RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) (/showthread.php?tid=284)

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 02-09-2021

Since the other droid is the same size category you can absolutely do that. You could also take the arm and NOT give one backj, literally just adding an arm to Zero.  You just have to watch the encumbrance or you overpower your repulsor ability to keep you aloft.

It would require time and mechanics checks. If you do it yourself the Mechanics checks take a -5 penalty to the DC. But Njon can make the checks Mechanics is +14, he has skill focus so he's good at Mechanics.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - IT-O (Zero) - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 08:52 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Since the other droid is the same size category you can absolutely do that. You could also take the arm and NOT give one backj, literally just adding an arm to Zero.  You just have to watch the encumbrance or you overpower your repulsor ability to keep you aloft.

I only suggested giving it back an arm because Ubi stated he might want to use the droid.  It would be silly if I took off all these parts and left him looking like some kind of zombie droid or Igor-droid.  Smile

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 02-09-2021

Quote:I think we should keep the following as group items that we store on the ship:

9 vacuum masks - short-term solution to a loss of atmosphere while aboard a spacecraft
2 fire extinguishers - put out fires on ship
12 power packs - in case we run out
2 anti-personnel mines - blow more things up!
6 Proximity Flares - to warn of incoming danger and eliminate opponent's concealment
2 binder cuffs - Take prisoners
1 sensor pack - A Portable device.  It provides general details on comm signals, life forms, and hazards within 1 kilometer. (+5 to perception)
4 hololanterns - to see

I was more or less asking the group if they thought it was a good idea.  I don't want to just start doing things without group consensus.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 02-09-2021

Only other PC's involved are Ubis, Dez, and Zero. Njon just shrugs then nods while hooting unintelligibly.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Dez Synn - 02-10-2021

Dez agrees with Shunna, it is silly to sell off the minor utility items

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Captian Ubi Sunt - 02-12-2021

Ubi agrees that that list of items would be good to keep aboard as ship items

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 02-15-2021

Sold Items
2 armored flight suits - imperial issue black 4,000 cr each = 8,000 cr
1 Personal Multitool = 100 cr
5 E11 blaster rifles = 1,000 cr ea. = 5,000 cr
3 stormtrooper body glove suits
3 stormtrooper helmets
assorted stormtrooper armor components - enough for 3 complete suits all meant for male human or near human 5'10" to 6'4" average build = 3 x stormtrooper armor = 8,000 cr each = 24,000 cr
1 Radiation Detector = 20 cr
2 Electrobinoculars = 1000 cr each = 2,000cr
1 long range comm-link (encrypted) back-pack sized = 2500 cr
4 short range comm-links, hand-held = 25 cr each  = 100 cr
1 Fusion Lantern = 25 cr
4 Syntheropes (45m) = 20 cr each = 80 cr
2 Chains (15m) = 25 cr each = 50 cr
3 Mesh Tape rolls = 5 cr each = 150 cr

Net Total value =  41,025cr      Sale value (x 50%) = 20,513 cr

For now I have kept that amount as one lump sum, if the players wish to divide it up amongst themselves let me know.

The parties inventory is updated now:  http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread.php?tid=680&pid=48426#pid48426

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 02-25-2021

I have to ask this. I know there's no certainty it will ever happen, but I need to know how you determine a Dark Side action. Let's say Korstyn overpowers some other fighter and decides to take said fighter's ship. Is it a Dark Side action to leave the fighter stranded on the planet or to kill them humanely so they don't suffer the humiliation of defeat AND being forced to, essentially, beg off-planet? I ask this, because the latter option is something she would consider an honorable act, while the other is devious and destructive of the other fighter's honor.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 02-25-2021

(02-25-2021, 05:15 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: I have to ask this.  I know there's no certainty it will ever happen, but I need to know how you determine a Dark Side action.  Let's say Korstyn overpowers some other fighter and decides to take said fighter's ship.  Is it a Dark Side action to leave the fighter stranded on the planet or to kill them humanely so they don't suffer the humiliation of defeat AND being forced to, essentially, beg off-planet?  I ask this, because the latter option is something she would consider an honorable act, while the other is devious and destructive of the other fighter's honor.

Thjere is a lot of leeway here under Darek Side Transgressions - https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/The_Dark_Side#Dark_Side_Transgressions

It sort of goes to whether your character has the expectation that other beings adhere to her code of honour or not. Which she KNOWS most do not. So most beings would rather be stranded on a planet than be slain, and Korstyn would know this.  However if it were a being that has espoused a code of honour similar to the Mandolorian code, ie coming from a similar warrior culture where death is preferable to defeat, then she would be fine giving them an honourable death.

Intent and awareness is everything, so it will be entrirely situational.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 02-25-2021

(02-25-2021, 07:59 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: There are none unless they are hidden, of course they can probably detect you if there were.

Why do you say this?  Shunna has a UTF of 15 which is pretty powerful for someone who's CR 5. Using the Core Rule book, even Darth Vader who's CR19 only has a UTF of 17 which is only 2 points higher than Shunna and he's suppose to be the second most powerful Darksider.  It's doubtful Darth Vader is chilling on the planet looking for force-users.