RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 06-22-2018

Mix of dragon type + ooze type + construct type, interesting thing Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 06-23-2018

(06-22-2018, 08:41 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: Mix of dragon type + ooze type + construct type, interesting thing Smile

Must be worth a  lot of xp!! Rare creature points! Smile

Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 06-24-2018

Close, but no sugar... punks! Smile

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 06-28-2018

IC - dm has just lost a level of experience! O:-)

About blink -- you have a point there, I will crosscheck but iirc this stuff extends to ethereal in which case blink won't help. Otherwise, you could move 1/4 (5ft as a move or 10ft as double move) since yuki could only move while ethereal which is half the time and then again half the speed. Good news is that non-ethereal non-living obstacles don't make the ethereal dimension a difficult terrain (but those with ethereal projection may)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 06-29-2018

(06-28-2018, 07:52 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: IC - dm has just lost a level of experience! O:-)

Lol - the monsters reduced in size from Large to medium Smile

Would you rather fight a monster with higher strength and lower AC or lower strength and higher AC?

Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 06-30-2018

Nice question, this creature is definitely of high strength. but we could turn this around. Do you prefer dodgy glass cannons or punishment-enduring tanks as a player? For whatever reason I usually end up with something of high dex.

Concerning blink, you were right, you could use it to escape. So feel free to move five feet in whatever direction, and you are no longer entangled. I will post IC around Monday.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Toot - 07-02-2018

Does anyone know what kind of construct this is?  Is it a golem (Clay or Stone or something?)

Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 07-02-2018

This is IC info, Shanna (or whoever rolls an Arcana check) will tell you all she knows if you ask. (Don't hold your breath, though, her check was quite high but not crazy high...)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 07-02-2018

(07-02-2018, 03:49 AM)Toot Wrote: [Sorry I haven't been around.  Same old RL crap just kept piling up.]

[I see I missed my turn so I will wait until my next turn.]

(06-26-2018, 05:58 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC - applying 48h rule...

Toot stays hidden, too frightened of the unnatural creature to show up.
Boo understands and stays alert, ready to protect his tiny master should need arise.

DM, I think in such situation better to use delay instead of miss the turn. What do you think?

Don't  you use same rules here like in TBK if there is only one encounter? Flexible order instead of strict order in turn.

Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 07-02-2018

Yes, flexible order but it means that everyone missing the 48h mark have missed a turn. DM being an exception of course :-) for which I apologise.

RL sometimes rules (as opposed to: sucks) and after having waited ten months for various craftsmen (masons, carpenters, etc.) I finally made a new floor for our attic (*applause*). Next up: bookshelves! (*hold breath*)

Now, a bit about this battle. I have just re-read my feedback on Giant's crit and indeed it's ambiguous. The intended message was that there was no crit and that the inside of the creature is all the same as the outside. But it wad definitely much more than a scratch! Like, the detonating shot splitting the upper half of T1000, without the self repair part. It can still lumber around, rule-wise unhindered, and the structural damage would've killed any living creature instantly. But not a construct.

Another thing about what this baddy is made of... Those familiar with minerals, metals, and living material can definitely tell it is... (dc15)
... no stone, clay, metal, wood, flesh, or calzone*. For that matter, it's pretty much unlike any known material.

* yes there is an official adventure where...
.. the party encounters a hot-calzone-sauce-filled-pasta-golem.