RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings (/showthread.php?tid=344)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Silent Giant - 09-13-2016

(09-12-2016, 05:07 AM)Toot Wrote: Toot was getting perturbed.  He had asked a couple of questions but he's been completely ignored.  Typical, just typical.  Big folk are so predictable.  Boo huffs slightly. 

"Hellooo," Toot interrupts.  "Me sorry to bother yous but me have asked several questions like how you use pillar of light to escape if you think it one way; what's this Sea of Hate; what more you tell me of creature and location of creature; and how did the lightning effect the creature?  I also would like to know how tall creature?  What weapons it uses?  How long arms [Reach]?  How fast?  Or anything else that might be important.  Me not going in to confront creature blind.  Me want to be prepared as possible.  Otherwise me hope yous have shovels cuz me not going anywhere near big scary monster to cast spells to build Pit Trap."

It reaches everyone by a big step in the room. (5-foot step). It is much taller than me (large) and it has a large greatsword. After the statue was affected by that lightning thing it was a bit slower but still powerful.
We had more chance to survive underwater.
Now it's time to kick it's ass and hunt more undead. Everyone is ready?

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - DM Surranó - 09-13-2016

(09-12-2016, 05:07 AM)Toot Wrote: Toot was getting perturbed.  He had asked a couple of questions but he's been completely ignored.  Typical, just typical.  Big folk are so predictable.  Boo huffs slightly. 

"Hellooo," Toot interrupts.  "Me sorry to bother yous but me have asked several questions like how you use pillar of light to escape if you think it one way; what's this Sea of Hate; what more you tell me of creature and location of creature; and how did the lightning effect the creature?  I also would like to know how tall creature?  What weapons it uses?  How long arms [Reach]?  How fast?  Or anything else that might be important.  Me not going in to confront creature blind.  Me want to be prepared as possible.  Otherwise me hope yous have shovels cuz me not going anywhere near big scary monster to cast spells to build Pit Trap."

Maul explains that the pillar of light is two-way but single use only. The party has no firm grip on how exactly does it work; like, does it recognise passers-by (i.e. strangers won't pass); count people on both directions (i.e. four in, four out); have some temporal limitation; etc.
The Sea of Hate is an abstract term describing some embodiment of evil; and somehow tied to the emotion called Hatred. The Key of Hate must be some source of this evil. The only clue about their relationship is the Chant's lyrics, i.e. "throw the first key into the sea of hate"; suggesting that the key is something that can be put (or better; thrown) into the other something.
The priest nods in confirmation upon Giant's answers to the rest of the technicalities.

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Silent Giant - 09-13-2016

OOC - Hey, what are you doing? You have solved the riddle Smile So we have to throw an evil item (hilt, dagger, etc.) into a large group of undead (sea of undead) before they eat Toot's sun.

(09-13-2016, 04:03 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: The Key of Hate must be some source of this evil.

Do you mean the item must be evil, Maul? We have a curved dagger, it is ideal to throw. Can you examine it's alignment?

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Lugar - 09-13-2016

Lugar is shocked by his companion's leap of logic. "Why, I never knew you had it in you Giant! Good work... Now that I think about it, many things are throwable. A dagger, an insult, a stone, and someone of your strength could probably toss this little gnome too..." He gestures towards Toot.

Ooc - are you guys familiar with Wolverine's and Colossus' Fastball Special? Smile Toot can polymorph into a wolverine!

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Torin - 09-14-2016

(09-07-2016, 01:46 PM)Lugar Wrote: "I'm Lugar Bargrimm, the big scary Duergar you all are afraid of.  Boo!"  He gives the armored dwarf a an ice cold stare.  Fighting the urge to put two bolts into his eyes just for being a dwarf.
(09-10-2016, 02:51 AM)Lugar Wrote: "You don't say much do you nameless Dwarf?  They don't teach you manners under the mountain? What's the matter, never seen a real Duergar before? Hahah!"
He round's up his visor and let to see his big eyes.
- I'm Torin Hillfist from Dharlodir and I know your kind very well. If your heart's feel the light then it's almost impossible to survive, because they sacrificed or executed you. So, I'm going to watch you. You need to prove that your heart is pure.

