RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... (/showthread.php?tid=501)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 04-10-2018

While the party waits for the ants to disperse three more arrive to claim their food. One stays, two leave with some bits. Lugar can see further than the others and can see more coming.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Silent Giant - 04-10-2018

(04-10-2018, 05:19 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: While the party waits for the ants to disperse three more arrive to claim their food. One stays, two leave with some bits. Lugar can see further than the others and can see more coming.

OOC - Who is our diplomat? We should ask them about dragon. Speak with animals?

OOC - add Lugar's and Toot's CHA to your own. 15 is a decent score, after all, isn't it. Smile But not convinced that vermin qualify as animals for this purpose (no Int score to name one reason). However, it would be fun to see the druid starting to excrete various scents as a way of communication with giant ants Smile (that's what ants do IRL, right?)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Toot - 04-10-2018

(04-09-2018, 03:23 PM)Torin Wrote: - I have a Water Walk memoried and Toot have got a Water Breathing but that's all.

"We also have freedom of movements.  Especially good for tiny Toot so water not carry me away!"

[OoC: Re Mephits:  I remember asking about summoning different types of elementals with SNA because it says elemental (any) and you said I could.  If that has not changed then Toot could summon an elemental that's part water like Ice or Ooze (mud?) to search around.  Actually, an earth elemental could quckly look for any place with an air pocket like an underwater cave... hey... does a water elemental have a head?  I believe I read that low HD elementals take on animal shapes while higher HD elementals take on humanoid shapes.  If so, can they wear a helmet?  Toot could put the helmet on the water elemental; tell it what to do; then take the helmet off the elemental while it searches? ]

OOC - well... it's... magic! and if I allow it now then you will blame yourself forever for spending skill points to pick up three elemental languages Smile

[OoC: While Toot wears the helm he can understand the Elementals but they can't understand Toot.  So unless he wants to spend a move action giving the helmet to an elemental, telling him what to do (free action) then another move action to take it off the elemental; it would be just easier to learn the language. ]

Toot will hop back and forth from foot to foot while chanting his spell and shaking his mistletoe.  Suddenly a small seal-like creature madeof water pops its head from out of the pond.  Toot will plop the helmet on top of its head and tell the water elemental to quickly (90' swim speed x2) search the pond and waterfall for caves, treasure or anything else suspicious or interesting and then return to him before the end of the spell (So in about 13 rounds). Toot then takes back his helmet.

[OoC: Summon Nature's Ally 2 (Extend duration to 16 rounds); Note: Summoned creatures gain +4 str/ +4 Con due to Augment Summoning Feat.]

Elementals, especially small ones, weren't terribly bright (Int 4) but they were fairly clever (Wis 11) so Toot hoped the elemental wouldn't have too much problem following the simple task Toot had given it.

OOC - just to get it straight, Toot retrieves the helmet before the elemental starts its endeavour or when it returns? Assuming the former, because...

The seal-elemental disappears.... and does not return in the expected time frame.

(04-10-2018, 02:54 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC - just to get it straight, Toot retrieves the helmet before the elemental starts its endeavour or when it returns? Assuming the former, because...

The seal-elemental disappears.... and does not return in the expected time frame.

[OoC: Yes, BEFORE it leaves for that exact reason. ]

Toot looks at the others and says, "Well that not good.  Me didn't tell it to attack anything so it should have returned to me unless itself was destroyed before it could return.  And even though it look like seal, it not flesh and blood, so not likely it be attacked as food and not many animals could catch it.   Me could create an Earth Elemental and make it move along edges of pond to peer into water so it less likely to be seen.  Earth Elemental not like it but will do it." 

Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 04-10-2018

"Destroyed, or simply misjudged the elapsed time and the spell expired. Elementals can't be banned by a simple protection spell since they are neutral but that's also a possibly, if unlikely." Shanna thinks out loud.

Ooc - I don't know if Toot was left behind or all this happened before Lugar followed Giant and Zel into the circle but I'm fine either way. So it's fine if all the characters add their two copper pieces here.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Torin - 04-10-2018

ooc - How ants communicate

- We know that sometimes (or always) the time is faster in same place in nearby so IMHO your elemental disappeared on time Big Grin.