RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
[IC] Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Admin Discussions (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+---- Forum: Keeper of the Seven Keys (DM Surranó) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [IC] Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings (/showthread.php?tid=344)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Silent Giant - 09-06-2016

(09-06-2016, 04:41 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Ooc drop axe, retrieve bow and shoot? That's not nearly fast enough to change the result...

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

OOC1 - Hm? He carries a double axe but his active weapon was his bow last time (http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread.php?tid=344&pid=12292#pid12292). I know he is "disguised" to city guard but I can't remember he has changed it back but maybe he did it if somebody suggested to him. In this case he yells only and readying an attack if somebody attacks us.
OOC2 - He doesn't want to change the result, this is only his reaction if he can see a spellcasting stranger (potential enemy) in such an evil place
OOC3 - I don't know he can recognize spellcasting or not

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Toot - 09-07-2016

[OoC: Still waiting for results of Toot's Spellcraft.]

Quote:- This was a harmless Detect Magic. There is something strange with you. Maybe you are cursed, because an ordinary gnome doesn't behave as you.

Torin then react to Maul's words: (ooc - How can prevent that Merri will became to an undead (without divine magic): Know Arcana/Religion [1d20+8] = 20+8 = 28)
- It's a pity! We should prevent this unholy tranformation if we put her body inside to an extradimensional space e.g. into a Bag of Holding, ...

"Says you," Toot replies. "Who to say what spell you just cast.  What if me said me just cast a spell too?  And my spell says you evil.  See how that works?"  

"As for me not behaving like ordinary gnome, how many ordinary gnomes you know ride bears underground?  And if Dorf must know, me abandoned by Evil Gnomes and then me raised by an eccentric, old, blind, Ooman, Doodid.  So no, Dorf, me not ordinary."  What Toot said wasn't a lie.  According to Jermlaine lore, Jermlaine's were once Gnomes and for reasons, the Gnomes abandon Toot's kind and it was their fault for Jermlaine's physical changes and lowly existence.  Why exactly they were abandoned was lost to history.  Some say Garl Glittergold played a trick upon another Gnome god which caused the race's downfall and change into Jermlaine, while others say they were created by Gnomes as guardians and then abandoned.  Whatever the reason was, Jermlaine blamed and hated Gnomes for their poor lot in life.

When Torin mentions the extradimensional space as a way to store the body, Toot replies, "Me not believe such spaces stop decay or time.  It not seem to help bear meat to stay fresh for Boo.

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Lugar - 09-07-2016

"I see everyone is getting along fine." Lugar calls out sarcastically from the tunnel.  "I hear talk of "holy missions," ancient kingdoms, and something called a "doodad."  It's all very interesting, but if you haven't heard we have a dead friend to return and a "key of hate" to destroy, so if you want to help then help.  If not, then leave.  Oh, you all should know that this ancient place is haunted by evil spirits and there are deadly traps hidden all around."  At this, Lugar finally steps out from the tunnel to stand next to his companions, arms crossed.  "I'm Lugar Bargrimm, the big scary Duergar you all are afraid of.  Boo!" He gives the armored dwarf a an ice cold stare. Fighting the urge to put two bolts into his eyes just for being a dwarf.

(09-07-2016, 01:46 PM)Lugar Wrote: "I see everyone is getting along fine." Lugar calls out sarcastically from the tunnel.  "I hear talk of "holy missions," ancient kingdoms, and something called a "doodad."  It's all very interesting, but if you haven't heard we have a dead friend to return and a "key of hate" to destroy, so if you want to help then help.  If not, then leave.  Oh, you all should know that this ancient place is haunted by evil spirits and there are deadly traps hidden all around."  At this, Lugar finally steps out from the tunnel to stand next to his companions, arms crossed.  "I'm Lugar Bargrimm, the big scary Duergar you all are afraid of.  Boo!"  He gives the armored dwarf a an ice cold stare.  Fighting the urge to put two bolts into his eyes just for being a dwarf.

When the Duergar finally shows himself, Toot thinks, 'Yeesh, Someone fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down... then landed on an ugly rock... face first.'  But then as he finishes his introduction with a 'Boo' noise, the bear suddenly looks toward the Duergar and whimpers in confusion.  "Not you," Toot says in a hushed tone to Boo.  "About time you showed up.  Me have been TRYING to gain help with stopping an undead apocalypse but it seems my magic and background are of greater importance than the end of the world, at least to these two. The evil ones plan to steal the White sun which if I'm not mistaken, without the White son, Undead will not fear the light of day.  There is an eclipse tomorrow.  So if you offering assistance then me gladly accept but we must fulfill all these quests in most efficient order.  Does this Key of Hate have a time sooner than tomorrow for it to be destroyed.  If not then me say the White sun being stolen must be done first!"

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - DM Surranó - 09-07-2016

OOC Toot 1 - yes I was thinking about the concentration part and it can affect what Torin learned-- except that he has such a high AC and Concentration that he had a snowball's chance in hell... and aimed poorly (AC13)
OOC Toot 2 - Two opposing directions, i.e. 6 rounds. This all happened while Toot and Portho and Maul were busy trying to (dis)trust each other....
OOC SG 1 - My mistake, sorry. Then it can be a standard action -- or a full action to fire multiple arrows. Still, he did not declare readying a bow against spellcasting, did he? so it's against concentration and not against casting.
OOC SG 2 - That's completely in character, I had no questions about that.
OOC SG 3 - Yes, he spotted immediately (natural 20 on spot)

Maul nods in agreement upon Toot's comment about decay.
"Undead are only part of the concern. Decay is the other part. She's--" he doesn't finish.

