RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 06-09-2017

Yes, I'm also interested about what you have in mind, Giant. This is exactly the kind of cooperation that we need for this game: players throwing together all their IC/OOC/RL knowledge and deciding which character could make use of the conclusion IC. I profess that this is the only way to roleplay anyone with 18+ Int. Or anytwo, in our case. Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Shanna Rendin - 06-09-2017

There is no point, and it's fairly hypocritical in fact, in having such vast knowledge about certain things as Shanna has and not sharing it. That knowledge was shared with her as she learned and read books and tomes and such. So unless I was planning to play her as an obnoxious arrogant ass (I've played with their kind many a time Sad ), this is how she was going to act.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 06-09-2017

I'm afraid you get it wrong, Shanna's *Player* Smile
I don't mean that Shanna the *character* wouldn't share her vast knowledge. More like, the players haven't ever thought of that option and therefore I didn't make a lore check for Shanna (or for Portho, for that matter).

What I mean is that
Ad 1) while Shanna has 19 Int (and I think Merri has even more) our (players + DM) Int combined is probably barely sufficient to hit that mark.
Ad 2) while you as a player may not think about an option other players may, and it's a fair call, like, the dumb fighter's player saying, "I think it is a satyr and the party druid may recognise him." and then I can make a roll; not for the dumb fighter, but for the party druid.
Of course we are talking about high DCs here; the satyr was just a lame example.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Merrinna Starsong - 06-10-2017

Merri is a magically enhanced super genius, while I on the other hand am merely run of the  mill genius.   Angel

So there being myriad ways of dominating or just affecting minds in general, it's not much of a jumping off point.  I'm not sure if the sta-  err... wand is a macguffin or not, but it feels plausible.  Anyone got an ID spell handy? One of these days I am going to buy a wand of ID.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 06-10-2017

(06-09-2017, 07:05 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Yes, I'm also interested about what you have in mind, Giant. This is exactly the kind of cooperation that we need for this game: players throwing together all their IC/OOC/RL knowledge and deciding which character could make use of the conclusion IC. I profess that this is the only way to roleplay anyone with 18+ Int. Or anytwo, in our case. Smile

I have played once an Aasimar cleric when quest of the party was to find each orb.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:The_Orbs_of_Dragonkind

The bearer of an Orb can dominate dragons of its particular variety within 500 feet (as dominate monster),

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 06-10-2017

Oh, so you mean "those" orbs. (*pretending innocence*)
In that case our resident arcanists have probably heard about them.
Roll Arcana + History; a single result of 30 or combined result of 40 means your character has heard about them *and* it pops into your character's mind.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Torin - 06-10-2017

Yeah that was a very long game. We jumped in with our 5th level chars (just one player remained, he started with a 1st lvl char) and stopped but not finished the story on 11th lvl.
Technically our artifacts were different, but we could used them to summon and control dragons.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Torin - 06-10-2017

I know two spells from core:
Heroism, Greater: brd5, wiz6
Heroes’ Feast: brd6, clr6

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Shanna Rendin - 06-11-2017

(06-10-2017, 07:26 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Oh, so you mean "those" orbs. (*pretending innocence*)
In that case our resident arcanists have probably heard about them.
Roll Arcana + History; a single result of 30 or combined result of 40 means your character has heard about them *and* it pops into your character's mind.

Ok, but even if I haven't thought of something like that, Shanna still might have.  Just because I don't think of something doesn't mean she has not or will not.

EDIT: also, Shanna does not have access to Lore just yet. Soon though.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 06-11-2017

about spells; there's protection and there's immunity. Yes, bonus to saves is kind of protection, and let's not forget Inspire Courage.
Lore; that was just a figure of speech; actually I had bardic knowledge in mind when writing that word.
about characters thinking of it and players not; if only the DM thought about it Smile I mean, of course I know about orbs of dragonkind but it never occurred to me that you, or Mistletoe for that matter, would've thought about it as a possibility. But now that it came to focus, I made a History roll for Shanna, added her previous Arcana roll of 25, and voilá, a grand total of 41 means that it actually pops into your mind.

Concerning the wand; you are free to cast detect magic but if you meant you ask Mistletoe whether you are allowed to cast a spell here and now I will answer that IC but probably on Monday only.