RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 09-23-2018

Actually that sounds like a pretty good idea.  I've been planning to have Toot just buy a Circlet of Persuasion or add the powers of the circlet to his Helm of Comprehend Languages and Read Magic.  But if we made a conch with the powers of a Circlet of Persuasion it could give a +3 on all charisma based skill checks.  If we were to limit it to just Bluff and Diplomacy we could even make it at a discount.  Which may be a good idea because a Conch of Persuasion would cost more because we are changing the form of the item from a circlet.  I was thinking about Toot taking Craft Wondrous Item but the Druid's spell list is so crappy that it's one of the few classes that doesn't get Eagles Splendor.  Dodgy   But Toot could create it with the help of someone who can cast it like one of the wizards.

Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 09-23-2018

Well, you do have your resident court wizards in case it matters...

And yes, doing its best is the best it can do Smile

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

Quote:Actually I just noticed I have a second resist Energy spell memorized.  Would Lugar want a Resist Energy or a Protection from Energy?  Toot would be willing to extend the Resist energy but probably not the Protection from Energy.  The reason is the Protection spell only protects from 96 damage before being dispelled while the Resist Energy will keep absorbing 20pts per attack for its entire duration.

Quote:Yes Lugar would want protection very much! And also some healing, unless I missed something along the way?

Great!!!  Now which spell does he want??  Big Grin

I'm at work right now and the computer is painfully slow.  When I get home I will figure out the rolls for healing.  Torin should be involved in the healing too since clerics are obviously better at it than doodids.  Sad

I checked around and it appears that the dragon thingy that we fought outside the portal to this area hit Lugar for 18pts of damage.  Lugar is currently 18hp's off from max so I assume that this is why he is injured.  I don't remember anyone doing any healing since after the Mantis attack so I guess he's still hurt.

Torin has two Wands of Lesser Vigor which will return 1hp per round for 11 rounds.  So it makes the most sense for him to use his wand twice.  Over the 12 rounds, Lugar will be fully healed.  If Torin doesn't wish to use two charges, he can use one and then I can use one from my CLW wand but chances are I won't roll high enough to get Lugar to full hit points. 

BTW, remind me to buy an extended Wand of Lesser Vigor!!!!  Even at 1st level the wand can heal a whopping 22hp's!!  It will take 22 rounds but if you have the time you can't beat it!

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 09-24-2018

An extended lesser vigor counts as a 2nd level spell with min CL = 3 so a wand costs 750 x 2 x 3 = 4500gp or 90gp per charge.
Six charges from a CLW wand cost the same as one charge here and 6d8+6 usually beats 22 by 50% Smile It's also no more than six rounds (2 rounds with 3 divine casters around). True enough, it's six standard actions. Four charges to heal 22hp on average = 60gp, and you can stop whenever you feel fit.
Best combo may be two CLW wands and a lesser vigor wand -- costs 45gp per application and have an average of 22hp as well.
Absolute budget, though, is still simply using two charges of lesser vigor in tandem. If you have the time.

Decisions, decisions...

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 09-26-2018

(09-23-2018, 11:34 AM)Toot Wrote:
Quote:Actually I just noticed I have a second resist Energy spell memorized.  Would Lugar want a Resist Energy or a Protection from Energy?  Toot would be willing to extend the Resist energy but probably not the Protection from Energy.  The reason is the Protection spell only protects from 96 damage before being dispelled while the Resist Energy will keep absorbing 20pts per attack for its entire duration.

Quote:Yes Lugar would want protection very much! And also some healing, unless I missed something along the way?

I'm at work right now and the computer is painfully slow.  When I get home I will figure out the rolls for healing.  Torin should be involved in the healing too since clerics are obviously better at it than doodids.  Sad

Protection from Energy would be most graciously appreciated oh wee wise weasel Lugar genuflects to Toot. Big Grin

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 09-26-2018

(09-26-2018, 01:19 AM)Lugar Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 11:34 AM)Toot Wrote:

Protection from Energy would be most graciously appreciated oh wee wise weasel Lugar genuflects to Toot. Big Grin

You're lucky Lugar reminds Toot of his Moo-Moo.   Tongue

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 10-02-2018

About frightful presence-- I'm thinking about Merri's familiar, how many hit dice does it (he? she?) have? are (air) elementals affected?

According to familiars:
For the purpose of effects related to number of Hit Dice, use the master’s character level or the familiar’s normal HD total, whichever is higher.
So counts as HD 8 (note: character level, not caster level or class level). So it's (he's/she's? can't remember) shaken and not panicked if fails to save...

Anyone else having familiars or similar, roll will saves for them as well.. (Boo for example)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 10-02-2018

You know what they say, it's better to fail a fear save and run away, then be the only one who succeeds (and is stuck facing the dragon all by themselves.) 

So Toot is hoping for a failed fear save!!  Big Grin  

And before you say, you're only shaken on the fear save, you can react the way you want to the Fear Save and Toot can react the way he wants to the Fear Save!  Tongue

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 10-02-2018

Me and will saves never got along well together...