RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: 17. Temple of Brigh:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Bronze wind chimes and clockwork statues decorate the domed portico of this compound dedicated to the goddess of invention. The oldest faith in Torch, Brigh’s temple sees regular worship from many of the town’s citizens, and also includes a meticulously organized workshop managed by the town’s religious leader, Joram Kyte. His friendly demeanor, active interest in the metal trade, and innovative crafting skills helped land him a seat on the town council many years ago. Joram’s temple includes a small shopfront selling magic items and gear.
Entering the temple with the rest of the group that chose to follow along, Chrome waves to those he knew at the temple. He knew Mr. Kyte, but not very well... his interests were somewhat aligned with Brighs, but he wasn't one who desired divine inspiration by any sense. Chrome preferred figuring things out for himself, or at least through a conversation with another and not by some sort of intervention. He still respected the services provided though, so while he wasn't a common visitor he wasn't foreign to the place. Bringing himself forward he announced, "Myself, Kayla, and ..." he paused as he realized it would take a while to announce everyone, and also he didn't remember everyone's names quite yet (ashamedly to say) "...the others here are going to be taking part in an expedition into the caves Mr. Baine found, and hopefully find him there-within." He summarized their plan for after this visit. "And to that end, we require a few supplies to aid us in our venture, particularly healing supplies. We were told the town would fund a credit on our behalf, of about 20% of the cost of such goods? If you have a scroll with a few castings of divine light healing magics, that would be ideal for myself, others here may be more interested in potions. Also, if you happen to have a means of protecting the scrolls from the water we'll be moving through as well, that would save us a trip."
Reawyn had visited the temple before in the past, but not recently. He had never had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with the clergy of the temple, but he did believe in Brigh's teachings, like so many of his clan.

"You forget the primary reason we were to come here sir Chrome. Additional supplies will be welcome, but we were sent here with a promise of water breathing magic, granted to allow us to navigate the underwater entrance to the tunnels." He looks at the clergy. "Will you be able to assist us as the council advised?"
Kayla, like Chrome, occasionally visited the temple, but she believed in other divine intervention. Still, she did need to purchase a cure light wounds potion. And help with some means of waterproofing some of her gear - nobody wants to sleep on a soggy bedroll! So she will look around and see what Joram Kyte had for sale, and listen to the conversation.
Ursk follows the group into the temple then stops when he sees the various clockwork devices. He puts one hand over his shoulder, gripping the hilt of his still-slung axe, and slowly walks up to one of the contraptions. With his free hand, he pokes it a couple times to see if it reacts.
Joram Kyte is grinding his teeth when people start filtering in. His pained expression softens when he realizes the group's purpose here. "Let's get right to it. Not in the mood for small talk. Is everyone here? Good." He holds up a rod and intones the spell to confer water breathing on the whole party at once. "Better hop to it. Spells don't last forever. There's an acolyte manning the shop out front for some basic supplies, potions, scrolls, and such."

"Don't touch that, dwarf!" Joram snaps at Ursk with more than a little irritation.

(All the magic stuff is out of your price range except for a batch of healing potions. 40 each with discount.)
"Huh.." Chrome offered, trying to check his body to feel any changes. Understanding the high level spell, he realized they weren't in a large hurry, given they had a couple of hours together, at least, but still didn't want to dally. They were officially on a time crunch now, unless they'd want to irritate Joram further. "We have quite a bit of time to get down there, a couple hours or so, but Mr. Kyte is correct in that we'd better not dally." Bringing himself outside as quickly as people had brought themselves in, he proceeded to find the shop outside to make his purchase. While they only had potions available, he didn't think too much of it. He'd be able to use it himself this way, plus no need to worry about sealing the scroll tubes. Taking out four platinum pieces and trading them for one, he offered "I could support half the cost of another. I'll pay it forward." He stated, leaving two more on the table and waiting for someone else to claim them if they were, or take them back if they weren't. Otherwise, he was ready to go.

Spellcraft: 1d20+5 18

(Making an assumption of the spell as being Water Breathing, which I'd barely understand with my spellcraft. Will fix my post if I am incorrect. Only other thing i can think of is Aboleth's Lung... and yeeah.... I don't think he'da done that.)
Reawyn simply politely thanks Joram. 

"Thank you sir."

Then he heads outside to wait for the others, having no funds that he can offer to help all ay teh cost of another healing potion.

[OoC literally 1sp, and 5cp if anyone needs his funds lol]

[b]"We should hurry. We may need the water breathing more than just at the entrance."[/b]
Ursk's hand pauses in mid-air at the priest's command. One bushy eyebrow arches as the dwarf's head slowly pivots to the irritable man, his other hand still resting on the axe. And then...he shrugs. Hand comes off the axe. And he walk a back outside.  In Dwarven, he mutters,
"Weak armed, porridge faced carbuncle."

He stops when he sees Chrome and Raewyn trying to count funds towards a healing potion. He ponders for a moment, then walks over and wordlessly tosses his coin purse on the table. 

[ooc]11 gold that I can chip in[/ooc]
(Head to the weeping pond when ready. Don't overthink water-proofing. You prepared for it enough.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18