RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
Into the Fire - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: The Last Knight (DM Man in Black) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=101)
+---- Thread: Into the Fire (/showthread.php?tid=488)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Into the Fire - Man in Black - 08-10-2017

*holds Nova over the Sarlacc pit by her toes* Are you going to behave now? There will be no pointing out my use of literary devices here, my dear. :p

By train, I mean 'train of inmates,' not the choo-choo kind.

RE: Into the Fire - Nova - 08-10-2017

(08-10-2017, 08:55 AM)Man in Black Wrote: *holds Nova over the Sarlacc pit by her toes*  Are you going to behave now?  There will be no pointing out my use of literary devices here, my dear. :p

By train, I mean 'train of inmates,' not the choo-choo kind.

OOC: Heh. As another great starship captain once said, "I aim to misbehave." ;-)
But my bad about the train. I was thrown off by "the train takes you to place X", 
and thought, "Yikes this prison is ENORMOUS. I see it now though — AND I will
still keep an eye on that old man!

RE: Into the Fire - Man in Black - 08-11-2017

(Sometimes and old man is just an old man, and sometimes he's a Jedi Master. It's hard to tell because they all dress like Tatooine moisture farmers. Wink )

RE: Into the Fire - Nova - 08-11-2017

As Nova looks around while slowly plugging bits into a circuit board, she tries to strike up a conversation with any neighboring strangers.

OOC: Are the Bandits' workstations grouped together? If not, Nova will try talking to the least hostile inmate(s) in the immediate vicinity.

Nova cracks a half-smile as she speaks, but without looking away from the tedious task in front of her. "How does one old man get away
with nap-time while we slave away? I mean, we just dusted that giant nerfherder and his cronies. Why don't I get to put my feet up like
that rusty Old Republic relic back there does, huh? Dozing all day...."

RE: Into the Fire - Jendu Verbenti - 08-12-2017

Jendu will note the old man and wonder why he wasn't being put to work.  Age is possible but Jendu didn't sense from any of the guards that they were the sympathetic type.  The young senator tries to position himself in the line so he can get a good view of the old man's cell.  If he can, he thoroughly looks over they sleeping man and the cell he was sleeping in to see if he can notice anything strange.

[OoC:  Perception: 3d6 = 13; If allowed extra time: 1d6 = 1 Dodgy ]

[OoC2: If sense is possible: 3d6 =  8; If allowed extra time: 1d6: 4 ]

[OoC: I'm at work and attaching links to text doesn't work.  But here is the link to my roll: http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=125439&macid=0 ]

When working, Jendu will go out of his way to chat up some of the other inmates and try to con them into believing he is a trustworthy person and someone they could count on when trouble goes down.

[OoC: Con is 4d6. I didn't roll because I didn't know how many I needed, if I'm allowed to use Con in this way at all.]

RE: Into the Fire - Man in Black - 08-12-2017

Since everyone moved in together, the Rebels are all close. Nobody cares enough to try and separate them. There are other inmates close enough to try and chat with, though nobody seems interested in doing so. In answer to her question, a convict merely shrugs and says, "just lucky, I guess."

RE: Into the Fire - Rahullu - 08-12-2017

Rahullu asks the other Bandits"uughguughhhghghghhhgh aaaaahnr uuh uugggh uughguughhhghghghhhgh uughghhhgh raaaaaahhgh aaaaahnr uughghhhgh huuguughghg huuguughghg huuguughghg aguhwwgggghhh huurh huurh huurh aarrragghuuhw uggguh uughguughhhghghghhhgh huuguughghg aaaaahnr huurh wuuh aarrragghuuhw wrrhwrwwhw."

"So what you think about that od geezer, not working, age ore something else, respond with pulling your ear for age and scratching your shin for other. I think he needs cheeking out if not only for how long hes been here, he might have varuable intell"

RE: Into the Fire - Nova - 08-14-2017

Nova shrugged — seemingly in answer to the inmate's earlier comments, and not to Rahullu's rumbling.

Then she resumed playing at "thinking aloud," addressing everyone within earshot, but also no one in particular.  

Although the other prisoners didn't exactly seem interested in in-depth conversation, at least they were willing to volunteer some basic info.

"What's grandpapi's name anyway?" Nova asked, laughing ruefully... as she absent-mindedly scratched her shin.
"I mean, maybe if I ask nicely, that old ghost'll let us in on how he got so lucky."

RE: Into the Fire - Lillycat - 08-15-2017

Tiktuk boards the train with the rest. Her little feet moving much faster than everyone else's to keep up.

Once at the plant Tiktuk actually manages to make it so that every 3rd board that goes through her station does not work by very sneakily damaging a random component on it. (Do I need to roll anything given my engineering skill here?)

RE: Into the Fire - Man in Black - 08-16-2017

(Again, the train was a line of prisoners, not the choo-choo variety. I need to be more careful with my word choice. Make an easy computer repair roll to see if you can make it subtle enough to pass QA and a Dex roll in case anyone is watching.)

The inmate doesn't give up a name, but replies, "lucky? Dunno. This beats the crushing boredom of hanging out in a cell all day."