RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Marvel Super Hero's OoC Thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Super Hero Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Marvel Super Heroes (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Forum: Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Thread: Marvel Super Hero's OoC Thread (/showthread.php?tid=71)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Marvel Super Hero's OoC Thread - Static Charge - 07-28-2015

(07-28-2015, 02:14 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: Those are house rules from another GM.  The books say Amazing land speed is 120mph.  I will take a look at those since I do like to use house rules from elsewhere and I've always thought that land speeds were slow.

Please provide a link to the table.

Benchmark Table

Here it is Smile

RE: Marvel Super Hero's OoC Thread - GM Marvel - 07-28-2015

Wow, that's quite a change!  I've always thought that the difference between the land movement and air movement was a little too much.  I mean, a Good true flight and an Amazing Hyper-running being equal is a little stupid.  What's the point of taking running when flight is sooo superior?  

Even though I don't agree with every house rule he offers on the site, he has done a lot of good work.  So I might accept his Speed changes to make Hyper-Running more viable when compared to True Flight.

RE: Marvel Super Hero's OoC Thread - Static Charge - 07-28-2015

Yeah, I thought you would like that. Now I don't know how to make my character with points, now that things have changed greatly. I have not been following your process to making Jack's abilities, powers etc.

I did it for you. Pretty much everything is what you wrote. Except resources are FE 1, no martial arts b, and a limitation of Gd intensity hyper-running feat to turn corners and high speed manuver.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I was wondering what you guys think of the point buy system?

Even though I had to make a few adjustments to the original article (for high stats, bonus powers, languages, and Origin) I think it's working out very well. It seems to balance the characters with each other and so far the point buy system has been able to accommodate everyone with no one taking a big hit in stats or powers. In fact, most have seen a slight increase to their abilities.

RE: Marvel Super Hero's OoC Thread - Aurum - 07-28-2015

Seems spiffy.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

(07-28-2015, 04:53 AM)Static Charge Wrote: Yeah, I thought you would like that.  

I think I will use their Benchmark tables on the site for speed.  

Movement in Marvel is very complicated.  I'm still reading up on how fast people start out running and flying.  It seems Flying depends upon the player's endurance.

Feeble Endurance = 1 area/round movement and/or acceleration
Poor to Excellent = 2 areas/ round movement and/or acceleration
Remarkable and above =  3 areas/round and/or acceleration

When running (so far that I've read), there doesn't seem to be that limit.  Runners seem to be able to achieve max speed in the first round.  But unlike flyers they have to deal with ground obstructions.  Runners also seem to be able to open doors without slowing down; while flyers have a choice of either stopping or going through the door.  

I will take more time to look at movement rules and then try to simplify them for game play cuz they are con-fu-sing!  :s

I'm not exactly sure what to do with the Karma everyone gained before PH was axed. With the Character Point system I think most people came out a little more powerful. There may be a couple characters that stayed pretty much the same but they were most likely a little over powered compared to the rest of the people anyways.

So I think the new players will start with their starting Karma. The old players will start out with their starting karma plus 150, so you can add 100 to the team karma if you want and have a little left over. And the NPC's will start at their karma plus 100 so they contribute to the team Karma too, if needed.

Does that sound fair?

RE: Marvel Super Hero's OoC Thread - Interface - 07-28-2015

Ummm... I can't find the Avatar I was using for Interface. Sad I've tried googling it and so far I've had no luck. I know it's a long shot but if someone happened to have saved the pic I would be forever grateful. If I can't find it then he really will need a new Avatar. I do have the other pics of him that I can use for now though.

RE: Marvel Super Hero's OoC Thread - GM Marvel - 07-31-2015

Does anyone remember who they were bunking with? I remembered a few. I tried to put the players with other players so they had someone to Role play with.

So I'm wondering if Brittany and Gedeon roommates? If no one knows, I will be putting them together.