RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) (/showthread.php?tid=284)

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 07-19-2021

Njon is proficient in starship weaponry FYI.. his is qualified for three positions basically Pilot, Engineer, or gunner

Lol and you haven't even figured outr who would jump in the cloakshape fighter

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 07-19-2021

(07-19-2021, 03:20 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Lol and you haven't even figured outr who would jump in the cloakshape fighter

We have more positions than we have people.   But having someone move from the gunner position on the main ship to jump into the cloakshape fighter might be a better trade.  Yes? No?

Quote:Crew Positions

* Pilot: Ubi +9 or Shunna +9
* Co-Pilot: Dez +9 or Shunna +9

* Engineer: Njon +14; Jendu +9

* Commander: Korstyn or Ubi

* System Operator (Use computers): Zero +10 or Jendu +9

* Gunner: Shunna, Jendu

Njon has a huge Mechanic skill of +14.  That blows everyone out of the water.  But he's also a good pilot and gunner.  Dex also has has the Heavy gunner feat.  So what do we want to do?  We either need to use his +14 mechanic or his Pilot/gunner (because pilots shoot too).  Jendu does have a couple of Mechs (what are their Mechanic skills?).  So maybe directing multiple mechs to do be mechanics would be better than one person with a +14  mechanic skill.  What do you all think?

The H1-ME Battle mechanic drooids have Mechanics +13 (May reroll to Jury-Rig, must take second result), and just require someone using swift actions to direct..

There stats are here.. pay attention to the protocol format stats https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/H-1ME_Battle_Mechanic_Droid#_H-1ME_Battle_Mechanic_Droid_Statistics_.28CL_1.29

It seems the engineer position isn't really all that important since all they really do is use 3 swift actions to increase the ship's condition by one step.  Meanwhile a droid can be directed to do the same thing with only 2 swift actions.  The droid can also be directed to recharge shields which an engineer can't do.  A system operator is required to recharge them.  So maybe Jendu would be a better choice since the droids have a Mechanics +13 (one point off from Njon's skill).  That would leave Njon open to use heavy weapons.  

Trained Pilots in the pilot position also gain +2 to hit.  So they will have the best chance to hit BUT they also might not be able to shoot because their actions might be used up with flying.  

So I need some input here about what we want to do.  

Are there Heavy weapons only Pilots and Co-pilots can use?

(07-19-2021, 04:36 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: It seems the engineer position isn't really all that important since all they really do is use 3 swift actions to increase the ship's condition by one step.  Meanwhile a droid can be directed to do the same thing with only 2 swift actions.  The droid can also be directed to recharge shields which an engineer can't do.  A system operator is required to recharge them.  So maybe Jendu would be a better choice since the droids have a Mechanics +13 (one point off from Njon's skill).  That would leave Njon open to use heavy weapons.  

Trained Pilots in the pilot position also gain +2 to hit.  So they will have the best chance to hit BUT they also might not be able to shoot because their actions might be used up with flying.  

So I need some input here about what we want to do.  

Are there Heavy weapons only Pilots and Co-pilots can use?

There is the main gun, only the pilot or co-pilot can use it.  On some ships there are guns only the pilot, but not co-pilot can use.  And now your catching on. Jendu with the droids is more effective than Njon at engineer. Especially as the droids can attempt to reroll on jury-rig

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 07-19-2021

(07-19-2021, 03:10 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Yup, commanders need Knowledge tactics to aid attack rolls, and Use Computer to aid thesystem operator

https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/Commander

it is up to Korstyn if she wants to retrain a skill, I will allow it now and now only, . After that we go with the standard skill retraining rules, which means only when you level

If I’m reading this debate correctly, the main scuttlebutt here is gunner vs. engineer.  Mechanics is an absolute requirement for Korstyn’s build.  She’ll be adding another still in later but she cannot retrain that out.  Her knowledge tactics and perception are part of her backstory, so I’m loathe to switch them out.  Heavy weapon would be a great addition but I don’t know what to replace with it.

(07-19-2021, 11:43 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 03:10 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Yup, commanders need Knowledge tactics to aid attack rolls, and Use Computer to aid thesystem operator

it is up to Korstyn if she wants to retrain a skill, I will allow it now and now only, . After that we go with the standard skill retraining rules, which means only when you level

If I’m reading this debate correctly, the main scuttlebutt here is gunner vs. engineer.  Mechanics is an absolute requirement for Korstyn’s build.  She’ll be adding another still in later but she cannot retrain that out.  Her knowledge tactics and perception are part of her backstory, so I’m loathe to switch them out.  Heavy weapon would be a great addition but I don’t know what to replace with it.

I had not looked at your skills to see if you had any to switch with for Use Computer to make you a more effective Commander.  After taking a look it appears Initiative would be your only choice to lose to pick up Use Computer.  If you don't want to do that, then you could just wait until you gain your next feat to pick up Skill Training/ Use Computers.  Or drop Initiative.  Pick up Use Computer.  Then with your feat you take Skill Training/Initiative.  If Use Computers is absolutely not something your into, then maybe Ubi might want to pick it up and be the Commander.  The only real reason why Ubi should be a Pilot and not a Commander is because Korstyn isn't a Pilot.   

Of course we don't NEED to make these adjustments for Ship battles.  We all have our own ideas (at least I hope we do) of the kind of character we want to build.  And if anyone doesn't, speak up now so we can work together to figure out a cool concept.  But as we saw in our last ship battle, we were nearly smoked!  It would be nice if each of us attempted to pick up one or two Feats/talents/skills that won't steer us away from our character concepts that can also make us more useful in Ship battles.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 07-19-2021

Initiative is an idea, I guess. It’s mechanically important, but I guess she doesn’t really need it that badly. If you really need her to pick up Use Computer I guess that works. Doesn’t change her progression at all because she still need level 7 at least before she can take Military Engineer. That actually does make her next feast choice easier though. She was going to pick up Skill Training: Use Computer anyway…but now she can pick up Heavy Weapons…hmmmm

(07-19-2021, 01:50 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:43 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote:

I had not looked at your skills to see if you had any to switch with for Use Computer to make you a more effective Commander.  After taking a look it appears Initiative would be your only choice to lose to pick up Use Computer.  If you don't want to do that, then you could just wait until you gain your next feat to pick up Skill Training/ Use Computers.  Or drop Initiative.  Pick up Use Computer.  Then with your feat you take Skill Training/Initiative.  If Use Computers is absolutely not something your into, then maybe Ubi might want to pick it up and be the Commander.  The only real reason why Ubi should be a Pilot and not a Commander is because Korstyn isn't a Pilot.   

Of course we don't NEED to make these adjustments for Ship battles.  We all have our own ideas (at least I hope we do) of the kind of character we want to build.  And if anyone doesn't, speak up now so we can work together to figure out a cool concept.  But as we saw in our last ship battle, we were nearly smoked!  It would be nice if each of us attempted to pick up one or two Feats/talents/skills that won't steer us away from our character concepts that can also make us more useful in Ship battles.

Almost correct, except Korstynn is a pilot.. she does not have the skill, she has a force ability that lets her use Use teh Force as a Pilot skill