(09-07-2016, 07:33 AM)Toot Wrote: "As for me not behaving like ordinary gnome, how many ordinary gnomes you know ride bears underground?  And if Dorf must know, me abandoned by Evil Gnomes and then me raised by an eccentric, old, blind, Ooman, Doodid.  So no, Dorf, me not ordinary."  What Toot said wasn't a lie.
(OOC - IMHO this was a lie, because Toot's ancestors was abandoned by gnomes.)

(09-07-2016, 07:33 AM)Toot Wrote: When Torin mentions the extradimensional space as a way to store the body, Toot replies, "Me not believe such spaces stop decay or time.  It not seem to help bear meat to stay fresh for Boo.
(09-07-2016, 06:16 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Maul nods in agreement upon Toot's comment about decay.
"Undead are only part of the concern. Decay is the other part. She's--" he doesn't finish.
- Yes of course this spaces doesn't stop the decay, but could prevent the evil transformation if her body is in pure state.

(09-07-2016, 07:30 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: Witchcraft! - he yells and shoots - Hands up, dwarf! (I see you have rolled, so he have missed him) - This was a warning shot, dwarf! The next will hit between your eyes.
- This was a prayer to my Lady. Okay I understood it, you don't want to feel and hear her charming and warming voice inside your heart. (OOC - Bye-bye healing spells Big Grin)

(09-10-2016, 07:43 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC - while Portho has no idea about what are the exact effects of this blade treat it ...
(09-13-2016, 04:03 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Maul explains that the pillar of light is two-way but single use only. The party has no firm grip on how exactly does it work; like, does it recognise passers-by (i.e. strangers won't pass); count people on both directions (i.e. four in, four out); have some temporal limitation; etc.
(09-13-2016, 08:34 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: Do you mean the item must be evil, Maul? We have a curved dagger, it is ideal to throw. Can you examine it's alignment?
- If you need then I could identify some magical item tomorrow at dawn. Do you know what time is it in this strange place?

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Lugar - 09-15-2016

@Toot: "Giant has the right of it, but If you want to know more about this guardian then come see for yourself.  Just don't enter the room unless you like being mush."

@Torin: "Prove myself? You're wrong, you are the one that needs proving! Don't see weapons in my hands do you?"  Lugar shows his empty hands, momentarily forgetting he's holding the blade-less hilt Portho returned.  "Never mind that.  My heart is about as pure as that piss water humans call ale.  So if you're looking for purity you're looking in the wrong place!"

"What Lady do you worship Hillfist?  Elestraee?"

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Silent Giant - 09-15-2016

(09-14-2016, 03:08 PM)Torin Wrote: - If you need then I could identify some magical item tomorrow at dawn. Do you know what time is it in this strange place?

It's too late, we are in hurry, dwarf. Here is always night and darkness but my stomach says it's dinner time.

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Torin - 09-15-2016

Nope. Liir is my Lady. Ahm ... strange to hear Eilistraee name of your mouth, but it explains a lot ... and this is a good point for you. She is your Lady? She is an exception ...

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - DM Surranó - 09-15-2016

OOC - glad to see that we are getting somewhere... maybe Wink
OOC2 - of all present, only Toot can tell the time of day without further investigation.
OOC3 - No, Toot did not lie. Just worded the sentence deliberately. It's another question though whether the "honest" words are correct or wrong.

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Silent Giant - 09-15-2016

(09-14-2016, 03:08 PM)Torin Wrote:
(09-07-2016, 07:30 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: Witchcraft! - he yells and shoots - Hands up, dwarf! (I see you have rolled, so he have missed him) - This was a warning shot, dwarf! The next will hit between your eyes.
- This was a prayer to my Lady. Okay I understood it, you don't want to feel and hear her charming and warming voice inside your heart. (OOC - Bye-bye healing spells Big Grin)

It has looked like an arcane witchcraft not a prayer. What have you prayed for? Have you beg for your life? I will watch you. If you are a good cleric as you introduce yourself then you will have many possibilities to prove it.