RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 05-17-2016

Not only an accessory but it uses the "once per encounter" feature that's halfway towards D&D 4. Definitely not something that would happen in this game Smile We'd convert to PF sooner than that. (and even that won't happen Wink )

Nimble Stand sounds more realistic than Kip Up indeed, with its requirements, but BoYF is overdoing things by making it an immediate action. Swift, maybe. But immediate? Come on...

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 05-17-2016

How are you handling costly material components?  For example, lets say Boo fails one of his Fort saves but Toot meets Torin, who can cast Restoration.  Unfortunately Restoration has a Material Component of Diamond dust worth 100 gp that is sprinkled over the target.  In a regular campaign the group could hit a city where we could collect these components.  But since we are generally going to be in the underdark most of the time, will we have to go diamond mining?  In the case of Restoration that will be difficult since the drained level is restored only if the time since the creature lost the level is equal to or less than one day per caster level.  For Torin that would be 7 days of hoping we happen to stumble upon a diamond deposit.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 05-17-2016

You have to get them, one way or another. This is one of the incentives not to spend too much time with each of the main quests. Otherwise you could easily fight-rest-fight your way through them. Between the main quests you'll always have the opportunity to refill, gain levels, create magic items etc.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 05-18-2016

Testing my signature...

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 05-24-2016

About taking 20 to search a complex

Taking 20 is one of the reasons why I want to keep the game relatively fast-paced in-game terms. If you use it all the time then skills lose their cutting edge. It does have its place when there's a reason to search and it does have its risk (like, triggering traps *cough*) but still, consider a 5x5 foot area needing 1 round to search; 2 minutes to take 20. A 20x30 room (approximate size of guard room and library) with 10' high walls features 44 such squares; 68 if you include the ceiling. That's over two hours. Even the bedrooms are 20x20 feet, meaning 32 squares (48 with ceiling). Having five such rooms, go figure.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 05-26-2016

(05-26-2016, 06:43 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC - not explicitly written above but I assume that meanwhile you three got inside Kiera's hut.
The hut is a clever design of natural growth, supported by tree trunks and saplings, and interwoven with leafy undergrowth and bushes. The limerock bed is covered with natural moss and the stout table is made of some enormous mushroom. There's a kind of hanger next to the door, holding three cloaks for various weather conditions (hot; cold; wet). There are two shortspears; a wooden shield; and a composite shortbow with a quiver of arrows next to the cloak hanger. The numerous arrows feature black and white feathers. The rest of the equipment seems to be randomly scattered along the walls.

Kiera nods, taking a brooch from a pocket-like protrusion of a tree trunk that serves as part of the hut's wall.

"This brooch has the power to lift such ailment three times. I will use one of them since you were attacked by an evil spirit. I will even give you the brooch if you promise to get to the root of this evil. Even if you invoke its power three times it continues to provide protection against the negative energy attacks. The catch is that we don't have too much time. Taela said their plan is to 'steal the white sun' and there will be a white eclipse tomorrow. These spirits are impaired by daylight and if I got Taela's cryptic words correctly their master plan is to freeze time in the solar eclipse so that they can roam the open world freely. So you just take a healthy rest and off you go. I can help you get inside the caves but then you are on your own."

Kiera gives Toot some time to consider his answer. Meanwhile, she clasps the brooch on her cloak; kneels next to Boo, touching his mane and whispers, "A'miri!". A pale aura of light surrounds the druid and the bear, and a shiny beam jets up towards the night sky, but stopped by the leafy roof of the hut. Toot can tell immediately that Boo got better.

Nice imagery.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 05-26-2016

Um... thanks, I suppose. Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 05-27-2016

Flying to the other end of the world throughout the weekend (if I flew further I'd be flying backwards...).
Will post Monday earliest but more likely Wednesday night.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 05-27-2016

(05-27-2016, 10:39 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Murkatos sighs.
"I came in through the main gate, okay? It's just the tunnels around have changed, and that swirling cylinder of light you showed me as your point of arrival wasn't there."

"This makes sense. The cylinder was probably created by the Chant of Ages and we cannot eliminate the possibility that it altered this reality in such a way that Murkatos was sucked in from his home world." Maul says, scratching his bald head to get rid of the itch caused by dust flying all around the place.

Occasional stomps are heard from abovehead but much less than previously. Maybe it's just a single creature this time.

Ooc - By my understanding Maul and Murkatos are suggesting that the caves surrounding the mansion were brought/altered here by the light we used to get here, either this realm is very easily morphed by magic or there's some other force we don't know about that caused this... Oh no, this isn't Ravenloft is it?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 05-27-2016

(05-27-2016, 06:09 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Flying to the other end of the world throughout the weekend (if I flew further I'd be flying backwards...).
Will post Monday earliest but more likely Wednesday night.

Hope that means Hawaii! Safe trip!