RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) (/showthread.php?tid=284)

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 12-16-2020

Didn’t say she was a Jedi. Perhaps I misspoke. Mandalorians were at war with the Jedi for some time. So perhaps it’s more of an “it’s complicated” thing.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 12-20-2020

(12-16-2020, 04:06 PM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: Didn’t say she was a Jedi.  Perhaps I misspoke.  Mandalorians were at war with the Jedi for some time.  So perhaps it’s more of an “it’s complicated” thing.

Is this korstyn going to be the same Korstyn from MiB's game.  Or is this a completely different Korstyn from an alternate dimension or something?

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 12-21-2020

I was looking over languages and I found one the Mando might want to switch out for Huttese. 

Military Sign is not a language in the traditional sense, many military and paramilitary units use hand signals to communicate silently with one another. Favored by Alliance Spec Force, military sign allows beings who understand the signals to communicate with each other in basic terms. You can take military sign as a language just like any other language, although to use it, you must have line of sight to the person or people you are attempting to communicate with. Military sign makes no noise, but it can express only simple concepts. Examples include:halt, attention, danger, surround the target, move to a certain location, proceed with caution, trap ahead, ambush ahead, sensors ahead, bypass the hazard ahead, and execute orders.

The most common languages are 

Basic (Most Common)
Binary (Droid Language)
Bocce (A trade language that can be spoken by almost any Species)

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 12-21-2020

That's great, but I think it requires others to understand it as well. Maybe it allows her to understand, sayyy, CorSec officers, but she cant use it to communicate with the rest of the group unless they have it as well.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 12-21-2020

It would help you speak to other Mandos and soldiers in combat.  You don't have to take it.  I was watching the Mandalorian tonight and saw a few characters on the show use it.  Then I happen to be looking at languages and it kind of just jumped out at me.  

None of the Major NPC's have it and even the Clones or Stormtroopers don't have it.  So why the book would say it's a language you could learn when no one can speak it seems pretty stupid.  

Maybe it should just be an automatic language Soldiers get and something you can pick up if you don't have any Soldier levels.  But IMO, it's just a handful of hand signs so it taking up a complete language seems kind of lame.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 12-21-2020

Meh. Why would she want to speak to other Mandalorians?

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 12-23-2020

I asked this before but you never answered...

Is this korstyn going to be the same Korstyn from MiB's game.  Or is this a completely different Korstyn from an alternate dimension or something?

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 12-28-2020

(12-28-2020, 12:49 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: You are overthinking at the moment. That discussiuon is for the OoC thread.  Right now people cannot occupy already occupied posts until thew person in them vacates that spot.  Everyone is in the back except Ubi, Njon, Dez, and Zero.  Taking any position is going to require moving to the cockpit, with the exception of engineer.

The other craft won initiative so I will be adding them and posting their actions later today.

I wasn't asking anyone to switch posts.  Huh

You said:

Quote:Unoccupied Positions:
Commander - ?     Can aid another on Use Computer checks and attack rolls (attack rolls use knowledge (Tactics)
Engineer - ?     Repairs ship systems, requires mechanics
Gunner 2: ?     controls blaster cannon battery (in other words can opt not to fire to give Gunner 1 +2 to hit automatically,and do extra damage for each three points attack roll exceeds reflex defense; or can fire the blaster cannon idependently)

I replied:

Quote:*Since Ubi is already in the Pilot position, Dez is in the copilot position it leaves Shunna with Mechanic, I guess Korstyn should either the Commander or Gunner 2

*Shunna should be an Engineer

*Imperial Pilot should be the Gunner 2

All the extra information was me sorting out who has what skills so we could figure out who out of the people we have left can fill empty positions.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 12-28-2020

^This

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 12-28-2020

Well it's shunna's turn if she wants to become engineer that's free action because teh ship is still undamaged, notrhing to do yet Delay?