RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) (/showthread.php?tid=284)

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 06-29-2021

I don't mind Shunna standing back and letting the others be the pilot, engineer, etc.  As long as those positions are covered, then she can use aid another or her force powers to help the ship unless we her to pilot the fighter or be a gunner.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Jendu Verbenti - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 12:06 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 09:30 PM)Jendu Verbenti Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 09:11 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: All three are perfectly fine, with poul;ations from millions to billions.  Scipio would certainly explain where you get your money from.  Two of the planets you noted are in my list.. the third, Lavisar is just a toyuch further away..  probably 6 days at lightspeed with hyperdrive x2.0.

For simplicity, when on a hyperlane, I calculatelightspeed as i griid coordinate box per dayat 1.0, so two at 2.0..  going off hyperlane slows you down, but is obviously necessary to access most places.

Well then I guess Scipio it is.

You might want to pick up the Muune language if you are from Scipio, homeworld of the Muune and the Intergalactic Banking Clan.  There are more Muune on the planet than humans

Done.  I got rid of Bocce.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 07-19-2021

(06-29-2021, 05:16 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 11:42 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 09:26 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: Quoting this so I don't have to go through everyone's skills again.  Adding Jendu's skills

Is Njon or the Imperial Pilot still with us?  If so, can we get some basic skill ranks for Pilot, Use Computer and Mechanic and gunnery feats (and attack bonus)

Quote:Dez has Pilot +9; Intelligence bonus +2 (Mechanic/Use computer)
Ubi: Pilot +9; Mechanic +8; Intelligence bonus +1 (Use computer)
Zero: Pilot +8; Mechanic +10; Use Computer +10
Shunna: Pilot +9; Mechanic +8; Intelligence bonus +1 (Use Computer)
Korstyn: Untrained Pilot +5; Mechanic +8; Intelligence bonus +1 (Use computer)
Jendu: Untrained Pilot +5; Mechanic +9; Use Computer +9
Njon: ???
Imperial Pilot: ???

So the best Pilots are:
Pilot +9: Dez, Ubi, Shunna
Pilot +8: Zero, Korstyn (force pilot)

Best Mechanic:
Mechanic +10: Zero
Jendu +9
Mechanic +8: Ubi, Shunna, Korstyn

Best Use Computers:
Use Computers +10: Zero
Use Computers +9: Jendu

Best Commander:
Knowledge Tactics: Ubi +8 and Korstyn +8
Use Computer: Ubi +1 and Korstyn +1

Crew Positions

* Pilot: Ubi +9 or Shunna +9
* Co-Pilot: Dez +9 or Shunna +9

* Commander: Korstyn or Ubi

* Engineer: Jendu +9 (Jendu also has 2 droids he can direct) or Shunna +8

* System Operator (Use computers): Zero +10 or Jendu +9

* Gunners: Dez, Njon, Shunna, Imperial Pilot (is he still with us?)

Suggestion?  Comments?

Njon is currently in the Pilot seat, bujt once you lift off can relinquish itr to anyone else.  his skills: Mechanics +14, Pilot +9      Njon is your best engineer, but cannot command the battle mechanic droids as a repair crew... they don't speak Talz

The imperial pilot is NOT with you

Seems to me like the best arrangement is to have Ubi as pilot, Dez as co-pilot, Shunna available to pilot the fighter while acting as gunner along with Njon until that’s needed.  The astromech and spider droids can act as a repair team, Zero as systems operator with Jendu assisting, that leaves Korstyn as Commander again.  She’s very much a Jack of all trades at this point.

EDIT: Alternately, either Shunna or Dez can also pilot instead of Ubi.  That’s what democracy is for.

I think the droids have to be directed by someone.  That will mean it's likely Jendu who will have to direct the droids instead of helping Zero.

Since Use Computers is a skill Commanders seem to need, Korstyn might think about picking up that skill or retraining (if we're allowed) another skill and picking it up.  Perhaps the DM might let Korstyn to make a change now since this is her first character and she's just started playing.  Alternatively, one of the people who are good with computers could pick up Knowledge tactics.  There is a force ability that allows the user to use their UTF rank in place of any knowledge skills that you don't have ranks in which is kind of awesome for maybe Jendu if he ever picks up UTF as a skill instead of just using force abilities with instinct.

Dez has Pilot +9; Intelligence bonus +2 (Mechanic/Use computer)
Ubi: Pilot +9; Mechanic +8; Intelligence bonus +1 (Use computer)
Zero: Pilot +8; Mechanic +10; Use Computer +10
Shunna: Pilot +9; Mechanic +8; Intelligence bonus +1 (Use Computer)
Korstyn: Untrained Pilot +5; Mechanic +8; Intelligence bonus +1 (Use computer)
Jendu: Untrained Pilot +5; Mechanic +9; Use Computer +9
Njon: Mechanic +14; Pilot +9

Crew Positions

* Mechanic: Njon +14

* Engineer: Jendu +9 (Jendu also has 2 droids he can direct) or Shunna +8

* Gunner: Shunna

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 07-19-2021

Yup, commanders need Knowledge tactics to aid attack rolls, and Use Computer to aid thesystem operator

https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/Commander

it is up to Korstyn if she wants to retrain a skill, I will allow it now and now only, . After that we go with the standard skill retraining rules, which means only when you level

(07-19-2021, 03:06 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: Crew Positions

* Mechanic: Njon +14

* Engineer: Jendu +9 (Jendu also has 2 droids he can direct) or Shunna +8

* Gunner: Shunna

There are two gunner positions, as there are two entirely separate turrets, on e on the port, and one on the starboard.

and Mechanic and Engineer are the same position.. you use Mechanic skill to be the Engineer, just like System Operator is Use Computer.

(07-19-2021, 03:11 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 03:06 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote: Crew Positions

* Engineer: Njon +14; Jendu +9

* Gunner: Shunna, Jendu

There are two gunner positions, as there are two entirely seperate turrets, on e on the port, and one on the starboard.

We will need to hire another person because I don't think there is anyone left!

IUf Jendu is engineer that leaves Njon free there is no such position as mechanivc.. the engineer position uses the Mechanic skill.. so Jendu plus the doroids two aid anothers = +13, the Talz (Njon) alone = +14.. you need to teach those droids to speak Talz

(07-19-2021, 03:11 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: There are two gunner positions, as there are two entirely separate turrets, on e on the port, and one on the starboard.

and Mechanic and Engineer are the same position.. you use Mechanic skill to be the Engineer, just like System Operator is Use Computer.

Yeah, I just caught that. So that puts Shunna and Jendu Undecided in gunner positions.

Depends who settles in as commander.. Korstyn and Ubi were sorta fighting over it.. Korstyn declared she would take it a month ago, and Ubi tonight