RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees (/showthread.php?tid=471)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - DM Surranó - 05-05-2017

The elk seems to be ignorant of Portho's approach.
"Fine grass is here, you can also eat, watch out for the big one. Warn and flee."

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Silent Giant - 05-05-2017

(05-04-2017, 10:36 PM)Torin Wrote:
(05-04-2017, 11:22 AM)Silent Giant Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 09:46 PM)Torin Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 02:35 PM)Silent Giant Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 12:45 PM)Lugar Wrote: OoC - I thought it was just going to be the two, Toot and Portho.
OOC - Me to, but nobody said it to Giant yet Wink

- You must stay with me, coz my spell bind us closely.

ooc - Torin didn't cast the spell yet Tongue

Hm? How closely? - (ooc - very closely Smile)

Torin leaves 35 (ooc - 35 is not a typo Big Grin ) feet from SG and says: - You have to stay so close.

OMG! - he scrapes his tongue and stays near to Torin

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Toot - 05-05-2017

Toot didn't want to do anything to startle the Elk so he slowly turns his head to look at Portho and whispers, "You know we don't have all day!  Get the lead out of your britches and ask it some questions!"  Toot then squeaks under his breath, "Dammit, you have two speeds -- Stop and damn near stop!"

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - DM Surranó - 05-09-2017

Portho continues the smalltalk with the elk for some minutes, even going as far as mimicking her movements of grazing to feel at ease then motions to Toot to return to the party.

Once the small folk are back, Portho summarises what he learned.
"The animals came here to have 'fresh' water but this is very dangerous because there is a 'very hungry beast' that 'comes from water' at least twice a day, but not in regular times. It 'looks like a lizard but flies like a bird'. She indicated the river to the east."

He emphasises the words that are direct quotes of the conversation; at least, as much as that primitive language can be translated to common.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Merrinna Starsong - 05-09-2017

[1d20+16] = 6+16 = 22

"That does not sound typical. Do green dragons swim?" She asks the question out loud as she tries to remember some of the odd facts she has learned about dragons.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - DM Surranó - 05-09-2017

Merri can't recall this information and this time the versatile gnome also shrugs.
"I've heard a story of a thousand-year-old green dragon who nested behind a waterfall but can't recall her name, nor whether she could swim."

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Silent Giant - 05-09-2017

(05-09-2017, 09:17 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Merri can't recall this information and this time the versatile gnome also shrugs.
"I've heard a story of a thousand-year-old green dragon who nested behind a waterfall but can't recall her name, nor whether she could swim."

Huh, of course he can swim, he had thousand years to learn it. I am not so old and powerful like a dragon but I can swim too.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Shanna Rendin - 05-09-2017

Shanna rolls her eyes. As she has proven herself to be the resident expert on dragons, especially greens, it made total sense that they did not even ask her. Well, if they were interested more in speculation than fact, she wasn't going to correct them on it.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Merrinna Starsong - 05-10-2017

"By that logic ancient sea wyrms should be wandering around on land because they have been around awhile, but your point is not that far off the mark. I can think of no other creature that resides in the water and burns foliage. Of course, green dragons breathe poison, not acid. Anyhow, the burning question now is how do you ambush something under water?"

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Silent Giant - 05-10-2017

(05-10-2017, 11:19 AM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: "By that logic ancient sea wyrms should be wandering around on land because they have been around awhile, but your point is not that far off the mark.  I can think of no other creature that resides in the water and burns foliage.  Of course, green dragons breathe poison, not acid.  Anyhow, the burning question now is how do you ambush something under water?"

You know, Narakai and that goblin with his dire bat have some water breathing stuff... But they aren't here when we need them.