RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees (/showthread.php?tid=471)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Toot - 07-28-2017

[OoC: Toot will also cast Goodberry again to get more berries.  Wow... I rolled 3.   Dodgy ]

[OoC:  I might as well roll Spell Resistance... And rolled the same as I did before... 18   Angry  ]

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Toot - 07-28-2017

Toot returns from his scrying and says with a shrug, "His magic resistance was too great for me to overcome.  If me knew if he had a friendly creature with him then I could have targeted that creature instead but me don't think he has many friends."  Toot looks at the Fey.  "Does he have any friends, guards or companions known to you?"

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - DM Surranó - 07-31-2017

Cranberry shakes her head.
"None that we know of. "

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Toot - 07-31-2017

"Alright then," Toot replies with with a hint of discouragement in his squeaky voice.  "Me guess if there is nothing else then we can start our hunt."

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Silent Giant - 08-01-2017

(07-31-2017, 03:16 PM)Toot Wrote: "Alright then," Toot replies with with a hint of discouragement in his squeaky voice.  "Me guess if there is nothing else then we can start our hunt."

Yeah, finally, starts the hunt!

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Merrinna Starsong - 08-02-2017

Now that she has had plenty of time to think, the more fear of dying has been sinking in. She still hadn't gotten over her first death. Still, she wouldn't let it show or stop her. She put on a brave face, retrieved all her gear, and set out on the hunt with the others.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - DM Surranó - 08-02-2017

So the party sets out and walk over to the lakeside. What next?

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Silent Giant - 08-02-2017

(08-02-2017, 08:45 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: So the party sets out and walk over to the lakeside. What next?

Blink, spot, blink, listen, blink, track, blink, spot, blink, listen, blink, track, blink, etc.

Looking for a way to go behind the waterfall. Can we climb from one side?

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - DM Surranó - 08-03-2017

The cliff's face can be climbed, a tough climb (DC25) while dry and gets even tougher (DC30) as you reach the area that is wet from the spray of the waterfall.
Rowing with a boat right next to the cliff is possible, using some kind of anchor to get attached to the cliff to avoid the boat being washed away by the turbulent waters next to the waterfall.
Straining his eyes, Giant thinks that the cave entrance is about ten feet wide and it's on the water level so that even someone could swim across. He can also imagine that it's not the entrance that he can see from here but an indentation from the eroding power of the waterfall, and once behind the waterfall, the true entrance should be an easy climb.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Silent Giant - 08-03-2017

(08-03-2017, 08:17 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: The cliff's face can be climbed, a tough climb (DC25) while dry and gets even tougher (DC30) as you reach the area that is wet from the spray of the waterfall.
Rowing with a boat right next to the cliff is possible, using some kind of anchor to get attached to the cliff to avoid the boat being washed away by the turbulent waters next to the waterfall.
Straining his eyes, Giant thinks that the cave entrance is about ten feet wide and it's on the water level so that even someone could swim across. He can also imagine that it's not the entrance that he can see from here but an indentation from the eroding power of the waterfall, and once behind the waterfall, the true entrance should be an easy climb.

How far is the "cave entrance" from the lakeside, from our position?

SG is volunteering to swim across first if no other suggestion. He starts to prepare.