RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 2nd Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+---- Forum: Ravenloft (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=106)
+---- Thread: OOC (/showthread.php?tid=553)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: OOC - Rhodric - 07-30-2020

What is the Campaign id number on the unseen servant for this campaign?

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 07-30-2020

Campaign ID: 861

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 09-23-2020

Ok, I've got my other games either set up and started or caught up on.  So now it's time to get Ravenloft set up and started.

I need those players who don't have their character's completed or their backgrounds started to get all that done. 

I've been thinking of the Cantrip thing and I can't go with the 5th edition cantrips because the magic system is just too different than in 2e.  Cantrips aren't meant to do any damage in 2e and their effects barely affect their environments.  Changing it to 5e would make them better than some 1st and 2nd level spells.

I also don't like how cantrip takes up a spell slot because apprentice wizards don't have spell slots and cantrips are an apprentice's thing.  So as a compromise I offer, the wizard may cast a number of Cantrips per day in 1 minute increments.  The number of these 1 minute Cantrips equal to your number of languages.  So a Wizard with an Int 14 would gain 4 one minute Cantrips/day and a wizard had an Int 18 they would gain 7 one minute Cantrips/day.  But once a wizard starts casting real spells they focus on gaining more of them than increasing the number of cantrips they can cast per day.  But if the wizard does want more Cantrips then you can memorize the 1st level Cantrip spell which lasts for 1 hour per level!  

There are 3 new characters joining.  So I would like the 3 of you to be at least acquainted with one another. There's no need to be best friends.  Maybe you stumbled upon each other the same day as you stumble upon the two characters fighting the Worg.  So it would be nice if players got their backgrounds together.  Especially what you were doing before and after you got sucked into Ravenloft.  This might help other players figure out what they were doing.  Keep in mind that portals to Ravenloft tend to spring up around places were terrible events have taken place such as a war or massacre.  Or it could be as simple as you got hired to find a town and while you were on your way you entered a strange fog and don't even know you're in Ravenloft and you're completely unaware that it was all a big set up by Strahd to lure more people into his domain - like what happened the original two characters.  What?  Oh look at the time!!!

Anywhoo, feel free to ask any additional questions.

RE: OOC - Sumayl al-Akhir - 09-24-2020

Guess I should come up witth a better background for Sumayl, MiB did not really care. Question, does Sumayl know that he is in Ravenloft, because as written before we were just travelling into so new Duchy called Barovia and encountered these wolves in the fog. So it would seem we JUST entered Ravenloft.

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 09-24-2020

(09-24-2020, 03:17 AM)Sumayl al-Akhir Wrote: Guess I should come up witth a better background for Sumayl, MiB did not really care.  Question, does Sumayl know that he is in Ravenloft, because as written before we were just travelling into so new  Duchy called Barovia and encountered these wolves in the fog.  So it would seem  we JUST entered Ravenloft.

You don't need anything fancy for the background.  What you and Alynorae have already experienced is your background already written for you.

RE: OOC - Sumayl al-Akhir - 09-24-2020

KK Figured my being a holy warrior of the church of Brave Hajama' the god of courage and bravery was more than enough reason to just wander the world seeking adventure.

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 09-24-2020

(09-24-2020, 03:36 AM)Sumayl al-Akhir Wrote: KK  Figured my being a holy warrior of the church of Brave Hajama' the god of courage and bravery was more than enough reason to just wander the world seeking adventure.

Yes it is.  If you want to fill in more later then that's fine too.

RE: OOC - Alynorae Eilnathna - 09-24-2020

I haven't wrote a background yet.  But my god changed so it's kind of good I didn't.  I will have to look through what's been posted in the Inn to see if I mentioned anything about my background.

RE: OOC - DM Spiral - 09-24-2020

Rubs hands together.  You know I loves me some Backgrounds.  I'll have em up this weekend!

RE: OOC - GM Marvel - 09-27-2020

(09-24-2020, 09:56 PM)DM Spiral Wrote: Rubs hands together.  You know I loves me some Backgrounds.  I'll have em up this weekend!

<Insert terrified face emoji>