RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-30-2017, 12:11 PM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: [ -> ]"Interesting," mused Merri.  "He doesn't seem to be suffering any ill effects from the air.  Something must be lost in translation with the air elemental.   It looks like this is the path we need to take.  Silent Giant, if you would lead the way."  Merri hoped her lighter frame would maneuver better than the half-orc's, that is if she understood him correctly.

Yep, follow me. - he steps in
Toot was a little concerned about travelling into some strange pocket dimension they knew nothing about so he turns to Torin and asks, "Do you have divination that give you knowledge about plane or ask question of god?"

When it's obvious that Toot can't prolong his hesitation any further, he pats Boo and squeaks to him in Jermlaine, "It ok Boo.  Me scared too but we must go inside.  We protect each other like always."  Toot will then hesitantly enter behind the others.
OOC - moved to new roll20 map. Due to fog of war it's a bit difficult but you can find yourselves middle bottom on the map (follow the arrow, basically)
Follow me - he goes to the left and looking for tracks especially tracks of a dragon.
(08-31-2017, 01:08 AM)Toot Wrote: [ -> ]Toot was a little concerned about travelling into some strange pocket dimension they knew nothing about so he turns to Torin and asks, "Do you have divination that give you knowledge about plane or ask question of god?"
- Today didn't prepare any divination.

He turns to SG and says - Go ahead and Caesar and me will follow you! - and he follows SG with the pony.
"Typical," Toot squeaks to himself.  "Toot's strength not yet great enough to commune with nature.  But soon the natural world will whisper much to Toot and we will speak often.  For now, no one trust anything you see or hear.  Dragons are clever so expect all manner of traps, trickery, misdirection and illusion."

Toot did not trust this dimension.  As far as he was concerned it was connected with this Fey World and therefore demanded an unusual level of scrutiny.  So while riding on Boo's back to keep pace with the others, Toot will look for anything unusual, out of place or hidden.

[OoC:  Toot will regularly attempt to disbelieve his surroundings or anything suspicious (Will save +14).  When not disbelieving he will be making Spot (+7) and Listen (+7) checks.  Toot will also ask Lugar to regularly seach for traps. ]
Those who enter the pocket dimension experience the same that Giant tried to explain. It seems that there's a starless sky or something similar atop the mushrooms, and there's no way to see out of this place.

Lugar nods on Toot's recommendation and moves forward, carefully scrutinizing the surroundings, especially the ceiling. Giant follows, their darkvision letting them see the surroundings.
There's silence and only the damp, lukewarm scent of mushrooms can be perceived. They are heavily grown, their gaps mostly filled with three-feet-high blads of grass. Several of the mushrooms feature ants the size of the half-orc. Apparently, they seem to be uninterested in the presence of those who stay away from them.
Private to Toot
These ants look like soldiers.
Giant goes forward he doesn't want to find the anthill... Gulp, there can be thousand of half-orc sized ants.

ooc - But if they are friendly we can ask them about dragon...
ooc - Torin prepare the shield other spell Smile
Merrinna looks all around after entering the pocket dimension. "Interesting. If this wasn't such a dangerous place, I would take notes. I do not recall hearing of such a thing before."
Toot will mention the type of Ant and any other information that might be useful about them.  

"If soldier ants be close then maybe Queen close too.  Me no want to disturb ant colony.  Their large numbers could overwhelm us quickly.  Maybe Lugar should look around to be sure we don't accidentally stumble across something that alerts the Colony to see us as their enemy.  Or worse, the Queen herself."