RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-23-2017, 07:20 PM)Toot Wrote: [ -> ][OoC2: Toot has no way of calling the Pony unless he turns himself into a pony or removes the Helm of Comprehend Languages from Boo and puts it on the Pony's head or Casts a Speak with Animal's spell.

Toot will of course be using his Knowledge of Nature and Survival skills to try to learn more information about the mushrooms.  

Toot happens to have some string for the fishhook.   Big Grin

"Perhaps me could summon Air Elemental.  Then ask it to fly as fast as it can to scout whatever on other side.  It really fast.  Or could use Air Elemental that already here but me doubt wizard want to place familiar in jeopardy.  I know me wouldn't."

Torin gives the rope to Toot and says: You're our druid and as I know you could much better handle the animals than me. So, please take the rope and try to call him back maybe you could use your elemental.

[ooc] - IMHO you should try to roll some skill check; Surranó will say no if needed, you don't need to say te same Tongue
It's a good question whether you need anything more than eye contact for a handle animal check. Like, being on the same plane of existence ;-)

I repeat, the caster should be able to command the mount IMO, without a skill check, but Torin has the feeling that the pont can't perceive him from that location.
What are we waiting for? If this airlike creature can go in and out then me can too. - he enters
Private to Giant
As the half-orc enters the ring he feels dizzy for a moment as he can see that all the mushrooms around him grow in an instant into the size of sycamore trees. The air is humid and Giant feels uneasy about breathing. He can feel that his equipment, even his limbs, became heavier as well. It takes time for him to move around and his steps shorten.

Looking around, he feels like this mushroom-forest is in the middle of nowhere, the sparse fluorescent light emanating from patches of some kind of moss are not reflected by anything other than the mushrooms. The starless sky above his head is so dark it may eventually be a black blanket. If Giant thought of being able to see his comrades from this place then he must be disappointed.

The place has no particular odour, but there's an ambient noise of crickets chirping, bugs scampering around on their segmented feet, and something rustling along dry ground.

Spoiler: Characteristics of the rings
The dimensional pocket of the rings has heavy gravity: many movement-related skill checks suffer a -2 circumstance penalty, as do all attack rolls. Weights are doubled, weapon ranges halved. Falls are harder. (1d10 per 10 feet, max 20d10)
He waves to the others and shoots up an arrow into the sky.
He picks up the rope and his fishhook and goes out. He leads Torin's pony out too. 

Here you are, dwarf.
Have you seen me and my arrow?
The air is humid there and I felt uneasy about breathing. 
There is no enough air and hard to breath.
Everything is heavier there than normal.
I felt like this mushroom-forest is in the middle of nowhere, the sparse fluorescent light emanating from patches of some kind of moss were not reflected by anything other than the mushrooms.

There is a mushroom forest with some light in.
The starless sky above my head was so dark it may eventually be a black blanket. 
I haven't seen you from that place, there is a black sky above.
The place has no particular odour, but there's an ambient noise of crickets chirping, bugs scampering around on their segmented feet, and something rustling along dry ground.

I have heard some noises, big bugs, etc.
So let's go, move, what are you waiting for?
OOC - I don't think this level of description is characteristic to Giant's linguistics (intelligence Smile ) or knack for storytelling (charisma Smile )

Giant fires an arrow that flies up about 10 feet before stopping abruptly, and falling limply back to the ground.
Leading the pony outside proves to be of no problem, but both the pony and the ranger feel dizzy upon arrival. Life suddenly feels easier.

Those outside could observe the half-orc getting in, moving around a little bit, drawing an arrow, and shooting it upwards. Those watching closely can see that the arrow falls down without leaving the height of the mushrooms, as if it suddenly lost all its momentum. Finally, everyone can see as Giant emerges from the tiny-pocket, leading Torin's pony on a rope.
OOC - Okay, I have changed my post.

He picks up his arrow too.
Giant picked up his arrow before he left the tiny-pocket.
"Interesting," mused Merri. "He doesn't seem to be suffering any ill effects from the air. Something must be lost in translation with the air elemental. It looks like this is the path we need to take. Silent Giant, if you would lead the way." Merri hoped her lighter frame would maneuver better than the half-orc's, that is if she understood him correctly.
To clarify once again; the air elemental did not have issues from ground level up to the top of the mushrooms; only above that.
Giant mentioned complete black sky, and those watching closely could see how his arrow suddenly lost momentum, as if being reflected by some resilient surface that's transparent from this perspective.

Lugar grunts, "I'm not afraid of deadly air that doesn't kill an orc. Let's go"
He joins the ranks right next to Giant.