RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... (/showthread.php?tid=501)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Torin - 12-13-2017

(12-13-2017, 08:57 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: Yeah, I'm in. Let's go.

OOC - What's about Torin's dimenson door? It should work, it's not ethereal like blinking.
But we can try to dispel the footprint (fingerprint) sensor first.
Torin, where are you? We need help!!!

I suppose that Torin already shared his findings (Detect Magic).
Right behind you Big Grin. I have got only one Dimenson Door per day and didn't memorized Dispel Magic.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Silent Giant - 12-13-2017

OOC - But you have a scroll, haven't you? Smile

It is possible that Torin and Zelgadis touch each other? (If neccessary then they could use Torin's wand of Alter Self and get a humanoid shape with much longer and thiner arms.)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Merrinna Starsong - 12-13-2017

(Sorry. Been really sick and just plain exhausted. My creative thinking is apparently on hiatus. I'm not sure Merri is equipped to free him. She's mostly set up for combat. Maybe a knowledge arcane or spellcraft roll for some hint?)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 12-13-2017

Merri probably knows everything about Wall of Force and Forcecage so she understands what Shanna mentioned: Disintegrate is the lowest level spell that would work against either of those and she can just assume that it would work against this something. If the party had that power in some way, that is

Yes, Torin and Zelgadis may touch each other but you both need a DC 10 sleight of hands (or dexterity) check to avoid certain peril. (ACP applies if your arm is armoured. also considered balance and concentration but I think SoH is closest to have steady hands)

Could a caster jumps out from a prison - which made from Wall of Force or Forcecage - with a Dimenson Door spell? What does Torin or the others know about this?

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Lugar - 12-13-2017

(12-13-2017, 02:48 PM)Torin Wrote: Could a caster jumps out from a prison - which made from Wall of Force or Forcecage - with a Dimenson Door spell? What does Torin or the others know about this?
Ooc - Here is the standard spell for all to see, but this spell is a bit different.  A half an inch is really small. (I know, I know, that's what she said...) So DD could work, our shrinking idea seems pretty dumb now after reading this hahaha.  Has anyone tried looking at Cranberry's magical twig again? Maybe Zelgadis could take a look?  It's up to the spell-casters though.

Forcecage
Evocation [Force]
Level:
Sor/Wiz 7
Components:
V, S, M
Casting Time:
standard action
Range:
Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area:
Barred cage (20-ft. cube) or windowless cell (10-ft. cube)
Duration:
2 hours/level (D)
Saving Throw:
None
Spell Resistance:
No
-This powerful spell brings into being an immobile, invisible cubical prison composed of either bars of force or solid walls of force (your choice).
Creatures within the area are caught and contained unless they are too big to fit inside, in which case the spell automatically fails. Teleportation and other forms of astral travel provide a means of escape, but the force walls or bars extend into the Ethereal Plane, blocking ethereal travel.
-Like a wall of force spell, a forcecage resists dispel magic, but it is vulnerable to a disintegrate spell, and it can be destroyed by a sphere of annihilation or a rod of cancellation.
-Barred Cage
  -This version of the spell produces a 20-foot cube made of bands of force (similar to a wall of force spell) for bars. The bands are a half-inch wide, with half-inch gaps between them. Any creature capable of passing through such a small space can escape; others are confined. You can’t attack a creature in a barred cage with a weapon unless the weapon can fit between the gaps. Even against such weapons (including arrows and similar ranged attacks), a creature in the barred cage has cover. All spells and breath weapons can pass through the gaps in the bars.
-Windowless Cell
  -This version of the spell produces a 10-foot cube with no way in and no way out. Solid walls of force form its six sides.
-Material Component
Ruby dust worth 1,500 gp, which is tossed into the air and disappears when you cast the spell.

T

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 12-13-2017

OOC -- spoiler'd the spell description. Please commit such posts to OOC thread; I can't move between threads now for whatever reason.

With a DC 10 Spellcraft check Torin knows that DD uses the astral plane.
With a DC 15 Knowledge (Arcana) check he may know that force spells extend to the ethereal and not to astral.
With a DC 15 Knowledge (Planes) check he knows that ethereal is a transitive plane parallel to the material (thus, extending there makes sense) while astral is a transitive plane practically perpendicular to anything else (thus, extending there makes no sense).

Whoever is familiar with Forcecage immediately realises that this cage is more gaps than bars. So a juvenile cat may pass (risking her whiskers...). The gap is maybe 3 inches when close to the ground and gets narrower as you proceed towards the top.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Toot - 12-14-2017

Lugar Wrote:Otherwise continuing exploration is his next option. "Hey SG, you said there was another path up ahead? Maybe we should do a little more scouting? Toot, you're little, wanna come and have a look-see?"

"What?  Me no scout ahead," Toot squeaks. "Dragoon could be invisible and waiting to use acid breath.  Me suggest traveling well apart from each other so dragoon acid cone less likely to melt you into Duergar Sticky."

When Toot hears of Torin's DimDoor, he will say, "Why not Torin and man just touch fingertips or short twig through widest opening between bars..."

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 12-14-2017

OOC - Yes, that's exactly what Torin is up to, I assume. He just likes to tiptoe around the DM sometimes so that I won't call something "nonsense" that some of the players may take for granted Wink That's why I added the Sleight of Hand check; to model involuntary shaking