RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 06-05-2016

ooc - We can try to dispel the magic trap and then touch the puzzle or we can use prot from elements. We can try to use the knock wand to disable it or mage hand, unseen servant, summon monster, etc to touch it. Or we can say the password (friend) and enter. Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 06-05-2016

Remember when I asked what you'd like Maul to pray for? Wink

For the wand you need the command word.

Mage hand, unseen servant cast by whom?

Something's not in place and if you find it the puzzle will be easy meat.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

(06-05-2016, 03:40 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Remember when I asked what you'd like Maul to pray for? Wink

What we answered? SG and I can't remember. WB, PfE and DM?

(06-05-2016, 03:40 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: For the wand you need the command word.

Mage hand, unseen servant cast by whom?

By spellcasters. Smile

(06-05-2016, 03:40 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Something's not in place and if you find it the puzzle will be easy meat.

This castle is not in itsplace Smile And we are not in a right place Smile

There was a missing key in keystore, else?
We need a dictionary from library to translate runes? :-)

Have we finished with all sarcophagi or we was disturbed before?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 06-05-2016

1. Don't think you answered anything.

2. None of the party spellcasters.

3. It's nothing that the characters missed. Nothing that's not in the posts. Just look harder :-)

(06-05-2016, 06:45 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: 1. Don't think you answered anything.

2. None of the party spellcasters.

3. It's nothing that the characters missed. Nothing that's not in the posts. Just look harder :-)

1. Hm. Have you asked? Are you sure? Smile
But he has a comp.langs spell, hasn't he? Smile

2. So we have to find a real spellcaster outside

3. More PC's? Wink
I thought reliefs are not in their place. We should turn them. But now you mix things up Smile

4. We have a useless spellcaster without spells. Why is he here, what is his role? Should be a reason. (Ok-ok he can repair weapons that's all?)
What kind of wand(s) he has?

"Murkatos offers his protection from energy that would last roughly an hour but he can't muster more than four castings of that spell so if everyone is protected against electricity then there won't be chance to protect against anything else. "

So why we not use it?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 06-05-2016

I feel all over the place to be honest. Lugar wants to be cautious about the trapped iron door. It's the most destructive trap encountered so far, and he reasons that those items Murkatos spoke of are behind it. In this case though he is on guard after searching the tombs with the possibility of another undead creature lurking about. Killing the Giants and possibly getting aid from whomever seems like a solid plan. The only down side is we risk Merri being lost. Hence his uncertainty. With a 5 cha he's no leader?

The runes: nmum
Change to: nmuw
Does that make sense? Of course, without a translation we could be signing our own death sentences by messing with it.

"You don't bring your spellbook along to a one day trip that doesn't sound dangerous in the first place, do you."
Here he said one day trip.

" OOC: they are all in the same position as on the picture. Lugar was hit before he managed to turn either of them.
OOC - No. I rolled him a natural 1 which means he touched them in a very unfortunate way."
So we have a chance if you roll 20 Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 06-05-2016

He's the guy you least suspect right! Secretly, after the tombs, that's why Lugar won't put anybody to his back if he can avoid it. Lugar is rogue and he'll play smart if he knows what tools are available, but he doesn't know what the wand can do, even Murkatos is scared of it and he's a wizard! So I'm leaving it to the spell casters to say, hey dude I can do this for you, which Maul already did. In my post above though, Lugar is acting more cautiously now... If only we had an ROUS to help us through the Fire Swamp...

(06-05-2016, 07:12 PM)Lugar Wrote: I feel all over the place to be honest. Lugar wants to be cautious about the trapped iron door. It's the most destructive trap encountered so far, and he reasons that those items Murkatos spoke of are behind it. In this case though he is on guard after searching the tombs with the possibility of another undead creature lurking about. Killing the Giants and possibly getting aid from whomever seems like a solid plan. The only down side is we risk Merri being lost. Hence his uncertainty. With a 5 cha he's no leader?

The runes: nmum
Change to: nmuw
Does that make sense? Of course, without a translation we could be signing our own death sentences by messing with it.

mum? mummy? Smile