RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 10-02-2018

Well Toot has a 50% chance to fail so that might as well be 100%.  If Toot passes his will save he will likely shit his pants anyways.

I'm at work.  Will roll when I get home

Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 10-02-2018

Let me guess... the difference this save makes for Toot is whether they shit their pants as usual or shit their pants with a -2 penalty.

And yes, I think shaken is a role-playing kind of fear effect, having severe numeric consequences, but does not oblige you to flee or something. Even less the contrary when you save. Actually I'm not even sure if it's a fear effect, e.g. when concerning aura of courage or halfling saves. It just feels right that it is. Btw, do companions like Boo receive something against fear? I guess they have something like that, recalling the encounter with the spectre. As far as we consider dragons less "unnatural" than spectres.

Off - lol Swype doesn't recognise sit... shut... shot... sut....

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 10-02-2018

Out of curiosity, where's the faq or whatever stating that stuff doesn't stack with itself? (Except instantaneous like damage (hp/ability) or healing)

Reason I'm asking is that frightful presence stacking with itself would be badass. Not that dragons should not be awesome, I could completely love that aspect. A full attack is six consecutive attacks, you make up to three saves (at +0, -2, -4), and if you fail all three you are panicked. But isn't this a bit too much, even for the awesom-est-est of all critters?

(10-02-2018, 02:31 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Let me guess...  the difference this save makes for Toot is whether they shit their pants as usual or shit their pants with a -2 penalty.

And yes, I think shaken is a role-playing kind of fear effect, having severe numeric consequences, but does not oblige you to flee or something. Even less the contrary when you save. Actually I'm not even sure if it's a fear effect, e.g. when concerning aura of courage or halfling saves. It just feels right that it is. Btw, do companions like Boo receive something against fear? I guess they have something like that, recalling the encounter with the spectre. As far as we consider dragons less "unnatural" than spectres.

Off - lol Swype doesn't recognise sit... shut... shot... sut....

Apparently Frightful Presence and Shaken are both Fear Effects.  See >> HERE <<

Animal Companions have an ability called, Devotion (Ex): An animal companion gains a +4 morale bonus on Will saves against enchantment spells and effects.  So I don't think they get any bonuses.  

Specters have a special ability that makes them automatically unsettling to normal animals because of their nature.  Dragons do not.  I do remember finding information in Pathfinder where Animal could be forced to resist by making a DC25 Handle Animal or Animal Empathy check, but you said, no.

Toot takes what the fey said very seriously.  They said we wouldn't stand a chance against the Dragon so he doesn't plan to fight him.

(10-02-2018, 02:57 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Out of curiosity, where's the faq or whatever stating that stuff doesn't stack with itself? (Except instantaneous like damage (hp/ability) or healing)

Reason I'm asking is that frightful presence stacking with itself would be badass. Not that dragons should not be awesome, I could completely love that aspect. A full attack is six consecutive attacks, you make up to three saves (at +0, -2, -4), and if you fail all three you are panicked. But isn't this a bit too much, even for the awesom-est-est of all critters?

Fear effects DO stack with each other.  See the link I provided in my last post.   But it also says that if the creature makes its save they become immune to that dragon's Frightful Presence for 24hours.  I'm not sure if immune means all penalties disappear or if it means no further stacking can occur for 24hours.

There are some bonuses/penalties that do stack with each other.  See >> HERE <<

Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 10-03-2018

Different stuff yes.
Same stuff from different source yes but interpretation of "source" varies.
Same stuff from same source, though? I believe there's such a statement, raw or faq or simple forum post, but cannot find it. Torin's player knows all this kind of stuff, usually... But until the contrary is proven, I'll assume no badass mode.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 10-16-2018

~~HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DM SURRANO!!!!~~

Big Grin

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 10-16-2018

Oops. Seems I failed my Stealth check. Maybe due to the age modifier?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 10-17-2018

A thousand apologies for my slow posting. Work has been kicking my buttocks. I got home from work and slept 11 hours yesterday, much to the chagrin of my wife and kids.

Oh and Isten éltessen sokáig! Big Grin

Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 10-25-2018

Timeline went a bit crazy. I'll wrap up to present hopefully in 24h