RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... (/showthread.php?tid=501)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Merrinna Starsong - 11-22-2017

(The problem with Charisma is that most people don't know their score. It seems like the lower your charisma, the more you think of yourself. )

Since nobody seems to want to talk to the creature, Merri decides to try. "We are here on a scouting mission. Are you willing to tell us more about this place?"

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 11-22-2017

The stranger looks up, carefully inspecting Merrinna before answering but only Torin and Toot comprehend the words told in an unknown tongue.
"So you don't speak my language either. Why did I expect any help trapped in an alien land..."

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Toot - 11-24-2017

[OoC: Will update soon. ]

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Silent Giant - 11-24-2017

Giant runs back (140ft) and says. "There is another way on the north".

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 11-24-2017

"Tell some news," Lugar grunts, not averting his eyes from the stranger.

Shanna, on the other hand, is startled by Giant's noisy appearance. "We are trying to talk here. But apparently he can't understand. He seems to have arcane roots, what if--" she muses.
Then she proceeds with repeating Merrinna's sentence in Draconic, Ignan, and Celestial, to no avail.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Toot - 11-24-2017

[OoC:  I made a mistake with my last post.  It doesn't make any sense to toss Merri my helmet because it only allows people to understand languages, not speak them.  So if the DM allows, I would like to edit my last post.]

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Silent Giant - 11-24-2017

(11-24-2017, 01:49 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: "Tell some news," Lugar grunts, not averting his eyes from the stranger.

Shanna, on the other hand, is startled by Giant's noisy appearance. "We are trying to talk here. But apparently he can't understand. He seems to have arcane roots, what if--" she muses.
Then she proceeds with repeating Merrinna's sentence in Draconic, Ignan, and Celestial, to no avail.

I didn't find tracks of a dragon here. - he answers to Lugar - But we can go north.
Talking? Okay. - he shrugs
Hey you! Who are you and what are you doing here? - he asks and goes a bit closer (20ft)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Torin - 11-24-2017

Torin gives his Comprehend Languages wand to Merrinna and tell him what is it and after repeates its command word 3 times. He waits that Merrinna used it and takes it back and brings the wand to the stranger, he also repeats 3 times the command word here.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 11-24-2017

OOC @Toot - yeah that's fine.
OOC @Torin - clever! Assuming Merri took the lead...

The stranger stands up as Torin approaches.
However, as Torin is about to step just about within arm's reach to him, he rebounds from some invisible force that gives off orange sparks.
The momentary flash of orange light looks like a kind of force cage to those familiar in the ways of the arcane (Spellcraft DC10, will mark the perimeter of the "cage" on the map):
Something like this:
[Image: Monster_Bone_Prison.jpg]
but without the town portal of course...
Torin recoils from the pain (-10hp nonlethal damage).

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Torin - 11-24-2017

In this case Torin puts his wand to the ground and steps back and repeats the command word.