RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... (/showthread.php?tid=501)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 01-15-2018

Hm, clever, will think about it Smile but why not?

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Shanna Rendin - 01-15-2018

[[Thanks. Wasn't my idea, but appreciate the approval Wink ]]

Shanna slips a wand out of the braids in her hair, points it at the pair of giant insects and, hoping that her ally does not get adversely affected, flicks the tip at them. In their eyes, a pair of large, wooden barrels appear out of thin air, surrounding their heads and upper arms, binding them close and blocking out all vision. This minimalist movement being done, she performs another to return the wand to her braids.

[Silent Image cast, she has 12 10' cubes to work with, but will only use as many as is necessary to affect the insects. Will DC is 15.]

Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 01-15-2018

Lugar utters a word and phases out of this existence! He rolls and ducks and springs around the huge insect's limbs, avoiding one, two, three... But he phases in in a poor moment and right into the abdomen of the mantis. He's shunted off to the place he targeted, though, with a minor crush (1hp). The insects angry chitter suggests that it felt the same concussion as well!

Shanna casts her spell and two barrels interlinked with chains appear out of nothingness. One covers Lugar's captor and other blinds insect holding Giant captive. (Rolled ranged touch attacks to place them around moving targets... barely hit Wink )

Torin...

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Merrinna Starsong - 01-16-2018

(Nope, that second action was due to being hasted.)

Merri spins and pivots lightly on her feet, chipping off chunks of chitin with a flurry of strikes with her sword.

miss 20% [1d100] = 75
attack; damage [1d20+8] = 12+8 = 20 [2d6+2] = 7+2 = 9

miss 20% [1d100] = 77
attack; damage [1d20+8] = 4+8 = 12 [2d6+2] = 4+2 = 6

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Lugar - 01-16-2018

(01-16-2018, 06:11 AM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: (Nope, that second action was due to being hasted.)

Merri spins and pivots lightly on her feet, chipping off chunks of chitin with a flurry of strikes with her sword.

miss 20% [1d100] = 75
attack; damage [1d20+8] = 12+8 = 20 [2d6+2] = 7+2 = 9

miss 20% [1d100] = 77
attack; damage [1d20+8] = 4+8 = 12 [2d6+2] = 4+2 = 6

Ooc - Don't forget, now that Lugar is flanking with Merri she gets a +2 to attackSmile  But more importantly, the Mantises get -2 to AC because they are blinded if I am correct?

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 01-16-2018

OOC - yes, and they are denied their -1 Dex Penalty Wink j/k. (seriously, who made up these stats?!? a mantis being clumsy? come on!!!) Even though nobody mentioned before that Merri would wait for Lugar and Torin to finish... but let's play pretend. I will reduce Merri's initiative to reflect this.

Thanks to Lugar's and Shanna's distraction Merri has easy time preparing insectoid sushi but it stays very much alive and kicking.

Torin... (OOC - I left my blue arrow there as a reminder that you may be one step closer to the heat of battle at the end of your previous round if you desire)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Torin - 01-16-2018

Torin charges the right mantis (ooc - attack: 22 damage:8) his mulepony folllows him.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 01-16-2018

OOC - mule = pony? Smile

Torin charges and slams his enchanted adamantine weapon into the huge insect.
The mantis holding Giant bites angrily at the fake barrel and immediately realises that it's not there! so it proceeds with slicing and dicing Giant further (AC 20 and 24, respectively, 7+5hp damage).
Giant's turn!

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Shanna Rendin - 01-16-2018

[[doesnt that require a Will save for interacting with a figment? I’m guessing it rolled favorably then.]]

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Toot - 01-16-2018

(01-16-2018, 08:37 PM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: [[doesnt that require a Will save for interacting with a figment?  I’m guessing it rolled favorably then.]]

[OoC:  Well it should require a Will Save.  When the gnome cast a wall of roots, Toot had to make a Will Save.  Failure meant he thought the illusion was real.  He did get a bonus to the save because he's a doodid and he would have some insight into roots.  But I doubt creatures with 0 intelligence would have much insight into anything.]