RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked
The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One) - Printable Version

+- RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy Games (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: D&D 5th Edition (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Tales of the Sword Coast (DM Spiral) (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=108)
+----- Forum: Adventures (https://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=109)
+----- Thread: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One) (/showthread.php?tid=574)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One) - Nightingale - 09-02-2018

Nightingale raises an eyebrow at the mention of a sickly white apple being sold in winter. But then the mayor showed his hand. He got nothing from the apple, but had to actually do his job. Nightingale's face soured into a scowl at the gall of the man. She remains silent however, letting her companions talk for the moment.

RE: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One) - Athos Blackwind - 11-01-2018

Athos took note of the strangers pet frog, unusual pets like that were quite telling. He pushed a gold piece toward the Innkeeper. "Is there anything else you can remember about the citadel? Or perhaps strange events around Oakhurst or the surrounding farms?"

RE: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One) - DM Spiral - 11-01-2018

---Arius, Nightingale, and Kriv---

[Image: Yn4yrui.png?1]

The mayor snorts and shakes his head, "I find it particularly hard to believe that the goblins would be just happy little merchants, but miracles are known to happen. If they turn out to be well intentioned, then you're investigating as representatives of official Neverwinter and Oakhurst business. So, the three of you and that will count as witness if the goblins are not doing anything overly sneaky or underhanded." 

(DM - @DM Vitkyng)

---Mourn and Lovise---

[Image: h1UoS8c.png]

"The job is simple. Go into the sunless citadel and find my niece and nephew. If they have died, return their signet rings as proof of their deaths and I will reward you with 125 gold per ring for each individual involved in their recovery. The reward is doubled if you manage to bring them home alive and of relative good health in mind and body." 

---Athos and Leloth---

[Image: FF26YeR.png?1]

"Well, from what I remember the Citadel used to be home to a ancient Dragon cult. Oddly enough they seemed to dip out when old Ashardalon flew through here a few decades back. You can still see bits of his work up the old road a ways toward the Ashen Plain. That whole area's been Lifeless ever since he blasted through."

The innkeeper seems to think for a moment, "The only other thing I've been hearing is that several of the local cattle farmers have taken to grazing their stock closer to their barns. Everyone's been hearing of new monsters that maraud by night. From time to time, cattle and people who have gone out alone at night have been found dead the next day, bearing dozens of needle like wounds. Granted no one has laid eyes on these creatures, and they don't seem to leave any tracks, so it could be some sort of magic. But still, it might be something that could help ya."

Garon picks up the gold, bites it and smiles, "Waterdavian coin." He nods with approval, "This will keep you and your party bathed, feed and slept for a week my friend."

RE: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One) - Nightingale - 11-05-2018

Nightingale visibly shifted uncomfortably at being assigned an official representative of anything, but at least the Mayor wasn't trying to micromanage them. And there might be more to this goblin fruit than first glance.

"Like my friend said, do you know where these goblins live?" Nightingale repeated Kriv's enquiry, fearing it lost in the conversation.

RE: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One) - Arius Dezlentyr - 11-06-2018

Arius nods and waits for the mayor to answer Nightingale's question before he asks his own.

RE: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One) - DM Spiral - 11-06-2018

---Arius, Nightingale, Kriv---

"OH forgive me. I'm so accustomed to the little beasts I forget not everyone knows where they lair.  They can be found down in the old Sunless Citadel just a bit outside of town. The whole thing sank long ago, now only the remains of the upper towers remain above ground."

(DM - @DM Vitkyng)

RE: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One) - Arius Dezlentyr - 11-07-2018

"In case anyone asks, how can we provide proof that we are on official business? Rather than mere fortune hunters?"

RE: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One) - Mourn - 11-18-2018

The coin would be helpful, but is there any lore regarding the sunless citadel? Mourn finally said, his deep rumbling basso voice rolling across the room. He felt the stirring in his chest, the need to help others, but he tried not to let that need outweigh his good sense.

RE: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One) - Athos Blackwind - 12-27-2018

Athos smiled and shook the Innkeepers hand. "Thank you for the information and the hospitality sir." 

He procured their rooms and dropped off his traveling pack. Once relieved of the heavy load he trotted back out into the town to look for his friends.

RE: The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One) - DM Spiral - 12-27-2018

---Mourn and Lovise---

[Image: h1UoS8c.png]

"There is lore about everything in some fashion.  But unfortunately I focus on magical trades and never thought much of the Sunless Citadel. Whatever is down there is not worth much to me outside of my family being recovered. I'm sure you might find others around the town that would know a bit on the subject though."

---Arius, Kriv and Nightingale---

"Well you very well could encounter some treasure hunters or other adventurers. Though they would have just as much right as you to go risking themselves in the citadel. The only ones who would care that you are on official business would be me or a Neverwinter Representative. And Since you've spoken with me that covers the later."

---Athos and Leloth---

(DM - Roll Perception and Investigation to spot or deduce where your fellow adventurers might have wandered off too.)