RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... (/showthread.php?tid=501)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Merrinna Starsong - 10-04-2017

Like Merri would think enough of a dark dwarf to even care what he thinks of her. "Who is afraid, Giant? Not inciting something to attack you is not fear, just good sense. If they are not going to bother with us, we should just move on past them. We have bigger problems in front of us."

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Silent Giant - 10-04-2017

(10-04-2017, 10:47 AM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: Like Merri would think enough of a dark dwarf to even care what he thinks of her.  "Who is afraid, Giant?  Not inciting something to attack you is not fear, just good sense.  If they are not going to bother with us, we should just move on past them.  We have bigger problems in front of us."

Huh, as I said. - he shrugs and goes forward 10ft. again.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 10-04-2017

Getting back to the lead with Giant, Lugar returns to his stealthy form. There's some kind of unexpected grace in his movement that makes Merri think about the rogue's possible relationship with elves. (OOC - not sure if he's ever told the party about his past... if he has then Merri probably realises where this grace comes from)

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Toot - 10-11-2017

Toot will explain to Boo that he wants him to carefully but quickly move to where Giant and the Dwarf have move to.  He will then toss some string to the elves and says, "You'll want to hang onto the other end so you don't get lost"  Toot then squat down low in his saddle and then summons a wand from his haversack.  Toot spurts Boo to move [to where I put Toot's token] a little North with the elves and dwarf in tow.  He will point his wand and squeaks the word, "Flatus!"  Toot then tugs a little on the string then moves another 15' through the mist and whispers, "Flatus!" again.  Tugging on the string again, he will sneak out of the mist behind Lugar.

[OoC: Toot will use his wand of Obscuring Mist to create 20' radius circle of mist around him at the point where I placed Toot on the map.  Then he will move up to and then cast another Obscuring Mist at the intersection that Boo's nose is pointing at.  That should extend the radius of the Mist so it ends 5' behind Lugar (the NON-green guy).  Please note that I am riding Boo.  I just used his nose to pinpoint where I'm placing the second spell.  Because even though it says it has a 20' range, it also says the mist arises around you; and it spreads in a 20' radius from you.  I'm going to assume they mean the range to the EDGE of the mist is 20' and not that Toot can place the center point anywhere in a 20' radius. The placement should also make sure the Mantis aren't touched by the mist.]

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 10-11-2017

OOC - yes, in area-effect cases the range is the limit of the effect (unless otherwise noted) and not the limit of the point of origin. So it's always centered on you and spreads 20 feet. I placed two translucent blobs to mark the spreads. Comment on them if you wanted them elsewhere...

Toot invokes two clouds of mist while riding Boo and the mantis seem not to be concerned the slightest bit.
If Merri and Torin follow the line the doodid offered they can do so and specify the exact path they are willing to choose; Shanna (OOC - DMPC'ing her for the time being) tags along, feeling safest around more humanoids, at least compared to oversized insects.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Merrinna Starsong - 10-11-2017

Merri follows along, but she is not counting out the bug yet.

(I don't recall ever hearing any of Lugar's past. She's a good team player, but she's not overly friendly. )

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Toot - 10-12-2017

[OoC: It probably doesn't matter but in case it does, the second Obscuring Mist should be 5' toward Toot so it's right behind him instead of being 5' behind him where it is now.]

As the others make their way through the mist, Toot rolls the string back into a ball and tucks it back into his Haversack.  "Me feeling little suspicious of why mantises are sitting where they're sitting.  Weird that of all places they sit directly across from each other.  Toot concerned mantises will block path if dragon makes us run from him."

[OoC: Toot will continue to make spot and listen (Both +7) checks for anything out of the ordinary, including the Mantis.  They are showing signs of life, right?  They aren't statues or some other deception are they?]

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Toot - 10-17-2017

Huh

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - Torin - 10-18-2017

(10-11-2017, 07:55 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC - yes, in area-effect cases the range is the limit of the effect (unless otherwise noted) and not the limit of the point of origin. So it's always centered on you and spreads 20 feet. I placed two translucent blobs to mark the spreads. Comment on them if you wanted them elsewhere...

Toot invokes two clouds of mist while riding Boo and the mantis seem not to be concerned the slightest bit.
If Merri and Torin follow the line the doodid offered they can do so and specify the exact path they are willing to choose; Shanna (OOC - DMPC'ing her for the time being) tags along, feeling safest around more humanoids, at least compared to oversized insects.

Torin follows the line he holds the string in his right arm.

RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - DM Surranó - 10-19-2017

Toot has hard time telling whether a gargantuan insect is breathing or not but the doodid knows all too well that any mantis can sit immobile for a very, very long time, waiting for the prey to get close enough...

Merri and Torin manage to pass the obscured area, unharmed by the giant insects.