RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 2nd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+---- Forum: Ravenloft (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=106)
+---- Thread: OOC (/showthread.php?tid=553)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 05-15-2020

Oh and remember that if you have a 16 in your prime requisite stats you get a 10% bonus in experience points.

RE: OOC - Alynorae Eilnathna - 05-15-2020

(05-14-2020, 11:42 PM)Alynorae Eilnathna Wrote: Another issue that has come up is my race.  Races got different stat bonuses in the 1e Unearthed Arcana then they did in 2e.  I will have take a look around to see if there's any information about the different sub-races of elves.  If there isn't, her abilities will change and I may just change to a regular cleric which would allow her to become a Specialty Priest.

I found a PDF of all the races in 2e and there is an elven race with similar stat bonuses that my character has so I won't have to lose my 18/65 strength! 

If anyone is interested in looking at the 2e races, they can be found >> HERE <<

RE: OOC - Sumayl al-Akhir - 05-17-2020

2nd edition character sheet done for Sumayl except for his background.. https://1drv.ms/b/s!AjFiKq8nYxnYhLIBKWMPtWg6ys-3RQ

Straight fighter instead of cavalier from 1st ed means he gained a level so he actually isn't much different except he is no longer immune to fear lol

RE: OOC - Alynorae Eilnathna - 05-17-2020

(05-17-2020, 12:39 AM)Sumayl al-Akhir Wrote: he is no longer immune to fear lol

Well that's unfortunate when trying to survive in Ravenloft.

RE: OOC - DM Spiral - 05-27-2020

You could probably modify Paladin to create a Cavalier without much trouble. Playing that old school RPG, Icewind Dale and they have a 2e Cavalier that was modified from Pally in the Enhanced Edition. 

/shrug  Just a thought.  

You guys just picking up the same essential Character creation that MiB had as far as rolling stats?

RE: OOC - Sumayl al-Akhir - 05-27-2020

There is a Cavalier Kit in fighters handbook that is almost a perfect transfer of the 1e Cavalier the Faris kit from Arabian adventures is a better fit for what I was going for with my character concept.. added bonus I don't need to fudge my ability scores to qualify.

Sure I lose some class features, BUT I gain an experience level so that more than balances.

RE: OOC - Sumayl al-Akhir - 05-27-2020

Which means I am good to go.. waiting on you guys now Big Grin

RE: OOC - DM Spiral - 05-29-2020

Got a couple of questions. 

1. Are we going to restart the adventure or we just picking up where you guys left off? 

2. Are we just playing through the module? Or are we continuing after that? I'd like to do a full on campaign, if we live though Ravenloft of course, lol.

3. Do we have or need a rogue? (I can make a second character if needed.)

3. Can I have the below Magical Items?  Most of it is RP stuff.

Magic Item wish-list

Staff of Magical Focus +3 (Magical Staff that gives its bonus to Attack and Damage to his Cantrip or Energy Attacks. Normal Spells are unaffected.)

Ring of Eternity (Stops the Character from aging or being aged magically.  This is mostly for RP flavor.)

Ring of Death's Defiance (Protects against Level Drain.)

Bowl of Nourishment (Refills with Stew, Soup, or Fruit twice per day)

Flask of Nourishment (Refills with Water twice per day.)

Bag of the Outdoors (Small bag the size of a purse. The Contents expand into a hammock with posts, a feather pillow and a winter blanket. The bag itself becomes a tent if needed.)

Potion of Healing (From the List)

Bracers of Defense (AC 5) (From the List, Unless Mardagin is still playing.)

Custom Spell: Would like the custom spell below or something similar of your design. It's essentially just the answer to the current editions cantrips. This would cover what MiB initially wanted to do with Cantrips, but I'm not sure if you wanted to continue with that.  Or if you would rather I can just pick a number of cantrips per 5th edition and go with that. I'm good either way.

