RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 2nd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+---- Forum: Ravenloft (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=106)
+---- Thread: OOC (/showthread.php?tid=553)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: OOC - DM Spiral - 06-14-2021

Okay, so, For Reion, it's possible he has visited other countries through the mist, but they are likely all going to change and/or vanish when Barovia gets sucked into the demiplane to be come part of Ravenloft. (Which hasn't happened yet.) 

- So I'll just adjust the name of the nations in his background? 
- And Is it okay to assume Reion's merchant family still made deals with the Vistani to pass back and forth through the mists?  Or did you want me to edit that out?

I think Eloric is okay, assuming Vallaki is still there 200 years before the 5e setting. But let me know if you spot anything I need to change.

(Edit - And LMAO!  Don't roll a 20.  It's a complete failure!  Ya jinxed me! Hahaha!)

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 06-14-2021

(06-14-2021, 09:21 PM)DM Spiral Wrote: Okay, so, For Reion, it's possible he has visited other countries through the mist, but they are likely all going to change and/or vanish when Barovia gets sucked into the demiplane to be come part of Ravenloft. (Which hasn't happened yet.) 

- So I'll just adjust the name of the nations in his background? 
- And Is it okay to assume Reion's merchant family still made deals with the Vistani to pass back and forth through the mists?  Or did you want me to edit that out?

I think Eloric is okay, assuming Vallaki is still there 200 years before the 5e setting. But let me know if you spot anything I need to change.

(Edit - And LMAO!  Don't roll a 20.  It's a complete failure!  Ya jinxed me! Hahaha!)

[That's just crazy!  Well, because of your past and for some juicy roleplaying possibilities I'm going to say you have repressed memories.  So stay tuned... And don't worry about changing anything.  See below...]

Quote:*  I've been GMing with the idea that we aren't in Ravenloft yet.  Thinking that whatever happens in this module happens before Barovia is sucked into the Demi-Plane.  If you survive, I had an idea for possible further adventures in Ravenloft.  But I don't want to get too much into my ideas because it's a long ways off and who knows what might happen in the future.

Well now that you mentioned the Vistani, it reminds me that they didn't appear until 470 BC so they wouldn't even be here yet.   So unless I want to rewrite parts of the timeline for this game (which I don't) I may have to set the game in the Demi-plane of Dread after all.   Undecided   It's not a big change but if we're here, I might as well use some of the Setting specific rules like horror and how some spells are changed. 

The main reason why I thinking of setting it before Barovia got sucked in was because it was MiB's game and for all I know he could come back at any time.  I felt he was just DMing this as a stand alone game that had no connection to the future campaign setting.  But Ravenloft happens to be one of my favorite campaigns.  So I don't mind switching it up and taking a deep diving into the Demi-plane of Dread universe.

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 06-22-2021

I looked over the rules for Fear/ Horror/ Madness checks.  They are kind of like save throws but there are some extra modifiers.  There are tables for each but I am just going to post what your is based upon your class.

Just like save throws, if you are multiclassed then you may choose the better (lower) number for your character.  For example Rhodric is a Fighter 5/ Thief 5.  So his fear/ horror/ Madness checks would be 10/ 13/ 16 respectively.  You should probably note these somewhere on your sheet.  The fighter class has additional abilities.

All Warriors:
* 5th or 6th level:
* Fear 10; Horror 16; Madness 16

All Wizards:
* 5th or 6th Level:
* Fear 14; Horror 12; Madness 16

All Priests:
* 5th or 6th Level:
* Fear 11; Horror 13; Madness 16

All Rogues:
*5th or 6th Level:
* Fear 13; Horror 13, Madness 16

Fighter Class
*  Bravery: Fighters gain additional bonuses on Fear and Horror checks.

Level:  Fear/ Horror
1-5   =  +1/ +0
6-10  =  +2/ +0
11-15 = +3/ +1   
16-20 = +4/ +2

Continuing Rhodric's example from above.  As a 5th level fighter, he would gain an additional +1 on fear checks.  Making his final numbers 9/ 13/16

*  Inspiration: Fighters can inspire their companions through bravado, mannerisms and conversation.  They must announce their intentions to inspire 10 rounds (1 turn) in advance.  It Is not possible for the character to announce his intention the moment that the Dungeon Master calls for a check.  No character can receive more than a +4 bonus on their checks.   These bonus can be added to a single character or spread among many.

Level:  Inspire others
1-5   =  +1
6-10  = +2
11-15 = +4
16-20 = +6

Rhodric could also give another character a +1 on their fear checks.

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 10-11-2021

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian peeps!!!!!

And I should be posting sometime later today.

RE: OOC - DM Vitkyng - 02-18-2022

Creeps quietly into the room, hesitant lookig very unstead..

Hello to everyone.

For those of you wondering where I have been for the last three weeks, sick,, very very sick.

It started with a simple case of pink eye, which, while inconvenient was not seemingly a big deal. Having only one eye did slow me down, so I dfecided just to take a few dys off posting, so that I could save my energy for work.

A week of polysporin eyedrops later it was no getting any better. Not worse, just not better. So I went to the walk-in clinic and the Dr. there prescribed Erythromycin ointment. I any normal person, that would have been the end of it. Nope. Not me.

I found out the VERY hard way that I am allergic to erythromycin. Within an hour or so of applying the eye ointment ny eye had swollen until bulged from my eye-socket, swollen totally shut and was streaming pus.

I called the clinic, they had me come to see the same Dr. She sent me immediatly to the ER.

They put me on IV antibiotics for 10 days.

Of course, by this time I was so ick I could barely stand, was taking days off work and having enough trouble seeing through the pain that I wouldn't even look at the websitre. When I wasn't working, I was sleeping.

Yesterday they finally finished the IV, but the infection has not cleared yet. So they have given me some oral antibiotics and steroid ointment for my eye.

I am a little better today, so hopeful.

If all goes well I will be catching up on my threads over thge weekend.

RE: OOC - DM Spiral - 03-04-2022

@GM Marvel 

I actually don't remember.  I think it came from some chart I was working with? But I can no longer find it.  Soooo.  I'll just take that right off.

RE: OOC - DM Spiral - 04-26-2022

Just touching base to make sure you're not waiting on me for something. I think I'm up-to-date.

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 04-29-2022

No, it's me.  I've been dealing with real life stuff and have been really distracted.  I should be posting soon.

RE: OOC - DM Spiral - 04-30-2022

Well That sucks brother.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting something. 

Hope things start looking better for you.

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 03-22-2023

Are people still interested in this game?