RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Sci-Fi Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+--- Forum: Stars Wars (WotC) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Forum: Episode 3.9: Before There Was Hope (GM Marvel) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+---- Thread: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) (/showthread.php?tid=284)

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Vitkyng - 11-16-2020

(11-16-2020, 05:31 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: Okay, so if we go with option 3...why would she take a level in Noble?  Wouldn't that means she only progresses that class?

Taking a second class never stops your progress in the first. And no where in option 3 did I state you had to take Noble.

Quote:3) straight noble/soldier/scoundrel/scout class with no class dip to Jedi.. get Force sensitivity as your Character level 3 feat, and Skill training(use the force) as your 4th Soldier class lkevel bonus feat. Or Combo soldier 2, other class 2, just as long as you gain a bonus class feat at 4th level. If you took, soldier 3/scout 1 for example that would not work because you need that class bonus feat after/or at the same time as you gain Force Sensitivity
I listed every class except jedi to indicate that a viable no jedi force wielder was doable regardless of the class.

Noble would give you access to the Wealth talent though, increasing starting funds high enough to make beskat'gam affordable with tons left over 

A force sensitive soldier 4 is viable though ; as is noble2/soldier 2. Really any 4 levels in any single class or any 2/2 combination can do it

Plus the best bounty hunters tend to be scouts as well

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 11-16-2020

Yeah, for example, most of the Witches of Dathomir didn't have any Jedi levels (there were one or two) but they were still capable of using the force.  In fact Darth Sidious was so worried about Mother Talzin he blockaded her planet so she couldn't leave!  

Jedi are but one force tradition you can belong to.  There are others detailed in the books or you can forge your own path and not be part of any tradition or organization.  And since we are sometime between episode 3 and 4 it might be better if you weren't a Jedi.  First there's not many Jedi who can train you.  Shunna was trained by a holocron or possibly a force ghost pretending to be a holocron.  Second, all force users are hunted but especially Jedi.  The last DM put Shunna in a terrible situation where I was all alone, battling many assailants.  I did attempt to avoid cameras and even mind tricked a couple people to forget her force powers but it's possible she could have been caught on video.. And there were witnesses, in that last fight to her at least using a Light saber but anyone can technically use one.  But I don't think we would have made it out without her powers.  From now on though, Shunna will be much more careful and I hope DM Vitkyng will be merciful by not having the Inquisitors or Vader suddenly come and slash us to pieces.

It's actually impossible that you weren't caught on camera at this point. You were on FOG's holonet broadcast remember. That means thousands, perhaps millions saw you use the force on those stormtroopers

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - Shunna Maza - 11-16-2020

(11-16-2020, 01:22 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: It's actually impossible that you weren't caught on camera at this point. You were on FOG's holonet broadcast remember. That means thousands, perhaps millions saw you use the force on those stormtroopers

Well, unless it's explained away as just special effects then we might as well start a new game or at least I create a new character because Vader will ruthlessly hunt down any Jedi he finds out about.  It may not be him personally cuz he tends to handle powerful Jedi or Jedi well known to him but the Inquisitors should be arriving shortly.

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Dougfan - 11-16-2020

So...something like Soldier 2/Noble/Scout? I dunno.

Remember that the problem with trying to be force sensitive with three classes is that you are too feat poor. Every core class gets a bonus feat at every even level and you would not be able to take Force Sensitivity until your character level 3 feat. You need one of those class bonus feats to spend after you gain force sensitivity

That means you would have to make sure that you got soldier 2 as your 4th level.

So soldier 1 then noble 1 then scout 1 then soldier 2. You could interchange the order for noble and scout. Your feats would be kinda picked for you

Your feats with that build are so set that I already know them:
1st lvl Soldier
Armor Proficiency (Light)
Armor Proficiency (Medium)
Weapon Proficiency (Pistols)
Weapon Proficiency (Rifles)
Weapon Proficiency (Simple Weapons)

Noble 1
Linguist

Scout 1
Shake It Off

Character level 3
Force Sensitivity

Soldier 2
Skill training (use the force)

Your talents are free at least. 1 soldier talent, 1 scout talent and one noble talent. Interchange one of the scout or noble talents for a force talent so you have a force power

RE: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat) - DM Dougfan - 11-16-2020

Why Linguist and not Wealthy? Then again...why would she be wealthy? I suppose almost anyone can be a Mandalorian in this era.

(11-16-2020, 05:10 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: Why Linguist and not Wealthy?  Then again...why would she be wealthy?  I suppose almost anyone can be a Mandalorian in this era.

Linguist is a feat, Wealthy is a talent,  That will be your biggest challenge in this system, remembering the difference beetween feats and talents

Multiclassing into Noble means you get one feat from among the Noble starting feats... Linguist happens to be the only one you do not already have.  The same with scout's Shake it Off.

If you take Noble 1  as your second character level and take wealth talent you will have an extra +15,000 Credits of funds

Quote:Noble Talents - Lineage tree - Wealth
Each time you gain a level (Including the level at which you select this talent), you receive an amount of credits equal to 5000 x your Class Level. You can spend these credits as you see fit. The credits appear in a civilized, accessible location of your choice or in your private bank account.