RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) (/showthread.php?tid=284)

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 07-21-2021

Pilot, Co-pilot or gunner.. Dez should be co-pilot or gunner as she is best at gunner over everyone.. Co-pilot also operates a weapon so needs the skill

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 07-23-2021

Positions as I understand them

correct me if I am wrong:
Pilot = Ubi Sunt
Co-pilot = Dez Synn

Commander: Korstyn?
System Operator : Zero
Engineer: Jendu + Droids

Gunner 1: Njon
Gunner 2: Shunna?

snub fighter pilot/gunner: none
Snub fighter system operator/engineer: astromech

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 07-23-2021

(07-23-2021, 03:30 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 04:30 AM)Captian Ubi Sunt Wrote: Captain Ubi Sunt will concede the Captains seat on this voyage to Korystn Steel, and take the pilots seat.

[OoC:  I think you're getting hung up on titles.  Han Solo was the "Captain" of his ship but he was also a Pilot, Gunner, Mechanic, etc.  Just like pretty much everything in Star Wars: Saga, names of abilities or classes are pretty much meaningless.  For example, Darth Sidious stats say he was a Jedi, but he was never a Jedi.  It's what the class or title gives you is the most important.  

All Commanders do is Aid Other, they have no power to actually command the ship.  I personally think Piloting (and shooting) would be a lot more fun then being a Commander who just boosts other character's skill rolls.  If you really did want to be the commander then it would make sense for you to start picking up Use Computers and maybe even Skill Focus to boost either Knowledge Tactic or Use Computers or both.  But that's a lot of Feats to invest into help with space battles unless that's the type of character you want to make Ubi. ]

Korstyn doesn't care about roles or egos. She just cares about getting the job done and only has contempt for people who try to turn it into a drama show. If Ubi thinks he can do a better job of Aiding Another, good on him. It's his job and she'll find something else to do.

(07-23-2021, 04:44 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Positions as I understand them

correct me if I am wrong:
Pilot = Ubi Sunt
Co-pilot = Dez Synn

Commander:  Korstyn?
System Operator : Zero
Engineer:  Jendu + Droids

Gunner 1: Njon
Gunner 2: Shunna?

snub fighter pilot/gunner: none
Snub fighter system operator/engineer: astromech

Korstyn can take the Commander position and run to the cargo bay to slip into the fighter if necessary. Out of all the bridge positions, Commander seems to be the least critical (yes, it's important, but a ship can do without one, technically). At least that's how I understand it.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 07-23-2021

Correct. Most ships operate without a Commander.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Captian Ubi Sunt - 08-11-2021

Ubi as the owner/ pilot of his own ship was just offering to take his usual role, but does not have any advantage as a captain, he is more of a grunt.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 10-11-2021

Shunna picked up Weapon Finesse at 5th level but I suddenly remembered that my idea for Shunna was never for her to be awesome with the lightsaber.  It was Callie who was going to work on her Lightsaber abilities while Shunna was going to focus more on telepathy, telekinesis and other powers.  

So I was wondering, since I haven't used the Weapon Finesse feat yet can I switch it out for something else?

Korstyn might already know this but I was browsing the Knights of the Old Republic rule book and noticed it has quite a bit of Mandalorian information on their history and equipment.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 10-11-2021

(10-11-2021, 01:47 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: Shunna picked up Weapon Finesse at 5th level but I suddenly remembered that my idea for Shunna was never for her to be awesome with the lightsaber.  It was Callie who was going to work on her Lightsaber abilities while Shunna was going to focus more on telepathy, telekinesis and other powers.  

So I was wondering, since I haven't used the Weapon Finesse feat yet can I switch it out for something else?

Korstyn might already know this but I was browsing the Knights of the Old Republic rule book and noticed it has quite a bit of Mandalorian information on their history and equipment.

Yes, switch the feat

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 10-11-2021

I actually don't source most of my information from any of the Saga Edition books. They come from the parts of the Star Wars universe, in general, that I've actually been exposed to. This includes some of the splatbooks from WEG Star Wars (d6 edition, i miss you Sad ), but there isn't a ton on Mandos there.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 10-12-2021

(10-11-2021, 09:27 PM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: I actually don't source most of my information from any of the Saga Edition books.  They come from the parts of the Star Wars universe, in general, that I've actually been exposed to.  This includes some of the splatbooks from WEG Star Wars (d6 edition, i miss you Sad ), but there isn't a ton on Mandos there.

As you know the splatbooks from WEG Star Wars isn't going to give you the SW: Saga game specs for Mando equipment, droids, a Mandalorian Talent Tree, and weapons.  There's also a new feat called, Mandalorian Training which gives you a +2 bonus on range attacks at the end of a charge.  Which might be cool for when you're using a jet pack.

In my signature, beside my name, I have a link to Star Wars Saga PDF's.  I just fixed the link so if you're interested, you should be able to find most Saga books there for you to look through.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 10-12-2021

Thanks. I meant for the fluff stuff. For example, Korstyn's pic is Shae Vizla from a cutscene from The Old Republic.