RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees (/showthread.php?tid=471)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Silent Giant - 05-14-2017

I doesn't trust them too. They knew who is his neighbor but didn't tell us. They offered us nothing.

You know dragons. What do you think can we visit him and talk with him without fight? We should explore his lair someway.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Shanna Rendin - 05-14-2017

Shanna frowns thoughtfully and shakes her head.  "Green Dragons are notoriously temperamental.  They will initiate a fight with little to no provocation.  They like to...play with their food, striking fear in a weaker opponent or controlling a humanoid through intimidation or suggestion.  It might decide to question us about what is going on in the nearby world before attacking us, but I doubt it would offer or accept parley.  I've already spoken my piece about trying to enter its lair.  I don't like the idea, but it may be our only option as we could be waiting here for it for days."

"In any case...I still believe that we should first speak to the fey and tell them what has been plaguing their lands."
That way, we can rub it in their faces a little if they decide not to aid us in defeating it.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - DM Surranó - 05-14-2017

The wind turns a bit, blowing from the east now. Boo raises his head, sniffing the air, and grunts,
"He says he smells blood to the east," Portho translates.
From his behaviour, Boo's master deduces that he must feel the scent of several dead bodies, and not just someone or something bleeding.

The river is about 200 yards to the east, too far from your vantage point to see the banks clearly but probably close enough for the bear's sensitive nostrils.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Silent Giant - 05-16-2017

(05-14-2017, 06:39 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: The wind turns a bit, blowing from the east now. Boo raises his head, sniffing the air, and grunts,
From his behaviour, Boo's master deduces that he must feel the scent of several dead bodies, and not just someone or something bleeding.

The river is about 200 yards to the east, too far from your vantage point to see the banks clearly but probably close enough for the bear's sensitive nostrils.

Fresh blood. - He says and hides behind a cover. He is readying his bow and watching to the east.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Merrinna Starsong - 05-16-2017

Merri sends her familiar to investigate.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - DM Surranó - 05-16-2017

Wendy flies there and back again, reporting,
"Lots of dead animals there. Not eaten."
OOC - I never would've imagined that an air elemental is less intelligent than a specific half-orc.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Torin - 05-16-2017

(05-11-2017, 05:57 PM)Toot Wrote: "Me could learn Water Breathing spell but not until morning.  Right now me do have a Resist Energy which can be attuned to any type of energy including acid.  Too bad Toot only have one Resist spell right now."

[OoC: As an 8th level caster, Resist Energy would grant, Resist Acid 20 and last for 80 min or 160 min extended.]

"Me also could learn Freedom of Movement and Control Water (lowering it 16'), but only Water Breathing can be cast on more then one person."

[OoC: Toot would have to memorize 6 Freedom of movements (4th) which isn't possible because he only has 3 slots and 6 Resist Energy (2nd) which also isn't possible (4 slots).  There's also Protection from Energy (3rd; Absorbs 96 damage; 4 slots).  Toot could split the protections between 2nd and 3rd levels where some people get Resist 20 and others absorb 96 damage but only 3 people could have Freedom of Movement.

Does anyone have anything that could help?]

- I could get the same spells and have a Resist Energy at now. I could transform our giant to a big bird (ooc - Fly Big Grin ). But or goal is to "find" the butcher. Imho the best tactic is that if we avoid the fight and much better if we avoid the direct contact too.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Shanna Rendin - 05-17-2017

Shanna nods to Torin's words  "Dragons also have teeth.  And claws.  And massive wings.  And massive size.  And magic.  This will not be some simple one-dimensional threat.  We should attack it at a time and in a place of our choosing and with preparation.  It already has enough advantages over us without us ceding those as well."

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Silent Giant - 05-17-2017

(05-16-2017, 07:40 AM)Silent Giant Wrote:
(05-14-2017, 06:39 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: The wind turns a bit, blowing from the east now. Boo raises his head, sniffing the air, and grunts,

Fresh blood. - He says and hides behind a cover. He is readying his bow and watching to the east.

If he see nothing from his cover and nothing new happens then he finds a tree and climbs up to watch the east.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Merrinna Starsong - 05-17-2017

Merri describes her familiar's report to the group. "Trees are not going to help us in a fight. We need to scout its lair before it finds us out here twiddling our thumbs." She looks to the two dwarves. "Can you find any caverns that would be suitable for a dragon, perhaps behind that waterfall?"