RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
AD&D I6 Ravenloft - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: The Prologue (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Game Advertisements (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: AD&D I6 Ravenloft (/showthread.php?tid=522)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: AD&D I6 Ravenloft - GM Marvel - 11-29-2017

I was looking though the Wilderness Survival Guide (I can't find a PDF of the Dungeoneer's Survival Guide) and I don't see anything about how multi-classed characters are handled.  I could have missed it because I'm extremely tired right now.  Sleepy   So do they get Weapon and Nonweapon Proficiencies from both classes or just the best?  

I did find a PDF of a list of proficiencies from both books in one handy chart  >> Here <<  

And a list of PDF's of some books >> Here << But of course the link for the Dungeoneer's Survival Guide doesn't seem to be working for me.   Dodgy

RE: AD&D I6 Ravenloft - DM Vitkyng - 11-29-2017

hey, it's better stats than Teldin.. my very first 2nd edition character with you as DM.. remember how he turned out lol..

RE: AD&D I6 Ravenloft - GM Marvel - 11-29-2017

(11-29-2017, 11:19 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: hey, it's better stats than Teldin.. my very first 2nd edition character with you as DM.. remember how he turned out lol..

Yeah... Wasn't he turned into a shadow dragon's little bitch?  Or was that Louman?

RE: AD&D I6 Ravenloft - DM Vitkyng - 11-29-2017

(11-29-2017, 11:19 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: I was looking though the Wilderness Survival Guide (I can't find a PDF of the Dungeoneer's Survival Guide) and I don't see anything about how multi-classed characters are handled.  I could have missed it because I'm extremely tired right now.  Sleepy   So do they get Weapon and Nonweapon Proficiencies from both classes or just the best?  

I did find a PDF of a list of proficiencies from both books in one handy chart  >> Here <<  

And a list of PDF's of some books >> Here << But of course the link for the Dungeoneer's Survival Guide doesn't seem to be working for me.   Dodgy

Multiclassing would be in the PHb or UA anyway not in the Dungeoneers survival guide.  I grabbeed a watermarked pdf of it off drivethrurpg.

RE: AD&D I6 Ravenloft - GM Marvel - 11-30-2017

Yes but the rules for Weapon and Nonweapon Proficiences are in both Survival Guides.  For example, at 1st level wizards gain 1 weapon proficiency and 3 Nonweapon Proficiences.  They then get 1 weapon slot every 6 levels after first and 2 Nonweapon slots every 6 levels after first.  But I couldn't find information on how multi-classed characters are handled.

RE: AD&D I6 Ravenloft - Keylan - 11-30-2017

I haven't played 1st ed in about 20 + years so I am going to need a lot of help with the character creation and such. If I come up with the concept can someone help me to bring him to life?

RE: AD&D I6 Ravenloft - Man in Black - 11-30-2017

Go with the best class.

Shouldn't be a problem, Keylan.

Burnt some fingers. That forum will be delayed a bit.

RE: AD&D I6 Ravenloft - GM Marvel - 12-14-2017

So is this still happening?  If so I have another question...

We use to allow the player to lower a stat by 2 or two stats by 1 to raise another stat by +1.  Is that allowed here?  It would allow Vitkyng to qualify for a difficult class like Paladin or to help those of us who rolled crappy to hopefully get at least a +1 bonus.  Even if it was limited to a 17 (since paladins have a ridiculous 17 charisma requirement) so no one can get an 18 or an 18(1-100) strength.

RE: AD&D I6 Ravenloft - Man in Black - 12-16-2017

We're still on. I'm still trying to recover from whatever this is.

Let's try this, roll 4d6h3 reroll 1's. Still not making minimums? Put your highest there and raise it to the minimum. I'm going to throw in some magic items to choose from, too.

RE: AD&D I6 Ravenloft - Man in Black - 12-23-2017

I'm going to aim for the first of the year to get started since I'm having so much trouble getting things done right now.