RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... (/showthread.php?tid=501)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 01-19-2018

OOC @Merri - haste and fatigue cancel each other's mods unless I'm mistaken and elves are unaffected by hunger and thirst...
OOC @Lugar - thanks for the instant healing on behalf of the Community Insects Anonymous.
OOC @Shanna - Your spell may look like a color spray but unless the mantis knows what it's supposed to be and that it is supposed to be stunned it won't do the charm.

The mantis feels the pain from the adamantine morningstar (NB -1 att/dam due to -2 str included?)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Torin - 01-19-2018

Nope. Big Grin

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Shanna Rendin - 01-19-2018

Shanna glares at the pair of surprisingly strong-willed insects and, in a display of frustration, cinches her robe a little bit tighter around her.  Then she re-collects her wand, points it at a space not far from the insects but not on top of them, and flicks it, summoning a Huge-sized Eastern Giant Hornet into being.

[[Silent Image to summon the figment of a Giant Hornet. As per this page, the Giant Hornet is one of the few insects consistently deadly to a praying mantis.]]

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 01-20-2018

Third Round

Lugar swiftly attacks, swinging the mithril axe to bite into the giant bugs armor. On his first swing he blinks out just as he was about to connect! Blinking back into reality he follows up with a second attack. The critters legs tremble in reaction to the thunderous crash through its armor! but stays up and kicking.

Shanna manifests the image of a giant hornet and the insects chitter in shock!
The mantis feels the pain from the adamantine morningstar! However, the second blow bounces off the tough natural armor. Regardless, that mantis is barely standing now!

Merri (pinned) is up!

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Merrinna Starsong - 01-20-2018

(I'm hasted so my AC is 21 so I shouldn't be pinned. Right?)

Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 01-20-2018

(Wrong. You are fatigued, your dex is down to 16, so your AC is 20 with haste, right?)

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 01-23-2018

(OOC - over 48h since my last feedback and still no action plan from Merri. I think her grapple is better than her escape artist check and maybe her second attack (due to haste) could be put to good use to try to completely escape the grapple. Anyway it didn't really have much relevance as you'll see...)

Third Round

Lugar swiftly attacks, swinging the mithril axe to bite into the giant bugs armor. On his first swing he blinks out just as he was about to connect! Blinking back into reality he follows up with a second attack. The critters legs tremble in reaction to the thunderous crash through its armor! but stays up and kicking.
Shanna manifests the image of a giant hornet and the insects chitter in shock!
The mantis feels the pain from the adamantine morningstar! However, the second blow bounces off the tough natural armor. Regardless, that mantis is barely standing now!

Merri wriggles and struggles and manages to escape the pin due to her magical celerity but it was not enough to completely escape from the grapple. (OOC - first check 8 vs 20, second check 14 vs 13, whew)
The wasp holding Giant attempts to untangle itself from the mighty orc's hug and it seems to take forever to achieve this! Finally releasing Giant, it can do no more than taking a step away from the dreaded wasp but still within reach of its illusory mandibles! (OOC - huge wasp means 15ft space, 10ft reach)

Giant is up! (don't forget that you probably dropped your double axe when you were grappled... but you still have your spikes! Smile )

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Silent Giant - 01-23-2018

Giant draws his heavy flail and attacks Merri's mantis (AC:17,dmg:11)

Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 01-23-2018

The mantis goes down, releasing Merri!

Party time! (All except Giant. Guess Boo will finish the job, though)

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Lugar - 01-23-2018

Lugar sees another giant bug appear out of nowhere. "Oh buggers." He sighs. If the giant mantis in front of him is still standing, Lugar attacks it again.  

First attack - 29, Miss Chance 13%
Second attack -24, Miss Chance 83%
Damage 7+10 Sneak Attack

Ooc - All these giant bugs remind me of old B movies like, The Deadly Mantis. Smile