Eloric's Energy Bolt 
Range: 5/10/15
Components: V, S, M
Duration: 1 hour/level
Casting Time: 1
Area of Effect: 1 creature
Saving Throw: None

This allows the wizard to charge themselves with magical energy of one of four basic types of energy; fire, ice, force or electrical. They are then able to launch bolts of that energy type at their enemies. This attack is subject to all the normal limitations of firing an object such as an arrow, a bolt, or a bullet at a target. This means, The wizard has to roll an attack check to hit with the energy bolt, as well as it is subject to resistances, cover, range, etc.  A successful energy attack deals 1d6 points of that specific energy types damage. This attack gains +1 to its damage every 5 levels. They can only utilize one energy type at a time. The Wizard may, with 10 minutes of uninterrupted concentration, change the energy type to any of the four listed. However ANY action other than complete silent mediation interrupts this process.

RE: OOC - Eloric Aetherion - 05-30-2020

My Mage is ..preeeety much ready.  Just waiting on item approval.

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 05-30-2020

(05-29-2020, 01:49 AM)DM Spiral Wrote: Got a couple of questions. 

1. Are we going to restart the adventure or we just picking up where you guys left off? 

2. Are we just playing through the module? Or are we continuing after that? I'd like to do a full on campaign, if we live though Ravenloft of course, lol.

3. Do we have or need a rogue? (I can make a second character if needed.)

3. Can I have the below Magical Items?  Most of it is RP stuff.

Magic Item wish-list

Staff of Magical Focus +3 (Magical Staff that gives its bonus to Attack and Damage to his Cantrip or Energy Attacks. Normal Spells are unaffected.)

Ring of Eternity (Stops the Character from aging or being aged magically.  This is mostly for RP flavor.)

Ring of Death's Defiance (Protects against Level Drain.)

Bowl of Nourishment (Refills with Stew, Soup, or Fruit twice per day)

Flask of Nourishment (Refills with Water twice per day.)

Bag of the Outdoors (Small bag the size of a purse. The Contents expand into a hammock with posts, a feather pillow and a winter blanket. The bag itself becomes a tent if needed.)

Potion of Healing (From the List)

Bracers of Defense (AC 5) (From the List, Unless Mardagin is still playing.)

Custom Spell: Would like the custom spell below or something similar of your design. It's essentially just the answer to the current editions cantrips. This would cover what MiB initially wanted to do with Cantrips, but I'm not sure if you wanted to continue with that.  Or if you would rather I can just pick a number of cantrips per 5th edition and go with that. I'm good either way.

Eloric's Energy Bolt 
Range: 5/10/15
Components: V, S, M
Duration: 1 hour/level
Casting Time: 1
Area of Effect: 1 creature
Saving Throw: None

This allows the wizard to charge themselves with magical energy of one of four basic types of energy; fire, ice, force or electrical. They are then able to launch bolts of that energy type at their enemies. This attack is subject to all the normal limitations of firing an object such as an arrow, a bolt, or a bullet at a target. This means, The wizard has to roll an attack check to hit with the energy bolt, as well as it is subject to resistances, cover, range, etc.  A successful energy attack deals 1d6 points of that specific energy types damage. This attack gains +1 to its damage every 5 levels. They can only utilize one energy type at a time. The Wizard may, with 10 minutes of uninterrupted concentration, change the energy type to any of the four listed. However ANY action other than complete silent mediation interrupts this process.

1. I plan to start where we left off.  We are in a pretty good place to add you.  Wolves attacking us... you come to help... we greet you as a potential friend for assisting us in the wolves defeat.

2. The original plan was to play through the module.  But if we like the game then I would be happy to continue with the campaign.  I do plan on altering the module a little bit so it has a few surprises.

3.  Any of the magic items MiB posted are available as long as Alynorae or Sumayl hasn't picked them up.  I will have to think about the unique items.  To be fair I'd have to offer the others a similar choice.  The main 2 items I'm concerned with are the immunity to aging and the protection from energy drain.  Those deadly effects are part of what makes Ravenloft so deadly and it kind of goes against the spirit of Ravenloft to be immune to energy draining and ghost's aging attacks, especially at the start of the campaign.

Are the other magic items just items you made up or are they located somewhere?

As for the custom spell, please remind me what MiB had planned for Cantrips?  I think I vaguely remember MiB mentioning something about cantrips but I just finished a 12 hour overnight and I'm too tired to go searching for it right now.