RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Marvel Super Hero's OoC Thread - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Super Hero Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Marvel Super Heroes (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Forum: Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Thread: Marvel Super Hero's OoC Thread (/showthread.php?tid=71)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Marvel Super Hero's OoC Thread - GM Marvel - 08-09-2016

I'm sorry for another disappearance.  Another family member passed away.  Unless something else happens, I will be posting tomorrow.

RE: Marvel Super Hero's OoC Thread - Johnny Blair - 08-16-2016

SadSad Feel like my turn was skipped unnecessarily.

RE: Marvel Super Hero's OoC Thread - GM Marvel - 08-16-2016

Your action wasn't skipped.  In fact I mentioned you in the very first sentence in my post.  But your action was to target Jack which you couldn't complete because he vanished.  So I said you were mind chatting with Aurum.  If anyone is "skipped" because events change before your turn you are more than welcome to amend those actions.  At the time I think I thought since Jack vanished and you didn't know where he went or if he was even still in the area that your most likely action was to continue speaking to Aurum. But I should have mentioned you could do something else if you wished.  My apologies.

Well, Johnny can still fly. He might have, say, swooped in, said "Lisa, right? You're kind in a lot of danger. Lemme help out", Then flew her up to the roof, at least. Out of range of Jack that way. I dunno. something like that.

Or he could have used Fear on Lisa's dad to get him to run away.

Well you would first have to find a way into her locked home to get to her.  Even if you found a way in you would have to deal with her mutant hating, gun toting father.  Also you don't know Jack is in there too so you would likely be struck with a gazillion watts of electricity before getting within 5' of her.

Re Fear on lisa's dad:  it's possible but currently no one could be spotted from the window to be targeted.  But you could fly down to get a better peeking inside.  But why would you do that when her father isn't posing any threat to her?  Right now he is just trying to protect her from Jack and a bunch of mutant strangers on his lawn.

True, but from Johnny's perspective, there's a lot of unknowns. He "knows" that Lisa's father likely provoked this incident by hitting her for liking a mutant. Whether or not this is true, this is his perspective. So Johnny doesn't really *know* that Lisa's father is not a threat to her.

All Johnny really knows is what Aurum told him.  Even she admitted that she isn't sure if Lisa's father really did hit her.  Only that Jack said he did but Jack is known for leaping to conclusions.  Jack is also the person here that seems to be acting a little cray-cray.  He is also throwing around lightning bolts.  Imagine what the neighbors are going to think?   Tongue  Interface better start pinging cell phones to see if anyone is video taping what's going on.

You could also help with the father and son next door who are confronting Porsche, Blink and the camouflaged Aurum and Interface.

Good point. Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Though the father might go nutty at suddenly seeing an "angel". Wink

Wondering if I can take his turn now since I missed his last one.

Quote:[OoC did you forget the half blinding fog that fills the alley between us and the chubby kid? or the subtly manacing statement of the heat enshrouded Porsche towards the trash can wielder and his dad to get inside and hide?]

From what I can tell, you didn't say you were filling the alley with fog/steam.  You said you would allow your heat sheath to flare up blurring 'her' features (as pointed out in your quoted post below).  Also, I allow a little leeway with the use of powers like when I let you create normal ice and a little steam from the rain to slightly block your features because it's what naturally would happen when you heat or cool things.  But creating half-blinding fog would be more of a power stunt.  You also said you did this with your energy sheath which I don't think would be possible to do but I was willing to allow you some leeway when I thought you were using it for just blurring your features a little. 

Quote:"Mia madre!"   Sir, go back inside!  Use your back door! There is a very dangerous man out in the street, the policia are on their way, we already called them. Get your family downstairs to safety! We aren't even going to go out in the street, and as you can see, we are sort of dangerous ourselves.

With that she allows her heat sheathe to flare up, completely blurring her features by the intense heat and causing any rain striking her to instantly turn to steam with a steady hiss.

As for the subtly menacing statement, James' player has not been around because he said he was on vacation. I have been hoping James would show up to reply to you.  If he doesn't show up soon then I will reply.  But this is his introduction to the game and to his soon to be team mates and I would rather him handle it than me.