RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees (/showthread.php?tid=471)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Silent Giant - 05-11-2017

Giant looks around. He is looking for a good place where we can hide and observe the lake and the waterfall.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Silent Giant - 05-11-2017

(05-10-2017, 01:14 PM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: Shanna, at this point, is fed up with the supposition.  They had had their fun playing around with dragon fantasies and it was time for her to finally speak up and provide some dragon facts.

"If you wished to know more about green dragons, all you had to do was ask me.  

What will do the green dragon if he sees the cylinder? Can't he go into?

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - DM Surranó - 05-11-2017

Based on how large the beast that left the tracks must be, it is probably larger than the cylinder in all dimensions. Whether it can fit, though, is hard to tell since you don't even know whether a 20-foot-long snake could slither its way through or not.
You can roll a hide check to see if you can find such spot, with +2 circumstance bonus since you are purposefully looking for it and not hiding in an "ad-hoc" way.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - DM Surranó - 05-11-2017

OOC - Contemplating ....

(04-25-2017, 09:36 PM)Lugar Wrote:  Lugar is quietly thinking about hiding his shiny valuable magic items, having heard legends of a dragon's desire for wealth and how they could sack an entire dwarven stronghold.

... and doing the deed.

(05-10-2017, 03:57 PM)Lugar Wrote: He tucks his mithril axe under his cloak.  ~I wonder if dragon's can smell gold~

seems you are really concerned about your wealth Wink

(05-11-2017, 08:35 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Based on how large the beast that left the tracks must be, it is probably larger than the cylinder in all dimensions. Whether it can fit, though, is hard to tell since you don't even know whether a 20-foot-long snake could slither its way through or not.
You can roll a hide check to see if you can find such spot, with +2 circumstance bonus since you are purposefully looking for it and not hiding in an "ad-hoc" way.

SG [1d20+5] = 14+5 = 19 hide

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Shanna Rendin - 05-11-2017

(05-11-2017, 07:57 AM)Silent Giant Wrote:
(05-10-2017, 01:14 PM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: Shanna, at this point, is fed up with the supposition.  They had had their fun playing around with dragon fantasies and it was time for her to finally speak up and provide some dragon facts.

"If you wished to know more about green dragons, all you had to do was ask me.  

What will do the green dragon if he sees the cylinder? Can't he go into?

"It's a dragon.  It can use magic.  Anything is truly possible.  In fact, that may be a simple illusion and the true entrance is somewhere else.  Or else there may be multiple entrances and switchbacks to reach its lair."

(05-10-2017, 03:57 PM)Lugar Wrote: He tucks his mithril axe under his cloak.  ~I wonder if dragon's can smell gold~

Shanna sighs "You seem to be quite protective of your belongings with the knowledge of a dragon swooping around.  Perhaps you're too worried the dragon will come swooping in and nick it from you, hmm?  Perhaps you should be focused on coming up with a way of slaying the dragon, or throwing this 'key' into its 'sea'...whatever that means."

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Toot - 05-11-2017

"Me could learn Water Breathing spell but not until morning.  Right now me do have a Resist Energy which can be attuned to any type of energy including acid.  Too bad Toot only have one Resist spell right now."

[OoC: As an 8th level caster, Resist Energy would grant, Resist Acid 20 and last for 80 min or 160 min extended.]

"Me also could learn Freedom of Movement and Control Water (lowering it 16'), but only Water Breathing can be cast on more then one person."

[OoC: Toot would have to memorize 6 Freedom of movements (4th) which isn't possible because he only has 3 slots and 6 Resist Energy (2nd) which also isn't possible (4 slots).  There's also Protection from Energy (3rd; Absorbs 96 damage; 4 slots).  Toot could split the protections between 2nd and 3rd levels where some people get Resist 20 and others absorb 96 damage but only 3 people could have Freedom of Movement.

Does anyone have anything that could help?]

(05-11-2017, 05:57 PM)Toot Wrote: "Me could learn Water Breathing spell but not until morning.  Right now me do have a Resist Energy which can be attuned to any type of energy including acid.  Too bad Toot only have one Resist spell right now."

[OoC: As an 8th level caster, Resist Energy would grant, Resist Acid 20 and last for 80 min or 160 min extended.]

"Me also could learn Freedom of Movement and Control Water (lowering it 16'), but only Water Breathing can be cast on more then one person."

[OoC: Toot would have to memorize 6 Freedom of movements (4th) which isn't possible because he only has 3 slots and 6 Resist Energy (2nd) which also isn't possible (4 slots).  There's also Protection from Energy (3rd; Absorbs 96 damage; 4 slots).  Toot could split the protections between 2nd and 3rd levels where some people get Resist 20 and others absorb 96 damage but only 3 people could have Freedom of Movement.

Does anyone have anything that could help?]

OOC - So we have to wait in a hidden place and peek him or speak with him. We have no chance to beat him but he doesn't know how powerful are we. We have arrived via teleport (cylinder) so he can thought we are more powerful. Maybe we can ask him few question before he eats us. Why has he changed?  Why has he killed so many animals? Or we have to send only one delegate with high diplomacy Smile We have to focus on "key and sea" to resolve the riddle.

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - DM Surranó - 05-12-2017

OOC - I'm waiting for some decisive action, we have some neat ideas already. If you'd like to discuss it in detail, you can also do so in OOC thread and once settled one person can write IC what the party does (and from that point on everyone can add their tidbits, me included).

RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - Merrinna Starsong - 05-12-2017

Merri looks at Shanna. "If you have something important to add to the discussion, speak. Waiting for someone to ask you is a needless waste of time."

She turns to the group as a whole. "Now, going back to the fairy and telling them we believe it to be a dragon would be fruitless. Were they capable or willing to assist, they would. We will have to face this beast, regardless. It will not leave without a show of power from us or perhaps a bribe of some sort. Since we lack the resources to buy off a dragon, we are left with the former. We are a group of many talents. I am certain that we can work together to defeat the dragon. I have two thoughts on this. We know it comes from the river. Perhaps luring some of the animals in the area near it, we can draw out the dragon and ambush it while it is targeting them. The other option is to investigate the water fall for a cave system that would comfortably hold it. We would likely lose any surprise, but we would negate its flight advantage. I would defer to our two dwarves in the possibility of caves." She looks at Lugar and Torin.