RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Into the Fire - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: The Last Knight (DM Man in Black) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=101)
+---- Thread: Into the Fire (/showthread.php?tid=488)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Into the Fire - Garlen Veir - 03-16-2018

Karstchuckles, and comments to the Wookie, just loud enough to be heard over the din.
"Think maybe I should bet on him next time, Rong?"

RE: Into the Fire - Man in Black - 03-23-2018

The bald guy looks over at Nova with a sneer. "Chrome dome? You got a problem with me little girl?"

The devaronian intercedes. "This is not the place, Skald. Only the contestants. You know the consequences." He turns to Nova. "If you can convince your furry friend to participate, I can schedule something for him."

Skald growls at Nova as he leaves. "Better watch your back."

RE: Into the Fire - Korstyn Steele - 03-23-2018

Korstyn watches the girl get threatened and steps over towards the bald guy, stepping directly into his path away from the argument.

“Watch your step, shun’cerud.”

She simply stares him down after saying those four simple words that even a simpleton like he could comprehend.

Intimidation: [4d6+2] = 14+2 = 16

RE: Into the Fire - Nova - 03-25-2018

Nova didn't realize she had been holding her breath — until after Rahullu's fiery-haired cellmate interceded on her behalf. Once the sigh of relief came and she finally exhaled, Nova peered out from around the intimidating woman's shoulder, and pointed a finger at the bald, scarred man that had threatened her. You better watch your back, Nova wanted to answer in retort. Instead, all she managed to say aloud was, "Oh yeah?"  

Then, putting her hands on her hips, Nova nodded at the Devaronian and said, as confidently as she could, "My Wookiee friend won't need much convincing — I just hope Big Purple's ego can take going 0-for-2 against him is all." 

Privately, she pondered what exactly the horn-headed being had warned his hot-headed comrade against. The Devaronian managed the brawling and bettors, but the inmates involved were still subject to consequences. Were they just talking about punishment from the guards for stirring things up outside of sanctioned bouts? Moreover, how could the Jedi just let this bloodsport go on? How could he just sit idly by and watch people get beaten to a pulp as inmates traded credits. That is, if he were even here at all....

Once "Skald" walked away, Nova turned to Korstyn, and with a bit of bravado and obvious irony
in the tone of her voice, said, "I had it all under control..." then softly, "... but yikes, thank you."

RE: Into the Fire - Korstyn Steele - 03-25-2018

Korstyn simply turns to Nova and responds, completely deadpan "Of course you did."

Then she turns back to watching the 'festivities' some more

RE: Into the Fire - Man in Black - 03-27-2018

The bald man sneers at Korstyn in response as he walks by. The devaronian thanks the crowd for coming to tonight's event and approaches Nova afterward. "If you can talk your friend into it, there will be a small fee for you to collect as his manager." He then glances at Korstyn. "You look like you can handle yourself in a fight. Let me know." He leaves with the rest of the crowd.

(You all have some time between scenes if you want to do any investigating, talking, planning, etc. It'll be a few days.)

RE: Into the Fire - Nova - 04-01-2018

In answer to the Devaronian, Nova tried to channel the green-eyed gazes of all the lowlives she'd met during her brief career as a Rebel. "Now you're speaking my language," she said — hopefully with some conviction. Once "Skald" and the Devaronian were out of earshot, Nova made her way back over to Rahullu and Veir. 

She walks up to the Wookiee and scruffs his fur, "Thought I was in trouble for a second there, but your roommate bailed me out, Rog. And guess what? I'm your new manager! I'm even on friendly bargaining terms with the devil... well, with a Devaronian at least. And that purple fella seemed a lot tougher this time out. But why would he have gone "easy" on you before? Aren't you supposed to make sure the new guys know who's boss so that they stay in line? Maybe he's taking adrenal-stims or something now? I don't know. Still, if you move up the ranks, we stand a better chance of getting some answers, no? Are you willing to tussle with that guy again? What do you guys think?"

OOC: Between scenes, Nova will try to tail the old lady who stood out earlier. If she can, Nova will also try to keep tabs on the Devaronian, or will ask one of the guys to — seeing if he disappears and/or pops up in strange places, what he's up to at meal times, and if he seems to have any visible special privileges. She will steer clear of the bald man, but will put on "tough" airs when he is present. 

RE: Into the Fire - Jendu Verbenti - 04-05-2018

(03-16-2018, 03:11 PM)Nova Wrote: With that, Nova stood up and headed toward the woman across the way, pausing only briefly to look back over her shoulder to ask, wryly,
"Tibbs, you think you and that pretty face can charm some answers out of yet another audience?"

Tibbs shutters at the thought of what creature she was going to pimp him out to this time.  When he notices her heading toward the old woman he says, "You know, octogenarians are not really my thing."  But he will follow behind her anyways.

RE: Into the Fire - Rahullu - 04-05-2018

(04-01-2018, 12:54 AM)Nova Wrote:
In answer to the Devaronian, Nova tried to channel the green-eyed gazes of all the lowlives she'd met during her brief career as a Rebel. "Now you're speaking my language," she said — hopefully with some conviction. Once "Skald" and the Devaronian were out of earshot, Nova made her way back over to Rahullu and Veir. 

She walks up to the Wookiee and scruffs his fur, "Thought I was in trouble for a second there, but your roommate bailed me out, Rog. And guess what? I'm your new manager! I'm even on friendly bargaining terms with the devil... well, with a Devaronian at least. And that purple fella seemed a lot tougher this time out. But why would he have gone "easy" on you before? Aren't you supposed to make sure the new guys know who's boss so that they stay in line? Maybe he's taking adrenal-stims or something now? I don't know. Still, if you move up the ranks, we stand a better chance of getting some answers, no? Are you willing to tussle with that guy again? What do you guys think?"

OOC: Between scenes, Nova will try to tail the old lady who stood out earlier. If she can, Nova will also try to keep tabs on the Devaronian, or will ask one of the guys to — seeing if he disappears and/or pops up in strange places, what he's up to at meal times, and if he seems to have any visible special privileges. She will steer clear of the bald man, but will put on "tough" airs when he is present. 

The wookie noods to Bandit one "wuuh aguhwwgggghhh wrrhw uughghhhgh uugggh raaaaaahhgh huuguughghg aaaaahnr uughghhhgh uuh wrrhwrwwhw huurh raaaaaahhgh huuguughghg raaaaaahhgh aaahnruh huurh aarrragghuuhw aarrragghuuhw huuguughghg uughguughhhghghghhhgh uughghhhgh hnnnhrrhhh  for those who speak shyriwook he says"Sure thing boss. I think i can take him 6 out of ten 10 times, i think he held back not beeing in the ring, mabye. Dont know why thou...Also we could use cash, whats the profit for fighting?"

RE: Into the Fire - Rahullu - 04-05-2018

(03-16-2018, 08:26 PM)Garlen Veir Wrote: Karstchuckles, and comments to the Wookie, just loud enough to be heard over the din.
"Think maybe I should bet on him next time, Rong?"

Rahullu looks at bandit X (sorry dont remember your number)   aarrragghuuhw raaaaaahhgh aarrragghuuhw uughguughhhghghghhhgh aguhwwgggghhh huurh aarrragghuuhw huuguughghg huurh uggguh aaaaahnr raaaaaahhgh aaahnruh uughghhhgh" in shyriwook "well that depends if you wanna play the odds or not i think we are kinda even."