think his best bet is The Hat of Disguise.  Maybe, just maybe, taking on Sirrith's appearance might get him the opportunity to control the construct if it recognizes Sirrith's authority.  But I digress, I've always took the powers of The Hat of Disguise as an at will power with no duration or time limit, but still requiring a standard action to activate.  In game, Lugar "willed" it, in my mind his concentration on the form he wished to imitate was a standard action.  I was curious of other views on how the magic item worked.

I think this construct defends the room and wasn't controlled by Sirrith. He was a paladin not arcane caster.

What do you think which item is the key of hate? Maybe one of them have an evil aura? But here is an antimagic field, so we have to get all of them and examine them outside Smile

These are the smallest key-like items.
a cloth-wrapped handle of the sword, including the crossguard but no blade;
a pair of curved daggers;

DM, how high is the door? Can the construct go out?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 06-14-2016

It can crawl out, yes, but it's both narrower than its space and lower than its actual height. Actually the whole place outside the vault (including the cellar) is too low, and the collapsed parts of the castle are also low. I wouldn't say it would be easy prey even that way, though...
I will mark those two items on the walls just in case.

(06-14-2016, 07:02 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: It can crawl out, yes, but it's both narrower than its space and lower than its actual height. Actually the whole place outside the vault (including the cellar) is too low, and the collapsed parts of the castle are also low. I wouldn't say it would be easy prey even that way, though...
I will mark those two items on the walls just in case.

Three items (2+1) :-)

double ooc - Once I have played a game where we have had a +4 curved dagger (only one), but I can't remember where we found it and was it a key or only a cursed curved dagger Smile

OOC - Sigil's dagger was +1 and not curved. I can't recall you've ever found a +4 one. What makes you think these are +4 ones?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 06-14-2016

I was think the construct's member is the key of hate. We have to cut it off and wear it around our necks as trophies Smile

Lugar would look funny with a giant's "member" weighing a hundred pounds or so dangling all along his chest... of course depending on which end up. Seriously though even if that stuff exists it is protected by an insane amount of plating...

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 06-14-2016

True, but dwarves aren't bothered by weight Wink it's not about dignity, it's about pride Big Grin It would make for a good heavy mace too!

(06-14-2016, 12:32 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC - Sigil's dagger was +1 and not curved. I can't recall you've ever found a +4 one. What makes you think these are +4 ones?

Then I think Sigil's dagger was another one. :-) I don't think theas are +4 ones too but that one was +4 and curved and you was the DM. You can ask Sir he must remember. I played a wizard.

Maybe you played this very same adventure? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

(06-14-2016, 05:48 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Maybe you played this very same adventure? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

Maybe with some omissions. You know there was few gates, black dragon, oraculum, etc., and of course a curved dagger Smile