RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... (/showthread.php?tid=501)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 11-24-2017

OOC - everyone keep posting; I'll probably be away until Monday.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Merrinna Starsong - 11-25-2017

The force cage changed how she thought to approach this conversation. People didn't usually try to trap themselves in them. It also took a lot of knowledge and power to cast such spells. That meant a powerful magic-user was about. "Tell me, are you a prisoner here?"

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Silent Giant - 11-25-2017

(11-24-2017, 06:37 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC @Toot - yeah that's fine.
OOC @Torin - clever! Assuming Merri took the lead...

The stranger stands up as Torin approaches.
However, as Torin is about to step just about within arm's reach to him, he rebounds from some invisible force that gives off orange sparks.
The momentary flash of orange light looks like a kind of force cage to those familiar in the ways of the arcane (Spellcraft DC10, will mark the perimeter of the "cage" on the map):

Torin recoils from the pain (-10hp nonlethal damage).

He follows Torin as a bodyguard.

Wow! What the holy shit? Khm... Witchcraft!

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 11-28-2017

As the force cage flashes orange sparks Giant swears,

Wow! What the holy shit? Khm... Witchcraft!

The stranger raises his sword, proclaiming in a gravelly voice,
"Astral Vine!"
and the sword hums as vivid red light runs along its blade until it glows a steady cherry red.
He moves the blade along the perimeter of his cage which gives off sparks as the blade touches the force field. Eventually, he finds a gap that's sufficiently wide to reach out and pick up Torin's wand from the ground.
He points at himself with the wand and invokes the command word.

The stranger waiting for something to happen with himself, Merri speaks up first.

"Tell me, are you a prisoner here?"

With a hint of understanding glittering in his eyes, the figure nods.
"Yes I am. And this is handy magic you have here. I came here in search for an artifact that is rumoured to have power over greatest sources of magic but was knocked down by an unseen attack from a huge green beast. Now he keeps me here, like a research subject, for what I'm guessing has been over a week now. I thought you might be from this world and may know how to counter this magic prison."

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Toot - 11-29-2017

Toot watches and listens.  He still saw no reason to trust this individual.  But if these people wanted to expose themselves to be targets, that was fine.  If things went bad it would give Toot and Boo some extra time to escape.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Merrinna Starsong - 11-29-2017

Merri showed surprise with a slight raising of her eyebrow. "Over a week? It was my understanding that such magic was measured in hours, not days. Powerful caster or some other magic. In either case, I lack the means to free you. Allow us some time to look for a source. Perhaps there is a simpler solution at hand."

She does a search of the immediate area for any kind of clue.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 11-29-2017

The creature nods,
"There must be a way or he couldn't bring food to keep me alive, or just to torture me apparently out of pure pleasure. Neither my spells nor my enchanted sword can harm the cage."

Merri looks around carefully and locates a place next to the force cage, about five feet away, that looks like a footprint with three claws.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Torin - 11-29-2017

Torin casts a Detect MAgic from his wand and checks the force cage, the stranger and everything else in this order. Please roll the necessary spellcraft checks.

In the meantime while we investigate this we should learn some base words in your language e.g.: follow, wait, attack, retreat, ... and also vica versa.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Toot - 11-29-2017

Toot wonders if this is really a prison for this guy or he just hasn't found the exit out.  The air elemental he sent to scout this place out was able to leave.  Maybe it's possible something else triggered this place to block its exit but Lugar hasn't detected anything yet.

Finally a squeak originating from behind a large green mushroom will say, "You lost?  You know where exit is?  Place we entered from not far from here.  Maybe you leave from this place from there?"

Toot then quietly scurries to another mushroom hoping he won't be able to find him to target Toot with any spells or missile weapons.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Silent Giant - 11-30-2017

(11-29-2017, 07:09 PM)Torin Wrote: Torin casts a Detect MAgic from his wand and checks the force cage, the stranger and everything else in this order. Please roll the necessary spellcraft checks.

In the meantime while we investigate this we should learn some base words in your language e.g.: follow, wait, attack, retreat, ... and also vica versa.

Are you sure he is not a bad guy? Why should we trust him?