The armorer nods at Toot's comment on priorities.
"We have to find the root of this evil that is somehow tied to hatred; which is pretty much all undead since they hate all life."
He lets it sink a little before proceeds.
"So we know that we are after something shunning sunlight and something being able to reason to the point to devise an evil plan. Like, most intelligent undead."
Again, he waits a little.
"We know only of one place where this evil may reside. There's a chimney in the armory and we don't know where that chimney leads but it's definitely something closer to the surface than any other point in this cursed mansion."
Another wait to see if anyone has something to add.
"The hard thing is getting past the guardian without destroying it-- if possible, I mean. Life first, artifacts of war second." he finishes, with an apologetic smile.

"Do we have something that can harm that adamantine giant?" Maul asks.
"We do have adamantine weapons at least," the armorer replies, "the issue is endurance against those crushing blows. We are simply not fast enough even if the four of us attack at once." he continues, glancing towards the newcomers.

OOC - hint... hint... Smile

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Silent Giant - 09-07-2016

(09-07-2016, 06:16 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC SG 1 - My mistake, sorry. Then it can be a standard action -- or a full action to fire multiple arrows. Still, he did not declare readying a bow against spellcasting, did he? so it's against concentration and not against casting.
OOC SG 2 - That's completely in character, I had no questions about that.
OOC SG 3 - Yes, he spotted immediately (natural 20 on spot)

"We know only of one place where this evil may reside. There's a chimney in the armory and we don't know where that chimney leads but it's definitely something closer to the surface than any other point in this cursed mansion."
Another wait to see if anyone has something to add.

OOC1 - Standard action. No, he didn't. He shoots against concentration or after casting.
OOC3 - Ok, but does he know it is a witchcasting or Torin is flapping flies only?

Witchcraft! - he yells and shoots - Hands up, dwarf! (I see you have rolled, so he have missed him) - This was a warning shot, dwarf! The next will hit between your eyes.

A chimney? What are you talking about, Murkatos? I didn't see a chimney but a large moving statue, few items and some water.

"What more information do you know of creature and its location?  Me has some control over earth and ability to summon creatures to tunnel through earth and stone.  Maybe with enough tunnelers me could create pit trap for beast to fall into.  Or maybe tunnel around thing?"

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - DM Surranó - 09-09-2016

(09-07-2016, 07:30 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: OOC3 - Ok, but does he know it is a witchcasting or Torin is flapping flies only?

A chimney? What are you talking about, Murkatos? I didn't see a chimney but a large moving statue, few items and some water.

OOC SG3: No way anyone without a successful Spellcraft check would know that. He just spotted the fact of spellcasting and he's paranoid of all witchcraft. Whether this dwarf is a divine or arcane caster he cannot tell... yet. (unless Torin mentioning a holy mission hints that he's a priestly figure)

OOC SG4: True, both PCs missed it in the heat of battle but the NPC spotted it.

"There is a chimney in the middle of the dome. A shaft. A manmade corridor that goes up." Murkatos explains, slowly and patiently to avoid Giant having a cerebral attack.

(09-07-2016, 09:08 PM)Toot Wrote: "What more information do you know of creature and its location?  Me has some control over earth and ability to summon creatures to tunnel through earth and stone.  Maybe with enough tunnelers me could create pit trap for beast to fall into.  Or maybe tunnel around thing?"

The armorer claps his hands in excitement.
"That would be wonderful! Now, the guardian is in the cellars that is three feet underwater." he glances at Portho and Boo to assess their heights but does not comment further.
"He's in a fortified building but we can explain the exact direction and distance once we are outside. The catch is that there is some sort of antimagic field and we do not know its total extent. But if we could dig a hole large enough for the guardian to sink and the remaining ledge too narrow for it to climb up then problem's likely solved. Say, a cylindrical pit of fifteen feet deep and twenty feet across. Feasible?"

Maul says nothing other than emitting some grunts of acknowledgment on the tiny doodid's wits.

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Toot - 09-09-2016

"If me remember correctly, Antimagic fields suppress magic but not dispel magic," Toot replies while scratching his chin.  "Maybe that work in our advantage.  Summoned creatures wink out of existence in antimagic field but if me were to cast a soften earth and stone on edge of anti magic effect me could tell summoned creatures to stay out of still hard area and just dig or melt soft stone area.  Of course hard area might still sink into soft area."  Toot looks at everyone to see if their expressions show signs that they are still following his line of thought.  "Is ground natural or man made brick or cobblestone?  Man made makes things more difficult.  Me might be able to soften stone above creature to cause roof to fall on top.  Even better if part of area stays hard due to antimagic.  When hard area breaks away from soft above it, rock fall and hit harder and is heavier."

RE: Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings - Silent Giant - 09-09-2016

(09-09-2016, 06:53 AM)DM Surranó Wrote:
(09-07-2016, 07:30 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: OOC3 - Ok, but does he know it is a witchcasting or Torin is flapping flies only?

"There is a chimney in the middle of the dome. A shaft. A manmade corridor that goes up." Murkatos explains, slowly and patiently to avoid Giant having a cerebral attack.

Khm. Then, then ... why didn't you tell it earlier? Dammit! Have you seen it, Lugar?

OOC - I know we didn't have enough time to make conversation Smile