RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 12-16-2015

yep. Those were more pieces of broken (but otherwise masterwork) equipment.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 12-20-2015

@Torin I edited your character sheet on MW-- changed spellcraft's +2 misc to "2sy". It is still treated as 2 by the script on the page but gives a hint about the source of the modifier.
@Everyone please do the same if you haven't done so yet. Like: hide for small characters, synergy, item, feat, racial or class bonuses.
- cl: class feature
- ra: racial
- si: size
- sy: synergy
Also please add a star if the modifier is conditional (e.g. UMD give synergy for spellcraft with regards to scrolls only: it should read "2sy*")
For multiple bonuses use the total for the sake of the parser then describe the details in one of two ways, e.g. small characters with skill focus on hide:
- 7si+fe
- 7=4si+3fe
Thanks.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Portho Nihilbuck - 12-24-2015

(12-20-2015, 09:36 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: @Torin I edited your character sheet on MW-- changed spellcraft's +2 misc to "2sy". It is still treated as 2 by the script on the page but gives a hint about the source of the modifier.
@Everyone please do the same if you haven't done so yet. Like: hide for small characters, synergy, item, feat, racial or class bonuses.
- cl: class feature
- ra: racial
- si: size
- sy: synergy
Also please add a star if the modifier is conditional (e.g. UMD give synergy for spellcraft with regards to scrolls only: it should read "2sy*")
For multiple bonuses use the total for the sake of the parser then describe the details in one of two ways, e.g. small characters with skill focus on hide:
- 7si+fe
- 7=4si+3fe
Thanks.

oooo Neat I didn't know this trick thanks   I have a LOT of character sheest to edit now

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 01-13-2016

Sorry for my extended hiatus. I managed to squeeze some juice out of my spare equipment and if stuff goes well I'll be fully operational with the replaced ones within 24h.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 01-13-2016

@Lugar about salt's weight and skull's volume; salt is 2.17g/cm3 and a skull is easily 6 litres (based on brain of homo sapiens which is 1400cm3)
This means the salt block you desire is 12lbs. Basically it's the whole thing. I have no problem with that if it fits into his carrying capacity.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Silent Giant - 01-13-2016

Welcome back Smile

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - Lugar - 01-14-2016

I second that!

RE: SOLO - Torin's adventure - Torin - 01-25-2016

There is no kind of rules, which say you lost your spells, because you are attacking someone. If you take damage you must take a concentration skill check, to maintain you ongoing spells.
But you doesn't said that Torin must take this check.

Concentration skill

Torin's concentration skill is 10 so DC under 12 is doesn't effect him.

RE: Return to the Rusty Rat - DM Surranó - 01-25-2016

(moved to OOC thread)

True but it's not about someone distracting you; it's about a deliberate action on your behalf.

Spell duration "concentration"
Quote:Concentrating to maintain a spell is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

When you made your first standard action other than concentrating on Dispel Magic (i.e. cast Spiritual weapon) you deliberately opted for releasing the spell you concentrated upon.

Regardless, it's a pretty good assumption that by exploring this small area without rushing headlong into any troubles took seven minutes, thus the spell wore off anyway. From this perspective this discussion is better conducted now than in a tighter situation where player characters or their wealth can be seriously affected by aborted concentration.

Considering two-handed weapons in the cellar - DM Surranó - 01-26-2016

A greatsword is a loooong one but a double axe isn't too long  if you wield it as a double weapon (using both ends, grabbing the middle of the shaft) and not as a two-handed one (using one end only, grabbing near the other end).

Technically it's more like fluff in the cellar description but if there's something which cries out for hitting from abovehead then it will be awkward, implying tight space penalty (squeezing would be -4 so I'd say -2 here; will have to look up Underdark spelunking guidelines once I get home).