RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) (/showthread.php?tid=284)

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 12-16-2020

(12-16-2020, 03:15 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: Jedi still existed up until A New Hope. And there were still a few remaining besides the known ones (Obi-Wan, Yoda, Leia, Luke).  Not many, but a few.  Mostly on far-off-the-beaten-path planets like Dathomir or such.

Also, pretty interesting that the events of A New Hope all occurred within the span of a few days.

It would be interesting to know who is still alive.  Apparently there are plans for a Mace Windu show so even he might be still alive at that time.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Selina Parcellus - 12-16-2020

Yoda survived. And while he's arguably the most powerful Master from the end of the Republic Era, he's also old. REALLY old.

(12-16-2020, 03:54 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Yoda survived.  And while he's arguably the most powerful Master from the end of the Republic Era, he's also old.  REALLY old.

Before 0BBY, Yoda is alive and around 900+ years old.  Obi Wan (until A New Hope), Kanan Jarrus (until 0BBY when he sacrifices himself for Hera) and Ahsoka Tano would still be alive too.

Online they say that during the Mandalorian the Jedi who are alive are: Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, Ezra Bridger (possibly), Ahsoka Tano, Cal Kestis (possibly), Cere Junda (possibly)

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 12-16-2020

Depending on whether you're incorporating anything from the Extended Universe or not, that number also rises considerably.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 12-16-2020

The answer is that I blend canon and legends at will for the game and that helps because neither of your characters know a damn thing lol. Shunna only knows they were called Jedi from the holocron, which I am assuming was actually created by a jedi trying to preserve the order for the future after order 66 (one such jedi at least did do this in the lore with the intent to start over but she was caught and killed. She would not know anything about anything that that one particular jedi did not.

(12-16-2020, 07:01 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: The answer is that I blend canon and legends at will for the game and that helps because neither of your characters know a damn thing lol. Shunna only knows they were called Jedi from the holocron, which I am assuming was actually created by a jedi trying to preserve the order for the future after order 66 (one such jedi at least did do this in the lore with the intent to start over but she was caught and killed. She would not know anything about anything that that one particular jedi did not.

I started as a 1st level Scout and gained 3rd levels of Jedi with the Holocron.  I also have Galactic Lore which covers the Force.  As a Jedi, it is also practically her duty to find other Jedi and Jedi Lore that's been lost.  So it's not like she picked the Holocron clean of information and then carried on with her life, not caring to find out more about the Jedi.  If that was the case, then I didn't need to make her a jedi at all.   I could have just stuck with being in one of the Clans of Dathomir.

Also, in her history it states:  "Over the next few years she explored the Temple and found Holocrons of teachings from Jedi Masters."  So it wasn't teachings from just one Jedi Holocron.  Then I added...

Quote:Through the vision, she was led to an unknown part of the temple where she found a crashed ship with a skeleton of a Jedi.  When she looked inside, a recording [possible force ghost] suddenly appeared that told any Jedi who found his remains, to please take what they needed from his equipment and complete the quest [Leave that to the DM] that they didn't have a chance to finish.  So she took the lightsaber and some parts from a crashed ship to fix her ship.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 12-16-2020

She's going to have a hell of a time convincing Korstyn to do anything with her Force Sensitivity. Pretty sure I have no idea where she will be in a few levels, but she's as Mando as ever right now.

Remember, Tarre Vizsla, was the first Mandalorian to be inducted into the Jedi Order as a child, in time becoming a Jedi Knight. According to legend, he created the Darksaber, which would become the symbol of leadership within House Vizsla, and became the ruler of Mangalore.  The Mandalorians still have great respect for him despite him being a Jedi Knight.[url=https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mandalore][/url]

Also you're not a Jedi.  There are many different Traditions of Force users, like the Witches of Dathomir. I'm not sure why they wouldn't see using the force as being just another weapon in their arsenal.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 12-16-2020

(12-16-2020, 07:31 AM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 07:01 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: The answer is that I blend canon and legends at will for the game and that helps because neither of your characters know a damn thing lol. Shunna only knows they were called Jedi from the holocron, which I am assuming was actually created by a jedi trying to preserve the order for the future after order 66 (one such jedi at least did do this in the lore with the intent to start over but she was caught and killed. She would not know anything about anything that that one particular jedi did not.

I started as a 1st level Scout and gained 3rd levels of Jedi with the Holocron.  I also have Galactic Lore which covers the Force.  As a Jedi, it is also practically her duty to find other Jedi and Jedi Lore that's been lost.  So it's not like she picked the Holocron clean of information and then carried on with her life, not caring to find out more about the Jedi.  If that was the case, then I didn't need to make her a jedi at all.   I could have just stuck with being in one of the Clans of Dathomir.

Also, in her history it states:  "Over the next few years she explored the Temple and found Holocrons of teachings from Jedi Masters."  So it wasn't teachings from just one Jedi Holocron.  Then I added...

Quote:Through the vision, she was led to an unknown part of the temple where she found a crashed ship with a skeleton of a Jedi.  When she looked inside, a recording [possible force ghost] suddenly appeared that told any Jedi who found his remains, to please take what they needed from his equipment and complete the quest [Leave that to the DM] that they didn't have a chance to finish.  So she took the lightsaber and some parts from a crashed ship to fix her ship.

I never got your history  because you never posted  in the character sheet thread.  You hashed it out with Nerdred not I

FYI, it would be helpful if you did post in the character sheet thread

Her basic history is at the bottom of her sheet.  There's still more to flesh out, though