RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... (/showthread.php?tid=501)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Toot - 12-12-2017

DM Surranó Wrote:I'm not convinced that jermlaine are mammals. Or any fey, for that matter. Maybe they spout buds.

Cry

(12-12-2017, 02:16 PM)Lugar Wrote: oc - Could Toot summon a tiny creature to do his bidding?  And just to get this straight, the current plan is to have a tiny creature pass through the bars with a bag of holding, which Zelgadis will enter, then the tiny creature will exit with the bag of holding and we can pull Zelgadis out?

[OoC: Well that really depends upon what the DM thinks is the chances of Toot's Bag of Holding going up in smoke. And if it does go up in smoke, Toot will want help purchasing a new one. Those things aren't cheap. Sad ]

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 12-12-2017

OOC - I repeat, it's unlikely you could roll up the BoH to such a tight package that would pass safely through the bars.

Lugar's bigger stone shatters to several pieces.

Zelgadis shakes his head,
"My earth magic did not get me out of here. The cage must extend through solid rock to form an all-around shape."

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Lugar - 12-12-2017

"Well Zelgadis, after careful examination of your current situation and the properties of this cage, I can confidently say, you're fucked."

He looks at the others for any suggestions and as a final gesture of good will he places his ring of blinking where his waterskin is for Zelgadis to reach. 

"This is a magic ring. It will randomly blink the wearer in and out of our world. When  blinked you can pass through walls.  There's no guarantee it will work, but if you want to get out you can try. Judging by the rocks, you'll either get vaporized or shatter to pieces if it fails.  If you free yourself I'm sure one of my good friends here would heal you."

This should be interesting Lugar thinks to himself.  If he survives they have a new ally. If he dies they have a new sword and a good story to tell.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Silent Giant - 12-12-2017

(12-12-2017, 05:55 PM)Lugar Wrote: "Well Zelgadis, after careful examination of your current situation and the properties of this cage, I can confidently say, you're fucked."

He looks at the others for any suggestions and as a final gesture of good will he places his ring of blinking where his waterskin is for Zelgadis to reach. 

"This is a magic ring. It will randomly blink the wearer in and out of our world. When  blinked you can pass through walls.  There's no guarantee it will work, but if you want to get out you can try. Judging by the rocks, you'll either get vaporized or shatter to pieces if it fails.  If you free yourself I'm sure one of my good friends here would heal you."

This should be interesting Lugar thinks to himself.  If he survives they have a new ally. If he dies they have a new sword and a good story to tell.

OOC - DM, I think this is the point when Shanna have to say stop. Maybe she can explain how forcecage works.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Torin - 12-12-2017

(12-12-2017, 05:55 PM)Lugar Wrote: "Well Zelgadis, after careful examination of your current situation and the properties of this cage, I can confidently say, you're fucked."

OOC - Good Point Big Grin

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 12-12-2017

OOC @Silent Giant - good point. I hoped for our still active(?) arcane caster to come for the rescue with the same idea...

Zelgadis looks at Lugar for a long, long moment before answering,
"Tentative. But I can wait."

Shanna steps closer.
"It is not exactly the spell I've read about but pretty much similar. It has one weakness; disintegration. That is, of course, unless we know how to simply turn it off."
She wanders off, inspecting the footprint-shaped depression up close.

"I guess that's a footprint he left when he first visited me. At least, it has been there since I awakened in this place and I first saw it when he left. "

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Silent Giant - 12-12-2017

(12-12-2017, 05:55 PM)Lugar Wrote: This should be interesting Lugar thinks to himself.  If he survives they have a new ally. If he dies they have a new sword and a good story to tell.

ooc - Yeah, nice plan. I like it. Smile

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Lugar - 12-12-2017

With some disappointment written on his face Lugar takes the items back. He was really looking forward to a new swo-err-friend... "Well, humph, I'm out of ideas!" He looks to the others for anything. Lugar will check the footprint for signs of being a pressure plate if Shunna wants. Otherwise continuing exploration is his next option. "Hey SG, you said there was another path up ahead? Maybe we should do a little more scouting? Toot, you're little, wanna come and have a look-see?"

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 12-13-2017

Lugar doesn't think it's a mechanical contraption. Really looks like a footprint left in clay, except that it's solid stone all around here.
EDIT: has @Torin spoken about his findings with Detect Magic? If so, then Lugar certainly knows that it's a magical something.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Silent Giant - 12-13-2017

(12-12-2017, 11:13 PM)Lugar Wrote: With some disappointment written on his face Lugar takes the items back. He was really looking forward to a new swo-err-friend... "Well, humph, I'm out of ideas!" He looks to the others for anything. Lugar will check the footprint for signs of being a pressure plate if Shunna wants. Otherwise continuing exploration is his next option.  "Hey SG, you said there was another path up ahead? Maybe we should do a little more scouting? Toot, you're little, wanna come and have a look-see?"

Yeah, I'm in. Let's go.

OOC - What's about Torin's dimenson door? It should work, it's not ethereal like blinking.
But we can try to dispel the footprint (fingerprint) sensor first.
Torin, where are you? We need help!!!