RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) (/showthread.php?tid=284)

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 11-17-2020

The DM obviously has the final say but it seems right to me.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 11-17-2020

Not quite. You do not get a feat of your choice at 1st. You get the class starting feats. You get the human bonus feat

Then you have the rest correct. In all our prior build we forgot the human feat, that let's you have more options

(11-17-2020, 10:55 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Not quite. You do not get a feat of your choice at 1st. You get the class starting feats.  You get the human bonus feat

Then you have the rest correct. In all our prior build we forgot the human feat, that let's you have more options

Are you sure?  Because in the feat section it says:

Quote:Each character gets one Feat when the character is created (At 1st level). At 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 18th level, characters gain another Feat. For Multiclass characters, Feats are gained according to total Character Level, not by individual Class Level.

(11-17-2020, 08:24 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: Let me see if I've got this down correctly:

She gets one feat at level 1 and one bonus human feat (which is no different from D&D).  She also gets another feat at character level 3 (same reason).

First level (Soldier) grants her access to Soldier skills, Soldier starting feats, a +2 to Fortitude, a +1 to Reflex and a Soldier talent.
Second level (Noble) grants her a +2 to Will, Linguist feat (Lineage tree...she has the necessary Int score), and Wealth talent.
Third Level (Soldier) grants her a bonus Soldier feat.
Fourth level (Soldier) grants her a Soldier talent.

Do I have that right so far?

Also remember, that just like in D&D you get an ability increase every 4 levels, except in Star Wars you get to add +1 to 2 separate abilities!!

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Korstyn Steele - 11-17-2020

One thing at a time, please Smile

(11-17-2020, 04:08 PM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: One thing at a time, please Smile

I only brought it up because it might influence what your starting ability scores might be.  Most players give themselves even scores so they get an attribute modifier.  But if you know your getting two +1 stat boosts then maybe you might want to start at an odd number like 17 so you save a few points on the point buy.  Then bump it up to an 18 at 4th level.

I know, I said that jokingly. I had already set my starting scores. She's exceptionally MAD, but I have no idea what the best usage of abilities for her is.

Noble: [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7; Soldier2: [1d10+2] = 5+2 = 7; Soldier3: [1d10+2] = 4+2 = 6
That's shockingly consistent in terms of rolls. I think the last two get replaced though, based on the creation rules. So she gets 7 from Noble, and 1+half from each Soldier level. 23 HP. Not bad.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 11-17-2020

(11-17-2020, 04:50 PM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: Noble: [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7; Soldier2: [1d10+2] = 5+2 = 7; Soldier3: [1d10+2] = 4+2 = 6
That's shockingly consistent in terms of rolls.  I think the last two get replaced though, based on the creation rules.  So she gets 7 from Noble, and 1+half from each Soldier level.  23 HP.  Not bad.

Correct and the prior post by Shunna is correct. So technically you could spend your human feat on force sensitive and your first level feat on skill training

(11-17-2020, 06:32 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 04:50 PM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: Noble: [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7; Soldier2: [1d10+2] = 5+2 = 7; Soldier3: [1d10+2] = 4+2 = 6
That's shockingly consistent in terms of rolls.  I think the last two get replaced though, based on the creation rules.  So she gets 7 from Noble, and 1+half from each Soldier level.  23 HP.  Not bad.

Correct and the prior post by Shunna is correct. So technically you could spend your human feat on force sensitive and your first level feat on skill training

Thank god!  I started to panic again when you said we didn't get a 1st level Feat.  I thought my Weapon Finesse was going to go bye-bye again to make up for the loss.