RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 02-29-2016

(02-29-2016, 06:52 PM)Lugar Wrote: I didn't get the PM

@Lugar that's because you have PM disabled. You have email enabled though so please check your mailbox used to register Lugar. If you haven't received the mail just enable PM and I'll resend as a PM.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 03-04-2016

About tight tunnels.

Just like an ordinary human can crawl in tunnels no more than two feet wide with little difficulty, large creatures can probably pass a five-feet tunnel but it's inconvenient and means a significant disadvantage in battle. I can quote relevant parts from the 3.5 version of Underdark rule book if interested.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 03-07-2016

(03-05-2016, 07:25 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: The dust and gravel don't reveal anything invisible hanging from the hook.

(...)

"There were no swamp monsters when I came in."

is (...) a warning for something?

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 03-07-2016

No. It's just a break in continuity. Your post encompasses both inspecting the hook and questioning the armorer but the two don't add up so tightly following one another looked ugly.

Yeah we were going all over the place. lol, too many ideas.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 03-07-2016

We have "hand of the mage" and a "wand of knock". Is it impossible to use these items with help of Murkatos? Giant doesn't know about them, but a wizard should to identify them or has a presumption.

Lugar slaps his face, duh!

This makes a simple but good opportunity for Murkatos to show off a bit, ehh? Unless he is purposely trying to sabotage us!!!

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 03-08-2016

Well first you have to search Merri, I mean IC terms. Did anyone ever mention that their characters shuffle through her handy haversack? Because nobody has ever seen her using that wand so its existence is OOC info at the moment. Also, figuring out the command words for magic items is not automatic. Merri was too clever to simply engrave them on her wands.

Otherwise, these are really neat ideas and I do appreciate them. Eventually you overcome a trap so you deserve the XP for the appropriate CR Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 03-08-2016

Lugar brought up the idea IC before they got to the tunnel of light, this post was meant to actually carry it out but I can see now how my wording wasn't specific. When Murkatos took the sword I thought that was your way of saying we did. Lugar is too uncharismatic I think to figure out how to use the magic items, but the Mage hand is made of metal or gold so he would find that item particularly enticing on its own.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 03-08-2016

(02-27-2016, 05:31 AM)Lugar Wrote: Lugar carries on seemingly oblivious that he insulted Murkatos. Not only is Lugar ugly but also socially inept. At the portal he proposes to leave Merri's body, hand her sword over to Murkatos, and search her possessions for anything useful to the party.

Along the way Lugar wonders aloud why humans would build such a poor house underground? Dwarves would have built the walls thicker and arched the ceiling steeper to spread the load. Did they carve out these tunnels or are they natural?

When they reach the stale water at the other end of the tunnel Lugar will wade in to dip his head under the surface, to get a good look at what's below and where it leads. Can Lugar sense if the water at this tunnel is at the same depth as the water under the manor?