RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC: oops!  I misunderstood meaning of the Forcecage.  I thought it was some kind of defensive spell he had cast.   Rolleyes ]

Toot will rub the few wiry hairs on his chin then asks from within the mushroom patch, "Since dorf was able to pass wand to him it mean cage not solid wall.  More like bars of jail cell.  So don't need to destroy bars, just find way to move through spaces between bars.  Like a really powerful reduce or polymorph him into tiny snake or mouse or misty form spell."

Toot will then tippy toe to a new spot.]
Ooc - if you haven't heard of him so much better for you (less spoilers)

Ooc - clever idea... actually Toot thinks a creature as large as a juvenile cat could probably pass.

Zelgadis meets Merri in the eye.
"A strange world it is, then. The next thing you tell me would be that demons don't exist here? Anyway, I would avoid fighting this beast, dragon or not. Even more so if it's a true dragon. I have the means to kill a dragon but not the reason."

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről
Ooc - Can't seem to quote Toot

"I happen to have a shrinking potion for such an escape job." Lugar says to Toot.  "I was planning on using it when absolutely needed."  He looks around at the mushrooms and wonders a bit... Maybe these mushrooms make things small, like the field they passed through earlier?  Turning to Zelgadis he says, "How much is freedom worth to you? What's in it for us?"

Ooc - Yes, Lugar is looking for valuables :Smile Not quite sure the reduce person will be sufficient to shrink Zelgadis but maybe he can squeeze through? We have a cleric to put him back together right?
OOC - halving his size wouldn't be sufficient. And there's one more catch... the name of the spell is Reduce Person. You sure he qualifies? Smile

Zelgadis clicks with his tongue.
"I don't have much gold on me if that's what you are after but I can offer this brooch."
He indicates the brooch holding his cape together but spite is clearly audible in his voice.
- I have an Alter self wand with that and your potion we could reach the tiny size or smaller.

Ooc: Sorry but I have no time to search the smallest humanoid.
Ooc - not sure, but he looks as ugly as Lugar so he may still be a person...

"Bah!" He grunts in disappointment. "You can't fool Lugar Bargrimm! I can practically smell the value of that magic sword!" Lugar thinks a bit as he slinks closer to the cage so he's not shouting, his eyes scanning the area.  He knows an adventurer would never part ways with their weapon unless they were dead... "What about knowledge, tell us something of value to us.  After a week of twiddling your thumbs you must know more of the creatures here, these mushrooms, and your captor.  Maybe we can figure a way to set you free."
Giant is a bit confused. He? What's now? What did he say where is the dragon?
"It seems to me that you know more about this green... dragon... than me. I haven't met anyone else here. He sat here a few days ago for hours, observing me as I made every attempt to leave the cage. I'm pretty sure he created it himself and he knows that I won't attack him if I ever want to get out. He has a twisted idea of keeping me alive; all I have now is about two pounds of rotten meat and some stale water. But my body endures. Some benefit of my transformation, I have to say."
"He says he has the means to kill a dragon! Hah!" Lugar laughs looking at Silent Giant. "I don't believe that considering you were captured by one, dragon-slayer!" Lugar retrieves his waterskin as he approaches the cage to get a better look at Zelgadis...  Transformation, hmm...  He had the shape of a human but looked like some cross-breed with an earth elemental.  He tosses his waterskin to the edge of the cage.  "So how would you kill a dragon then?"

Ooc - Is there anything odd in the area besides Zelgadis and the forcecage? On the map there's an out of place dot or something in the middle of the clearing. If nobody has done so already Lugar will scout the immediate area with SG looking for dragon signs, sleeping area, traps, tracks etc. Can we see anymore glyphs in the area, like the ones at the entrance that Merri saw?
OOC - a bit of information that you may have missed; unless you are under the effect of Comprehend Languages or similar you can't understand what the man talks. It's a nuisance as Torin, Merri, and Toot can translate... You could have a chance with Torin's CL wand though. He can understand you, though, since he is under the effect of the spell. How long?... you seem to have lost track of time here but ten minutes are mostly gone in the conversation and the first spell (on Torin) is already fading.

"You are not obliged to believe me. And then, you may be right. I've never slain any... green... dragons. Do they have enormous astral imprint, similar to gold and black dragons, comparable only to true demons?"

Zelgadis looks at the waterskin for a long moment, swallowing hard, then at Lugar, as if pondering whether he was so cruel or simply stupid.
"And how am I supposed to retrieve that without burning to cinders?"

OOC2 - The dot must be a cosmetic error, will check later.
There's nothing else of interest to mention right here. Just giant mushrooms all around, worn earth, and rubbery black sky.