RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... (/showthread.php?tid=501)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 05-29-2018

OOC - you lucky bastard Smile

Lugar searches carefully about the perimeter of the depression as well as the door frame and picks up a faint smell of something... otherworldly. As much as foreign planes can be otherworldly, this scent is something that doesn't resemble anything he's encountered, ever. It's like a scent of void emanating from the door's surface but at the same time the scent also resembles some Underdark plants all too familiar to drow and duergar alike as fundamental substances in concocting some drugs. His guess is, should the door be forced open, one way or another, that would trigger some nasty magical effect.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Torin - 06-04-2018

Torin turns to Lugar: - So, did you find sg? If you needed then we could use one of my mount to trigger the trap.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Lugar - 06-05-2018

(06-04-2018, 08:03 PM)Torin Wrote: Torin turns to Lugar: - So, did you find sg? If you needed then we could use one of my mount to trigger the trap.

Ooc - I don't understand.  Did I find SG? (Silent Giant)... Did he wander off out of sight? :Smile I know he was hunting tracks.

Lugar relates his findings to the others as best he can... "I sense something beyond this world, but something familiar as well."  His nostrils flare as he inhales the air.  The hairs on his beard tingle.  "I sense a void coming from the door's surface, and also the hints of familiar plants from the Underdark.  We need to be careful here... Are Dragons immune to poison?"  He asks the dragon experts.  

Ooc - Can Lugar identify the drugs?

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Toot - 06-05-2018

(06-04-2018, 08:03 PM)Torin Wrote: Torin turns to Lugar: - So, did you find sg? If you needed then we could use one of my mount to trigger the trap.

"Do we want to blow up your ass?" Toot asks.  He then pauses and says, "Umm... I think that came out wrong...  I mean we could summon something or try to activate it by throwing objects at the thing.  Me would rather keep animal around.  It more useful alive then dead."

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Lugar - 06-05-2018

(06-05-2018, 02:27 AM)Toot Wrote:

"Do we want to blow up your ass?" Toot asks.  He then pauses and says, "Umm... I think that came out wrong...  I mean we could summon something or try to activate it by throwing objects at the thing.  Me would rather keep animal around.  It more useful alive then dead."

Despite Lugar's better judgement and caution he lets out a hearty knee slapping laugh.  "Blow up your arse. Hah!"  A tear rolls down his cheek. "That would be a sight."  He can't seem to get the thought out of his head and his gray cheeks turn pink with laughter.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 06-05-2018

OOC - @Lugar see OOC thread about "sg". @Torin maybe we should avoid sms-like abbreviations in forum posts Smile
OOC2 - I allow poison and dungeoneering related skills to identify the scent, plus nature if your character has significant Underdark background (since the source of the scent is native there)... but you must be close enough to pick up the scent in the first place...

Lugar's feeling about the scent.
He definitely feels the familiarity but cannot make heads or tails. It's as if... the scent reminds him of something, a horror he has witnessed but has not experienced, buried deep deep in his subconscious. The harder he tries to remember the more headache he builds. Maybe it wasn't plant after all? Was it the scent of magic? And was the olfactory sensation accpmpanied by a barely audible "pang"? A picture of four twirling vines builds up in his mind, but that doesn't feel right. Those vines (vines?) are hiding something, buried long ago, deep within his subconscious. Lugar is reluctant to bring this memory to surface.

Upon his question concerning dragons and poison, Shanna offers,
I think most dragons are resistant, if not immune, to poison."

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Silent Giant - 06-08-2018

So nobody wants to see the other secret place? - he asks

1. "After spending some six minutes looking around intently, Lugar thinks he had found something. Like the tip of a wand or javelin that points towards whoever moves or damages the stone slab blocking passage. He's pretty sure it's some kind of magic but no recognisable patterns nearby that would sell the source, be it arcane, divine, or whatever."

2. Turning about 45 degrees to the left, she points to another section of the wall, some 10 feet away from the door's outline.
"There is another source of magic, same strength, same school, but does not necessarily mean the same spell."

Are these two points same? Can't we move the tip with Mage Hand? (Merri? Shanna?)

DM, can you summarize what we know about this place, secret door?

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 06-08-2018

Okay, so there is a 15x15 ft wall surface that has a thin seam, let's call it "secret door".
And to the west, maybe 15 more ft away, there's another spot radiating the same school of magic.
The "wand tip" is not really a physical thing, more like a sensation even Lugar cannot explain. He just "sixth-senses" as if he would be targeted by a wand. (OOC - I'm not sure why I wrote it like that... must have been exhausted Smile )
And (OOC - with his lucky roll) he picked up some scent that has awakened some long buried memories within.
Lugar's guess is that bringing down the door in any manner other than the "nice" way would trigger both magic sources.
... and so far goes his search attempt, he has not tried to disable the magical device yet.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Toot - 06-10-2018

Quote:I allow poison and dungeoneering related skills to identify the scent, plus nature if your character has significant Underdark background (since the source of the scent is native there)

[OoC: A Jermlaine's natural Climate/Terrian is the Underground.  So Toot grew up in the Underground for most of his life until his family tied him to a dire ferret's tail and chased him away for being too nice, cute and curious.  All things Jermlaine hate, of course.]

[OoC2: I'm a little confused.  Is the thin seam in the middle of the 15'x15' "secret door"?  Would the seam be where a pair of double doors join?  Is the second spot another "secret door" but without a seam?  And what is this about sensing a wand tip targeting Lugar???  Is that suppose to be the trap?] 

Toot and Boo will tippy-toes another 20' away, for a total of 50', while chirping to himself that he wasn't going to be turned into a squeaking ball of fire.

Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 06-10-2018

Ooc yes I was thinking about jermlaine, though underground in general is not specifically Underdark.

Ooc2 the seam is the perimeter of the 15x15 area. The area of magic to the left does not seem to be a door.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről